“3 Miles to Paradise” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #48 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Miami, Florida
“3 Miles to Paradise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Due to rain damage to my apartment because of a week of rain, i needed to check into a hotel. I am fortunate that I have many choices of hotels to stay at in Miami Beach due to my business relationships that exist. I needed the best of both worlds. I needed to stay close to home but still wanted to escape Miami Beach. The only hotel that could meet my expectations is the Standard Hotel. I felt as though I went to a paradise dedicated towards relaxation. Upon contacting Grace Duncan and Amanda Perez about my last minute reservation, my mini vacation to paradise began through being greeted by the valet attendants to the warm welcome by the front desk manager Frank Zapata.

The environment and energy that the Standard Hotel creates is one of relaxation. Even for myself who is constantly on my phone and Ipad for business; the power of the Standard Hotel embodies relaxation.

Although I have worked with these individuals in the past, I observed because the management team and they greet and handle all guests as though they are family members.

Room Tip: I am familiar with the property. However, the rooms situated around the corner towards the right ha...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
Bridgetown, Barbados
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed in February for a long weekend and Alex Lindao and his team looked after us wonderfully from the movement we arrived and he checked us in to our room. A very civilised and relaxed place to use as a base for South Beach and Miami

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Porto, Portugal
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Excelent 5 days stay in April/May 2013. The location is not in front of the beach and this may be the only issue when evaluating this hotel. In our case it was never a problem as we enjoyed the 30 minutes walk to the beach all along Lincoln Road. At night we always used the taxi to go to the restaurants and bars, which was not very expensive.
The good thing about the hotel location is that as it's not near the beach or the main nigthlife spots, it's quite perfect to relax and appreciate some quietness, which is impossible to have on other South Beach Hotels of the same level.
The Hotel ambience and decoration is just perfect! The Lobby is amazing, the gardens are small but cozy and elegant, and the pool area is fantastic, being highlighted by the smashing sunset view over Miami.
We had a great service from all the staff, but would like to highlight Alex Lindao, who checked us in the Hotel. Alex started his great service by allowing us to check in and go to our room a couple of hours sooner than the check in time, and then made everything to make us feel at home, providing good recomendations and tips on thing to do in Miami.
In Miami, this will be our Hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

I'm a Miami native and The Standard was always my go-to spot when I wanted to treat myself to a day at the spa or for a special dinner — surprisingly, there aren't many places to dine on the water on South Beach. This is by far my favorite, especially when entertaining out of town guests. Now that I live in NYC, my husband and I recently stayed there for four glorious days. It is the anti South Beach. Very chill, with a health-consciousness you don't find at other hotels in the area. It is also on the west side of the island, so for those looking to not be in the middle of SoBe tourist craziness, this is the perfect spot. Great restaurants that aren't scene-y and overpriced are in walking distance, and the bike share program makes it easy to get around. It's also a short stroll to Lincoln Road. Short story long, I wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

This is a unconventional concept hotel in Miami: It looks like a 1960's Motel converted into a luxury where bungalow-rooms with private terraces are like private suites ! Bathtubs are on the terrace so you can have a relaxing moment watching the sky ... The Pool is amazing! Brunch time the restaurant is incredible for a reasonable price! What else ? The Spa Massage ! You need to try it to complete your experience ! See you soon Miami !

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
melbourne
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

We spent three days here in April. It was very disappointing. We wanted a six day break during our round the world holiday, we cut it short it left us so underwhelmed. It was really an old motel that had been tarted up on a tight budget, the initial design intent was simple, with a luxe holiday vibe. It just didn't have the luxe budget to pull it off, everything appeared cheap and nasty, you could hear the neighbours showering and flushing of toilets. We move three times in three days, the first night all we could hear was the hotel room above us, the second night the neighbours decided on having a party until we called security at 1.30am, and the third night we were upgraded to the best room of the house, with stunning ocean views and a very saggy and uncomfortable bed. The last move was done when we were absent from the hotel, they left our belongings in the safe and threw out our toiletries, which I had to have housekeeping retrieve from the bin for us, if you do something, do it properly, otherwise you just make the situation worse. Breakfast was included, but not the 18% service charge, and the service at the restaurant was hit and miss, as was the breakfast. I am sure for the price there are far better options in Miami. We wanted a truly restful stay but it was just a stressful one. Don't bother.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
ISMiami, General Manager at The Standard Miami, responded to this review, May 9, 2013
Dear hellodi,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. I am disappointed that we were not able to turn your experience around and leave you with an enjoyable memory. Although we understand that our hotel is not everyone’s style, we do pride ourselves in the level of service we provide and we seem to not have accomplished our goal. I would like to apologize for the noise level as well as the miscommunication regarding the moving of your belongings to your new room. We sincerely hope you will give us another opportunity in the future.
IS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

Having lived in MIA and spent many, many times at the spa and pools, I was delighted to come back as a guest of the hotel. My initial greeting was from Alex, who was kind and helpful, as he escorted me to my room on the 2nd floor. The room was quaint and comfortable, just the perfect fit for solo trip. The bathroom was also simple, and had wonderful floor to ceiling mirrors, which I liked, and a rain fall shower. Upon visiting the pools and outdoor dining, I had gracious and attentive service every single day. I was recognized and taken care of so well by the lovely staff, who work very hard to please many guests in this resort paradise. Saturday was a bit overcrowded at all the outlets and pool because it was a gorgeous day and I had a hard time relaxing in the spa because some guests did not know how to use their spa voices in the hammam, but overall, it did not ruin my time. The beauty of the property and the friendliness of the staff made this a very memorable trip and I will certainly be back. Special thanks to Alex, Anthony at the Pool, Matt at the Bar and Max at the Cafe, as well as Claudi - the best masseur in the world!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room closer to the bay, as the ones closer to the lobby and cafe have more audible traffic...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Been to The Standard Miami? Share your experiences!