My boyfriend and I had a terrific stay at the Standard last week. I never write reviews, but our trip was so great that I felt compelled to do so. I thought that the location was great. We were able to relax during the day and enjoy the excitement of south beach at night. We received a room upgrade during check-in without even asking. We ended up with a large wet room which was nice and clean and well air conditioned. We really enjoyed the pools--main infinity pool, hot tub, and cold tub. It was never a problem finding lounge chairs around the pool and the attendants were very attentive. We had lunch at the restaurant by the pool one day. Lunch was good, the view was beautiful, and we were very excited to see dolphins while we were dining. I also have to rave about the hamam. It was incredibly relaxing to lay out on the hot marble benches and then cool off with a cold shower. I think it's great that so many of the spa amenities at this hotel are either included or very reasonably priced (mud bath is $10--we were about to try this but it started to rain). It did take 20 min to get our car, but we just called the valet for the car while we were getting ready and by the time we got to the lobby the car was there. The restaurants at the hotel were a bit pricey, so we walked to starbucks (10 min walk) each morning which worked out great. I highly recommend this hotel for a fun, relaxing getaway.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on tiny Belle Isle in Biscayne Bay, The Standard, Miami is an indoor and outdoor hydrotherapy playground that fosters stress-free socializing in a tropical, contemporary setting. With a minimalist design, the holistic hydrotherapy spa hotel provides a stylish yet intimate ambience just blocks from the glitz of South Beach's nightlife and celebrity crowd. Owned by hotelier Andre Balazs, the hotel, winner of Conde Nast Traveler's Readers' Favorite Spa Hotel award, features a one-acre garden with do-it-yourself hydrotherapy-based scrubs, plunges, open-air mud baths, and stunning amenities that include a 103° F Roman Waterfall Hot Tub, a 50° F Arctic Plunge, and a 12-foot Falling Water Column. The 12,500-square-foot spa boasts one of the largest hammams in North America, in addition to an exceptional treatment menu of bodywork, massage, facials, and complementary health alternatives. More than 40 fitness classes are available weekly (including eight types of yoga), and the hotel's restaurants offer healthful Mediterranean coastal cuisine and al fresco dining. The modest guest capacity (a mere 100 rooms) complements the hotel's communal setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Standard Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard Miami Hotel Miami Beach
- Standard Miami Beach
- Standard Miami Hotel Beach
- Standard Hotel Miami Beach