“Horrible service from staff,who is running the hotel needs training how to choose personal to work with tourists” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Westgate Miami Beach

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Miami Beach
Westgate Miami Beach
You added Westgate Miami Beach to your Saves list
16701 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33160   |
Ranked #157 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We usually stay every year in that Hotel for a week we own a time share,they improved the rooms but room service and cleaning as well is very poor they have a bunch people from Haiti in the environmental services that they are not train to deal with tourists they do not even speak in English language and to be honest I would prefer not to have my room made when I am staying there, I like to make it my self in order to feel safe ,Service at the beach is AWFUL you pay for a cocktail like 8 bucks and you get a medium plastic cup full of ice, if you were to rent a hut at the beach make sure you have a receipt with you cause the beach manager is going to show up after 1.00 pm WHEN EVERYTHING IS FULL to tell you that that hut is been rented to somebody else he knows, of course a VIP so your money does not work if someone is liking somebody's shoes like it happens to us ,a very disrespectful manager that is going to raise his voice in front of everybody ,VALET PARKING that is another world they only want your money they do not take care of your car they are always running back and forth they broke my car handle and guess what was the answer from the manager that happens to those type of cars do you want me to make the report ,Sir at least give my money back and apologize your self try to be humble and treat people the way you want you to be treated,but the truth they are far to be a Hotel for me is like been in a low class Motel in Hialeah,very noisy place at night people running and yelling in the hallways at 2.00 am in the morning you do not see any security in the surrounding areas people drinking and smoking everywhere,if you are looking for ice be my guest go to the gas station across because the ice makers machines are always broken well is like going to a third country for a vacation and nobody cares Please if you do not believe me visit it and good luck ,be a fighter in order to survive for a week.thanks for your attention .

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Centennial, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

The Westgate Miami AKA Newport Beach Hotel & Resort has improved over the past few years! 2008-2012 was a time for major improvements, unlike most resorts which took their money and put it into their pockets, this resort worked hard to improve their rating. I had such a nice time and a wonderful upscale remodeled room (no requests made, it was just given to me just as anyone would get). I actually requested to see other rooms - such as the front view of the ocean etc) and each of the four rooms I viewed were just as gorgeous as my own (oceanview/poolside view - 7th floor). The staff was amazing! Every day, without a whistle, my room was straightened out (could it be that I am a friendly tipper? - nothing big, just courteous) and fresh towels were brought up to us. We were 5 in the room and we felt perfectly comfortable. Did I mention the awesome Steak & Lobster special on Wed night? I think all of Miami lined up for this amazing and great deal. The restaurant turned into a late night "disco" scene and we all had a blast! We also felt comfortable about our in and out parking priveleges at $20 per day - we felt that the valet team earned every bit of it - they all were awesome and friendly. Check out all the previous reviews - if they are older than 2012, you are missing out on a great deal - you definately want to give this place another look! I think they spent hundreds of thousands in their remodels of the Main Lobby, Lower Lobby and Spa/Exercise room (wow - state of the art!), restaurant and bar - superb! I just can not get over the service at the front desk - these guys mean to please! But beware - check in and check out is on Saturday and this could prove to be a busy day - but the staff are still smiling (take a look at what they need to do!). Fabulous location - right smack between South Beach (crowds) and Fort Lauderdale (Super Crazy Nightlife). Oh yeah - the beach is fabulous - and the pool is quite refreshing. One thing I will admit - they need a new jacuzzi - larger - for more mingling. Did I mention that they have activity hour every day for kids? Almost a babysitting event (but you need to be there if your children are young!)

Room Tip: All oceanview rooms have a balcony - each two bedroom has a king size bed off the balcony - open the...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Deltona, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2011

THIS PLACE IS A CESSPOOL!!!! Upon check-in there were no towels in our unit. The bathroom floor was sticky and smelled from urine. We had to request to have it cleaned before we would use it. After cleaning it still smelled. There were no dishes, cup, glasses or silverware. The carpet was filthy and had cigarette burns even though it was supposed to be a non-smoking unit. The closet doors were coming off the hinges and would not close. We requested to have them fixed but they never were. The dresser drawers would not close. The balcony door was stuck and would not open. The windows were FILTHY!!! It took forever to get an elevator. The maid service was horrible. They would take the bath mat and never replace it. Upon our arrival we were approached in the lobby to take a time share presentation. I told them that they have some nerve trying to sell these cesspools and they could not give me one. THIS PLACE IS DISGUSTING AND i WOULD NEVER STAY THERE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Windsor Ontario
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2009

I am presently here for a two week stay and find these older reviews inaccurate. The units have now been refurbished - new carpets etc.
Our one bedroom unit is very comfortable. Maintenance is being done constantly. Rooms and lobby are clean and well appointed. Staff has been very helpful. Location at the Boardwalk to go to the beach is fabulous - you can walk almost 2 miles on it.
Feel very safe in the area.
Biggest disadvantage is the parking which Westgate has no control over. It is a municipal lot and if you are driving, expect to pay for parking.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
utah
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2009

My husband and I are seasoned travelers. We used a
"getaway" from Interval international. We arrived and the place looked like a welfare hotel. The lobby, elevators and hallways were dirty. The room was dirty. Marks on walls, dirty bedspread, dirty rug. My husband went to open up a cabinet and it fell off in his hand. We asked to change our room. They put us in a newer room. It was more spacious but the halls were still dirty. The room had a leaky toilet and leaky air conditioning unit.
We left after one night.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Idaho
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2007

I went to Westgate Miami Beach on a really great travel deal for a very good price, and I had never been to the Miami FL area before so I was glad to have what I got and thoroughly enjoyed the experience but ...

What you need to know is ... this property is part of the Westgate chain of hotels/timeshares. It's located on a very beautiful beach and the property is nice. The pool is good and the hotel has most amenities that might be needed, good breakfast! But this property is very obviously an older hotel that is/has been "transformed" into some semblence of a condo type facility. Don't get me wrong, it is clean and very comfortable .. no real complaints here about the facility .. staff was great .. and it's not really a bad location ... but if you are looking for a "Miami experience" this isn't it ... unless you are willing to drive. Also, if you are into nude beaches ... just walk a little way south on the beach and you will see all the nudies you might want to!

This hotel is quite a way from the heart of Miami, really .. although if you don't mind driving and have a rental car it's ok. One benefit to the location is that if you want to visit Fort Lauderdale, this hotel is right in the middle between the two cities and Fort Lauderdale has a really great beach and a really fun "downtown scene" with great beachside eateries etc.

All in all ... I would go to this hotel again if I had a good price ... I really have no complaints about it. If you are looking for a good value in the Miami area it's probably great for you ... there was a mini kitchen, fridge, the room and beds were very comfortable, etc. and there are many great places to eat etc. within walking distance. Also, although I mention the need to "drive" etc. in this review ... I didn't mind the driving .. it was kind of fun and while driving around you find yourself zipping back and forth over the intercoastal waterway and all and it's quite interesting and really a great way to see another part of the world that might be different from where you live. I live in the Pacific Northwest of the U.S. so it was very different and neat to see.

And the location is great if you want to visit Lauderdale. But if you want a true "Miami FL" experience .. complete with the night life and South Beach stuff .. you have to be prepared to drive. And STAY UP LATE! I'm only 40 and pretty healthy ... but the Miami scene ... especially South Beach does not even GET STARTED until 11 o'clock or so. We went into Miami one night at 9:30 - ate dinner and started walking around .. and at 11 there were places that were just starting to set up outside tables etc. to get ready for the night. The South Beach scene is really fun .. the art deco and outside bar tables and all are really neat ... but if you stay at Westgate Miami just please understand that it's not IN MIAMI.

All in all ... I have no qualms about recommending this location ... I had a great time .. but I think people need to know that it is not IN MIAMI.

Stayed April 2006
cheshire
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2007

We,a party of four, went to the Wesgate in Nov. 2006 through Sunterra. NEVER AGAIN!!! Although the 2 bedroom apartments were roomy,during the 2 weeks we were there the bed linen was not changed and the rooms were not cleaned.The carpets were so dirty the soles of our slippers were black. Thankfully we went to the Keys for 4 nights and thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. The only advantage to the resort was the beach. Beautiful! There is only one place to eat out close by otherwise you need a taxi to get to South Beach. The whole of the area was one massive building site. Mother found walking difficult and used a wheelchair ( loaned by the resort and the only good thing about the place), but it was not easy to get around. Don't book any trips through the resort, they are a rip off! We went to the Everglades.It took over an hour to pick up everyone, then the airboat ride was taken up by the driver/pilot taking photos of all the occupants (with their cameras) from outside the boat, and then back to the landing stage. We saw 1 alligator and an escaped iguana. The ride was followed by a wild life show with a few small alligators, a toad, a scorpion, a skunk and a puma cub. The snack bar/shop had exhorbitant prices-$2.50 for a bottle of water.

• Liked — the beach
  • Disliked — lack of cleanliness, isolation from South Beach
  • Stayed November 2006, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Westgate Miami Beach? Share your experiences!