Stayed at the Standard for 4 nights and it was amazing. It's is very different that what the typical SoBe hotel will be but that is why you want to book a stay.
The pool was amazing, clean and free of trash. It was a great to spend all day there, with no regret. You have the option of the swimming pool, cold pool, waterfall hot tub or hopping in the bay. Make sure you try the sliders and garlic aioli. Having a great pool is an advantage with all the jelly fish we encountered at the beach. It is the focal point of a very nice hotel.
The 3rd floor spa was excellent, I did not use any of the services but the gym sauna, steam room where all top notch.
One thing I did not realize was the 25 cent shuttle bus that will take you to south beach. The station is right in front of the hotel. There is a publix that is about 10 mins and is a great place to get alcohol and snacks. The numerous complaints of outrageously priced drinks is alleviated by getting what you need there. There is also a whole foods nearby also.
The rooms are spartan and dated. Whether this is done on purpose I'm not sure. I did see plenty of landscaping and and crew on the grounds.
The fridge in the room is also very small so you cannot use it to store more than one or two large food items and you will have to take out all of the sodas and drinks. Also there is no microwave so plan accordingly
Pool service was not to my expectations. The one time a drink order was placed, we were asked twice if we were guests and and we both had on our robes. After that, going directly to the bar proved the best way to get drinks and water.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on tiny Belle Isle in Biscayne Bay, The Standard, Miami is an indoor and outdoor hydrotherapy playground that fosters stress-free socializing in a tropical, contemporary setting. With a minimalist design, the holistic hydrotherapy spa hotel provides a stylish yet intimate ambience just blocks from the glitz of South Beach's nightlife and celebrity crowd. Owned by hotelier Andre Balazs, the hotel, winner of Conde Nast Traveler's Readers' Favorite Spa Hotel award, features a one-acre garden with do-it-yourself hydrotherapy-based scrubs, plunges, open-air mud baths, and stunning amenities that include a 103° F Roman Waterfall Hot Tub, a 50° F Arctic Plunge, and a 12-foot Falling Water Column. The 12,500-square-foot spa boasts one of the largest hammams in North America, in addition to an exceptional treatment menu of bodywork, massage, facials, and complementary health alternatives. More than 40 fitness classes are available weekly (including eight types of yoga), and the hotel's restaurants offer healthful Mediterranean coastal cuisine and al fresco dining. The modest guest capacity (a mere 100 rooms) complements the hotel's communal setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Standard, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard Miami Hotel Miami Beach
- Standard Miami Beach
- Standard Miami Hotel Beach
- Standard Hotel Miami Beach