This hotel sits in a good position for those who want easy access to both downtown/Design District and SoBe. Personally I really liked the fact that I could cycle easily (using DecoBikes) to SoBe but not be in the middle of that craziness. It has a nice feeling to it and the Spa is really very good. The pool is lovely and the waterfront restaurant laid back. Food however is disappointing, except for breakfast. Much best to eat downtown (and great concierge who can fix this for you - book ahead for best places). Only two things let it down: a) the rooms, which are small and not practical plus showing some wear and b) noise. This not good at all, as they pride themselves of being a retreat. issue is very simple - people walk back and forth along row of front rooms and services (trolleys etc) along the back. But worst of all is the room at the back closest to the bar. They moved me when I made a fuss but pretended that i was the first to complain. Very naughty when other staff confirmed this the 'noisy room'. Very poor when costs just as much as the others and one jetlagged. So, though I was told one should avoid The Standard in LA at all costs, I would stay here again but bring ear plugs...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on tiny Belle Isle in Biscayne Bay, The Standard, Miami is an indoor and outdoor hydrotherapy playground that fosters stress-free socializing in a tropical, contemporary setting. With a minimalist design, the holistic hydrotherapy spa hotel provides a stylish yet intimate ambience just blocks from the glitz of South Beach's nightlife and celebrity crowd. Owned by hotelier Andre Balazs, the hotel, winner of Conde Nast Traveler's Readers' Favorite Spa Hotel award, features a one-acre garden with do-it-yourself hydrotherapy-based scrubs, plunges, open-air mud baths, and stunning amenities that include a 103° F Roman Waterfall Hot Tub, a 50° F Arctic Plunge, and a 12-foot Falling Water Column. The 12,500-square-foot spa boasts one of the largest hammams in North America, in addition to an exceptional treatment menu of bodywork, massage, facials, and complementary health alternatives. More than 40 fitness classes are available weekly (including eight types of yoga), and the hotel's restaurants offer healthful Mediterranean coastal cuisine and al fresco dining. The modest guest capacity (a mere 100 rooms) complements the hotel's communal setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Tablet Hotels, Sabre Hospitality Solutions , Booking.com, Splendia, Priceline, Tingo, Hotels.com, MrandMrsSmith, Odigeo, Travelocity, Otel, Venere and Jetsetter so you can book your The Standard Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard Miami Hotel Miami Beach
- Standard Miami Beach
- Standard Miami Hotel Beach
- Standard Hotel Miami Beach