We arrived after a 4 hour drive from Key West and after some confusion on our room were given a disabled access room in the far corner of the East Wing. Sliding doors, hand shower and railings around the bathroom walls.
There were a few problems with the room.
The toilet seat had no lid and the seat was loose and falling off, the in room telephone didn't work, the shower spurted water all over the bathroom from the fixture which had been reaffixed to the wall with mastic and it felt extremely poor!
After complaining to the front desk we were moved the next day into a better room further up the east side and things began to improve for the better. Once we had got over that hurdle we really enjoyed it!
It has a great lido and bay restaurant, excellent spa (Ben & Mirabelle both excellent masseuses) and very amenable and helpful staff. Nathalie, Kimi, Ernesto and Alex.
There is a small boutique run by the lovely Renate and a coffee shop which although is a temporary thing should be kept to keep the "buzz" around the outside breakfast area happening.
I did experience a bit of problem with the staff who look after the breakfast who were disorganised and slow but once i complained they were extremely helpful.
all in all i would recommend the Standard. At the weekend it is a bit of a scene as it is a hip place to be seen by the PYT of Miami...(where isn't) but during the week it is very chilled and a bit of an island on an an island. You are close enough and far enough away from everything. it keeps it back to the road and the noise and looks out to the bay... a good horizon!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on tiny Belle Isle in Biscayne Bay, The Standard, Miami is an indoor and outdoor hydrotherapy playground that fosters stress-free socializing in a tropical, contemporary setting. With a minimalist design, the holistic hydrotherapy spa hotel provides a stylish yet intimate ambience just blocks from the glitz of South Beach's nightlife and celebrity crowd. Owned by hotelier Andre Balazs, the hotel, winner of Conde Nast Traveler's Readers' Favorite Spa Hotel award, features a one-acre garden with do-it-yourself hydrotherapy-based scrubs, plunges, open-air mud baths, and stunning amenities that include a 103° F Roman Waterfall Hot Tub, a 50° F Arctic Plunge, and a 12-foot Falling Water Column. The 12,500-square-foot spa boasts one of the largest hammams in North America, in addition to an exceptional treatment menu of bodywork, massage, facials, and complementary health alternatives. More than 40 fitness classes are available weekly (including eight types of yoga), and the hotel's restaurants offer healthful Mediterranean coastal cuisine and al fresco dining. The modest guest capacity (a mere 100 rooms) complements the hotel's communal setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your The Standard Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard Miami Hotel Miami Beach
- Standard Miami Beach
- Standard Miami Hotel Beach
- Standard Hotel Miami Beach