“Lovely atmosphere and great food” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Summer Lovin'
Ranked #50 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
UK
“Lovely atmosphere and great food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for one night on our way from London to South America. Overall, the room was fine (comfy bed and nice sheets) but the knockout bit was the restaurant, which overlooks the bay. The food was as good as the view (we had some wonderful seafood). Then, before we checked out, we went for a swim in the lovely (big) pool which also overlooks the bay. A good place to stay!

• Stayed December 2012

777 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (147)
New York, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We love The Standard South Beach- a unique, charming property with a very local feel and a beautiful view of the bay. The pool and outdoor restaurant are gorgeous. The service can be inconsistent, but the staff are all very nice, social, and welcoming. The rooms are quite small, but there's so much to do there that it didn't really bother us. On sunny days, there are wonderful outdoor spaces to lounge about, and on rainy days, the hammam, the spa, the gym, and the fitness classes kept us entertained. They don't allow kids, but dogs are welcome in all outdoor spaces on the property (including by the pool). Great place for a a fun weekend getaway.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I have lived in South Florida for 12 years and now am a snow bird residing in Cape Cod 1/2 the year. The Standard Spa has always been my favorite hotel to stay at. It is truly a magical place. The service is always exceptional, Shante is absolutely delightful and always recognizes my voice when I call, Alex is THE best bell hop/host I have ever had, always making me feel as if we are long time friends, Sabastion is the BEST masseuse I have ever had and I have had lots of massages.

My favorite thing to do is to spend the entire day at the pool and spa with friends and family. I am known as the "spa princess" in my circle. Always bringing treats to make it an extra special experience.

I am so thankful that the spa/hotel has only gotten better and better as the years go by and I treasure every time I am blessed to spend time there. Thank you everyone at The Standard Spa Miami Beach for creating such a sanctuary for everyone to enjoy. I hope 2013 brings you a tremendous amount of success and happiness.

Room Tip: I always pack a lot of goodies so I like to have a room close to the pool so I don't have to go...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Leeds
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 7 nights in November for our 10 year and it was great. Staff were really helpful, and the quality of the spa was tremendous. We researched lots of Miami hotels and picked this one because we got breakfast in with a deal on Travel republic. Miami is expensive and this saved us alot of money, and I think this hotel is really great value for money. The facilities are top class, free access to the spa, and I think the location is perfect. Its just off the main miami beach island but you are 2 minutes from Lincoln Road and about 15 minutes from the beach. We like being a little bit further from the main part, but within walking distance.
We have never relaxed so much on a holiday, and I liked the fact that wherever you were in this hotel you were never too far away from a comfy seat or sofa ! The menus are designed to be healthy which suited us to be honest, but you could also have burgers etc. Pool was awesome. We stayed in the most basic room and it was still more than comfortable to be honest. Would definately stay here again and recommed this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
NYC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

Just came back from a quick, two-night stay (my first time staying at a Standard Hotel). Been to Miami before, so since this was such a shot trip I never left the property. The spa amenities were amazing. Amazing Hammam and pool. Enjoyed two spa treatments, as well - which were both well worth the money. Had a nice, smaller sized "wet" room with outdoor bath that I enjoyed one night. (Leave your modesty at home though - a few gauzy canvas curtains surround your patio/bath.) Only gripes would be that the service at the outdoor restaurant could have been better. I was a solo traveller and often found myself "accidentally" forgotten (be it to take my order, provide me with the check, refill my wine etc.) Also, I found the food quality to be spotty (and pricey - but that was to be expected.) Three meals I had were amazing (fish dishes and burratina) - others were bland and completely under-seasoned (don't bother getting the chicken.) Despite these small things, I'd definitely be back. The grounds are beautiful and the spa amenities were to die for. Perfect for a mini relaxing escape.

Room Tip: Consider getting a room with an outdoor bath. Very relaxing.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

the best happy hour at the pool bar, especially in the summer, when the sun is setting on the bay. and it's until 8pm, an hour later than other locations. the bar staff are great, as are all the servers. just bring enough cigarettes if you smoke because they charge $14/ pack otherwise.
unfortunately only doing happy hour on fridays now, because it's "season."
otherwise, the hotel is awesome and attracts the cool crowd who wants to be off the beach.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
dubliner
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

Stayed here for one night, rooms are TINY and badly layed out, no bedside tables... its beautifully decorated... More of a showroom/ design fantasy (read self indulgent) than a working hotel.

Here's just a few reasons u should never stay here

We had Smashed glass on the bathroom floor in our room.

Staff woke us up several times during the night wheeling round trollies

outdoor tub has no privacy

Seemed to be a huge amount of staff just standing round socialising rather than looking after guests...roughly 80% of the people at the hotel seemed to be staff?!? managers holding staff meetings in main areas, which I thought was really rude to the guests and showed exactly the attitude they have to paying guests. You are made to feel like an inconvenience.

When we asked to do a mud treatment the staff member asked us in a bemused tone "why y'all doing this so late?... She seemed completely surprised that we wanted to do a treatment in the late afternoon.. And let us know that we'd obviously done the 'wrong thing' ... Again typical of this hotel, your just expected to know whats the norm... If any of the staff could have been torn away from thier own socialising they might have actually suggested that times of day are appropriate for which activities.

This seems to be more of a local club than a hotel.

In bad weather , it rained heavily during our visit ( not the hotels fault of course) this place is a disaster, got soaked going back to our room, staff didn't even have umbrellas for guests.

Ordered drinks at the hotel bar that night ... The waiter had to go to the pool bar in the rain to get drinks as the bar in the lobby was closed?? And came back soaked.. This place is a complete faulty towers.

The standard is seriously over priced for what was essentially an over designed hostel. We weren't even invited to look at the spa no doubt that would have been too much hassle for everyone, this place is buried firmly in its own indulgent fantasy.

On complaining politely on our way out we were just told 'sorry to hear that' and had the full bill shoved at us... No discount.

Two good things:
breakfast
Beautiful design, amazing furniture

• Stayed November 2012
ISMiami, General Manager at The Standard Miami, responded to this review, December 14, 2012
Dear digifunk,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent stay. I am happy to hear you liked our design and breakfast during your time with us. I would like to apologize for the noise from the carts and employees that made your stay anything less than relaxing. I assure you this is not common on our property and are addressing all your concerns internally. We hope you will give us another chance in the near future. I assure you, your next visit will be markedly improved.

Been to The Standard Miami? Share your experiences!