“People still your stuff in the fridge with the complicity of the management” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Deco Walk Hostel | Beach Club

Save Saved
You added Deco Walk Hostel | Beach Club to your Saves list
Deco Walk Hostel | Beach Club
2.0 of 5 Hostel   |   928 Ocean Dr, 2nd Floor, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
“People still your stuff in the fridge with the complicity of the management”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I DO NOT recommend this hostel. At All. They still peoples' stuff.
Nobody likes to their stuff stolen. And i am no exception. And no matter what value it is, the matter should be taken very seriously.
In a matter of ten minutes, someone stole my bottle of soda.
When signaled to the management, they didn't care much about my concern. But instead made me look stupid for speaking out about "just a bottle of soda".
They didn't wanna go over the camera saying that it didn't need to be just for a "bottle of soda".
To me, it is a matter of principle. Not a matter of value.
Worse, it could be anyone. Employes or guests.
By not investigating by looking at the camera recordings, they agree to allow the same person to do the same thing all over again.
I am really pissed of and i will never return to that hostel.

• Stayed September 2013
mikeo856, Manager at Deco Walk Hostel | Beach Club, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about this. Not sure what transpired with your bottle of soda, but will take your advice to check the cameras. We would have been happy to replace your bottle of soda had we known.

163 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

My friend and I stayed at Deco Walk for 3 nights while visiting South Beach. I have to say the location can't be beat, especially for the price. Right across from the beach in the middle of all the action on Ocean Drive and much cheaper than a hotel in the same area. I thought the rooftop bar/lounge area was pretty cool although we didn't use it very often. Also the staff, mainly the two guys at the front desk who's names I can't remember were really helpful and friendly.

Honestly the only thing I really had a problem with was the bathroom. I don't know who thought it was a good idea to have only ONE bathroom for 12 females but it was NOT a good idea. I felt like I spent most of my time in the room just waiting to get into the bathroom and some roommates weren't always considerate about how much time they were taking. Also there was only one outlet in our side of the dorm so that was an inconvenience. Other than that I really have nothing bad to say about Deco Walk. I'd definitely stay there again but probably in a private room or a dorm with less beds.

Room Tip: If you can book a 4 person suite or private room I'd recommend it, just because of the bathroom...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for taking the time to leave a review! We appreciate your comments and thank you for the tip!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

Even though there were 12 of us in 2 six bed rooms, I had a great time. Yes, there is only one bathroom for 12 people but it did not pose a problem. Everyone was courteous and did not hog the bathroom. The ages of the woman was 20 years old up to 71 years old. One of the women in the room was a salsa instructor and all of us crowded into one room and we learned to dance salsa. The music came from her laptop. We then went to the hottest club in town called MANGOS (a few doors down) and we danced the night away! Also, there was a young woman from Japan whose luggage was lost during her flight. Everyone chipped in and gave her clothes to wear including toiletries and we took her out for a night on the town. I called the airport the next day after she tried without success to get someone to help her. I talked to airline staff and finally escalated my call and asked for a manager This was well after the first 24 hours when they kept telling her they did not know where her luggage was. We joined hands and prayed together and asked Jesus to find her luggage. Her luggage arrived at the hostel just 5 hours later. Prayer is always an option and I think it also helped that someone spoke good English to them. I believe when someone does not know the English language too well, the airport personnel may not take that customer seriously. We also demanded of them to find her bag because there was something in it that was critical and that we needed immediately (which was her toothbrush :)). One 48 year old woman from France did not speak English so I took her sightseeing with me and all the women included her in the activities even though she was very shy and was hesitant to go with us. When two younger women arrived 2 nights later and I heard them speak English and French, I woke her up and yelled, "your people are here!!!! They speak French!!!! She rolled over in her bed , looked startled, and I kept saying French, French, French and pointed to the two women. I told them to say something in French and when they did, she bounced out of bed and started speaking French to them immediately. She was so excited that we all had to laugh. She literally talked to them for hours and smiled the entire time! I guess the dead can really come back to life....all you need is someone who speaks the same language! Anyway, these are just a few examples of the great time we all had. We were strangers at first but became a family right away. We immediately embraced each newcomer and hugged those who left to travel elsewhere. We shared our email addresses and we all really had a great time! We have already started emailing each other! I am over 50 years old and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. I haven't this much fun since my college days. We laughed constantly and worked through the language barriers. We shared clothes, shoes, and toiletries like lotion and shampoo and made sure we were all having a great time. Our room was clean, we felt safe, the staff was great and we appreciated being alive, happy and in Miami!!! Thanks Decowalk Hostel. I will certainly return!

Room Tip: If you ask for a room at the end of the hallway which is at the rear of the building and further awa...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for the 5 star rating! We really appreciate it. Glad to hear you had a blast! Hope to see you again soon.
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I stayed at this hostel for a couple of weeks while going around South Florida. For the money and the location the hostel is awesome, there is a chill rooftop bar and lounge with jacuzzi and pool table that gives you a sweet view of Ocean Drive and the Ocean itself across the street. They play good music and its just a great hangout spot before hitting the strip of Ocean Drive. The hostel itself is clean and modern with great staff you feel like you are in one of the coolest places in South Beach, plus its right on the ocean who can beat that? The entire staff is accommodating and really chill they are always asking if you need anything and are very respectful of your space. The rooms are interesting its 12 people with a wall dividing the room with 6 beds in each room, with one shared bathroom. At first I thought it was going to be a bad experience, but it was not. Most people get up early and head out or sleep in so getting a shower in and having the room to yourself at times is more than possible while others are out. IF you dont like your room the staff are more then willing to find you a more suitable bed. Overall great experience, loved it and spent a lot of time on the roof it was great.

Room Tip: Surprising all the rooms are quiet despite all of the club surround the hostel, try to get a bottom...
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Stayed for a night, twas awesome. The location is awesome: in front of the beach and near all the happening places (clubs, restos, etc). The hostel rooms are decent and the bathrooms are not that dirty. Been to some hostels in Europe and Deco Walk is cleaner than them. The rooftop lounge is awesome, nice to sober up there and meet random people (locals and other travellers). I honestly spent more on drinks and parking, the prices are def reasonable. Wish they had something like a 3 bars, 1 night type of deal.. where you can pay a set amount to go to 3 different clubs with other groups of people.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for the 5 star rating! We really appreciate it. Hope to see you again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

This is a Hostel, however I did not mind saving over 100 dollars per night by choosing to stay here. The staff here is super friendly and very informative. The only thing I did not like was that there was some staff members trying to sell me "club VIP passes" to the local bars for an expensive price, when those clubs have a cheap/no cover. I went to the LGBT and Miami (Mainland) clubs therefore I did not even have to pay for cover for the most part.

The location for this Hostel is EXCELLENT !!! The staff tries to keep the rooms clean as much as possible by spraying Lysol and all the good housekeeping stuff. They also have free breakfast and while i was there they had BBQ for dinner (free at the time) .

I would definitely stay here again if I am in Miami Beach. I would highly suggest you stay at Fort Lauderdale for a day or two.

Room Tip: Check in is at 3PM There is one private restroom per dorm room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
mikeo856, Owner at Deco Walk Hostel | Beach Club, responded to this review, June 27, 2013
Thank you for your review! Hope to see you again soon!
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

Seriously, you are across the street from the beach and on the infamous Ocean Drive, where you can watch all the cool cars and hot guys cruise by :) There are many shops and restaurants that you might start acting like a diva yourself!

The staff are super nice and I booked through Patricia and she is super nice! Very accomodating and friendly.

You couldnt ask for a better location, with one of the only rooftops on the beach and a great happy hour, free breakfast and no curfew - that's the best part!

Room Tip: There isnt a fitness center
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your such a great review. We really appreciate the 5 star rating! Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you soon!

Been to Deco Walk Hostel | Beach Club? Share your experiences!