It's when something goes wrong that the strength of a brand shines through, and certain members of he staff at the Standard New York and Miami really proved that to me this summer. When there was a malfunction with the alarm system at the Standard New York (keeping us up part of the night), the hotel contacted me the next day to offer a free room. When I used it at the Standard Miami, I was upgraded to a better room and, thanks to the kindest and courtesy of the staff, enjoyed one of the relaxing stays I've had in a long history of travel.
I booked a night at the Standard New York on July 4. I got engaged earlier in the day and requested a room with a view of the Hudson River fireworks. Although the person who booked my room was careful to tell me that nothing could be guaranteed, we wound up with a perfect view of the fireworks and I could not have been happier.
Unfortunately, the hotel's alarm malfunctioned later that night, keeping us awake for a few hours. The next day, before I could even reach out to the hotel, they contacted me! Michael at the Standard New York could not have been more apologetic or courteous, and we both agreed that a second chance was only fair.
I have to confess, I now feel lucky we were woken up. When I had a long layover in Miami last month, Michael put me directly in touch with the management of the standard Miami. They set us up with a room right away. When we arrived, Jose was at reception. He not only put as at ease, he upgraded our room, helped us with our bags himself, and generally put us in a great mindset to enjoy our time there. By the time we left, we knew that if we ever lived in Miami, we would be joining the spa.
I am not sure whether Jose knew what had happened in New York. Either way, the efforts of both Michael and Jose have ensured that whenever we have a chance, we will be staying at a Standard again, be it in New York, Miami, or anywhere in the world.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated on tiny Belle Isle in Biscayne Bay, The Standard, Miami is an indoor and outdoor hydrotherapy playground that fosters stress-free socializing in a tropical, contemporary setting. With a minimalist design, the holistic hydrotherapy spa hotel provides a stylish yet intimate ambience just blocks from the glitz of South Beach's nightlife and celebrity crowd. Owned by hotelier Andre Balazs, the hotel, winner of Conde Nast Traveler's Readers' Favorite Spa Hotel award, features a one-acre garden with do-it-yourself hydrotherapy-based scrubs, plunges, open-air mud baths, and stunning amenities that include a 103° F Roman Waterfall Hot Tub, a 50° F Arctic Plunge, and a 12-foot Falling Water Column. The 12,500-square-foot spa boasts one of the largest hammams in North America, in addition to an exceptional treatment menu of bodywork, massage, facials, and complementary health alternatives. More than 40 fitness classes are available weekly (including eight types of yoga), and the hotel's restaurants offer healthful Mediterranean coastal cuisine and al fresco dining. The modest guest capacity (a mere 100 rooms) complements the hotel's communal setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Cheap Tickets, Splendia, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your The Standard, Miami reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard Miami Hotel Miami Beach
- Standard Miami Beach
- Standard Miami Hotel Beach
- Standard Hotel Miami Beach