We stayed at the Standard for 4 nights in May (in a medium room) and while we had an enjoyable stay I’m not sure it was worth the price we paid.
What I liked:
- Amazing pool with bay view and beautiful grounds – the hotel had a real south beach vibe. My husband loved the plunge pools too.
- The staff at the pool very friendly and helpful – coming over with towels and ice-water every time we came in to swim or relax.
- Location – I didn't want to stay in the craziness of the beach and the Standard was located in a peaceful area, only a short walk and you arrive at the beginning of Lincoln Road Mall.
What I didn't like:
- Customer was service ‘hit and miss’ – I phoned to cancel a wake-up call as I had woken up early but the front desk had no record of the wake-up call (luckily I’d woken up myself). Also, I’d asked for a friend checking in late to be given a message, which was not delivered.
- The breakfast area – I was left waiting for a menu for at least 5 minutes (before I asked the coffee desk for one myself) because the server was too busy having a long conversation with another customer. A friend also staying on the property waited over an hour for room service (only coffee and a breakfast wrap) and had to phone numerous times to find out where it was.
- The air-con was very loud – so loud we couldn't leave on at night because it was vibrating the walls in our room. Although the walls were so thin we could still hear the air-con from the room next door.
- Lack of storage space in the bathroom – I’d read reviews of others complaining about this (which at the time I thought was an odd thing to complain about) but when you travel you usually have a lot of toiletries and other than a small cabinet behind the mirror our room only had a tiny porcelain shelf located right over the toilet (which things would often slip off). I stopped using it after our toothbrushes nearly ended up in the bowl!
All-in-all we still had a nice stay, mainly because of the lovely pool and grounds, but I’d look elsewhere for our next trip to Miami.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on tiny Belle Isle in Biscayne Bay, The Standard, Miami is an indoor and outdoor hydrotherapy playground that fosters stress-free socializing in a tropical, contemporary setting. With a minimalist design, the holistic hydrotherapy spa hotel provides a stylish yet intimate ambience just blocks from the glitz of South Beach's nightlife and celebrity crowd. Owned by hotelier Andre Balazs, the hotel, winner of Conde Nast Traveler's Readers' Favorite Spa Hotel award, features a one-acre garden with do-it-yourself hydrotherapy-based scrubs, plunges, open-air mud baths, and stunning amenities that include a 103° F Roman Waterfall Hot Tub, a 50° F Arctic Plunge, and a 12-foot Falling Water Column. The 12,500-square-foot spa boasts one of the largest hammams in North America, in addition to an exceptional treatment menu of bodywork, massage, facials, and complementary health alternatives. More than 40 fitness classes are available weekly (including eight types of yoga), and the hotel's restaurants offer healthful Mediterranean coastal cuisine and al fresco dining. The modest guest capacity (a mere 100 rooms) complements the hotel's communal setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, EasyToBook, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Standard, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard Miami Hotel Miami Beach
- Standard Miami Beach
- Standard Miami Hotel Beach
- Standard Hotel Miami Beach