“nice place” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Westgate Miami Beach

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Miami Beach
Westgate Miami Beach
16701 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33160   |
Ranked #164 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
Clifton, New Jersey
“nice place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2004

was there for 1 week from 5/30/04 until 6/06/04 everything was OK the resort is nice rooms are OK it was clean the restaurant had some good red snapper and lobster,and steak the staff was friendly and nice and yes I would go back

32 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2004

I stayed at the Westgate during Memorial Day weekend. I arrived on a Fri and departed on Mon. All in all I would give Westgate a passing grade. Not sure what the price of a regular room is b/c I was on a promotion for a time share. But if you are paying more that 100 dollars a nite I think it is worth it. Rooms were clean, hotel was clean, pool was clean, hotel service was friendly, room service was ok. The only complain I have is the food at the resort is a little pricey...2 chesseburger/fries cost me 20 bucks and b-fest was about 20 bucks for 2 people. This hotel is in North Miami so a ave cap ride will be well over 15 bucks to most places....I would go back and you should try it too!!

Dundee Scotland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2004

Having written a rave review of this resort previously I now feel having visited again I must update it! Westgate Miami Beach has gone downhill big style in the past year. My main gripe is with housekeeping . The 10th floor corridor was not vacuumed in the week we were there and the lift carpets were covered in sand and dirt. Our room was clean enough but some public areas left a lot to be desired. Ther was also the problem of continuous noise from the building of a new 46 storey condominium block right over the wall from the pool area. Not conducive to a relaxing and peaceful holiday!On the plus side the restaurant was excellent in every way. Food was superb and great service.However I don't think we'll be going back there again as I imagine ther won't be much sun to be had round the pool once the condo is built!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2004

we stayed at the Westgate in February 2004, to tell you the truth I was a bit apprehensive after seeing some of the reviews (also for the Newport Beachside Resort) i.e. the area was bad, guards with guns, kids screaming from balconies. But after going, it was very nice, our room was clean, the staff was friendly, we were not "stared" at because we were light-colored. The beach is beautiful, the water is also beautiful, would recommend this as a place to stay.

• Stayed February 2004
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2004

I'm not sure where the previous reviewers were staying, but it doesn't sound like the same place that I stayed in February, 2004. My room was the smallest on the floor, probably because I was traveling alone.
However, it was clean and appeared to have been newly furnished and redecorated with nice touches such as the tiled bar and counter areas.
The pool and beach areas are fantastic with a sizable pool and lots of lounge chairs. Note that there is a $5 daily resort fee, but it actually includes a lot including use of the lounges at the pool, beach towels, newspaper, coffee for the room, free Showtime and Showtime 2 on television. Also note that if you have never been to Miami Beach before, you should be aware that it is common that the hotel buildings are old and windows, decks etc. usually show their age and wear and tear from salt air, humidity, etc. Nevertheless, this hotel seemed in great shape compared to others where I've stayed in the same area. I also loved the diversity of the clientele and the area. Finally, the staff was polite and cordial and the public areas of the hotel were clean and attractive. Don't miss Pelicans on the Pier, a great place for lunch.

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2004

Booked through Hotwire and it was a total nightmare. Either Hotwire or Westgate messed up the reservation. We were supposed to be at the Westgate in South Beach and we ended up at this place. This location was a complete dump. During check-in the maids were in our rooms at 10 pm with the door locked. This place looks like it went through a time warp. Never will stay here again or use Hotwire. Neither was helpful in resolving the problem.

• Stayed January 2004
Springfield, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2003

Okay......Is this truly a Westgate resort? We bought a timeshare at Westgate Lakes Resort in Orlando, which is a BEAUTIFUL 5 star resort!
It is absolutely amazing and everything is top notch. Because we had been to Orlando 3 times in 2 years, we decided to trade our week for a week in Miami at Westgate North Beach. I was so excited about our trip, anticipating a wonderful stay, as our experiences with Westgate Lakes in Orlando has always been 5 star! We got to our resort......what resort? It is nothing but a hotel. The outside of the hotel is outdated as is the inside. The decor is horrendous, the halls and elevators are disgusting, with trash just laying around. But that wasn't the best part. The best part is when they took us to our room, which had a beautiful view of the rock roof. We could see the ocean just fine but the roof definitely overpowered the view. The rooms were not very clean. The couch and carpet had stains all over it and the beds were filthy. Again, the decor was horrible and the decks had paint chipping off everywhere. The windows were FILTHY as well, which had smokey type stains all over them! You couldn't even open them to get a breeze coming through the room. We requested another room, which they granted us and the view was so much better. That room was still just as dirty, as we found hairs in our bed and not the kind that fall from your head.
I was completely appauled that Westgate resorts even took this on and put their name on it. It is definitely not up to par concerning the standards we were presented with at the time of our timeshare purchase.
The only thing Westgate really has going for it is the beach is GORGEOUS, I can't emphasize that enough. There were several palm trees, it was private and quiet, with lawn chairs and tiki huts to cool off with. The water was crystal clear, the pool was nice, the pier was a lot of fun, and it was close to restaurants so there was no need to even rent a car. The staff was very friendly, which helped our stay.
Everything was great except for the hotel. I would go back just for the beach. It was amazing but other than that, get with it Westgate!

Been to Westgate Miami Beach? Share your experiences!