“Bad location, poor rooms!” 2 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4130 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140   |
Special Price
25% off room rate
Ranked #151 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Bad location, poor rooms!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Location - This place is pretty far from the happening side of South Beach, you'll need to take a bus to go there.
Rooms are average - looks like a motel ...bathrooms are not clean, there was only one dirty looking towel given.
Reception - has got an awful smell of Subway meats / veggies.

• Stayed June 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

A hotel sorry a motel. I've been to a lot of hotels and never had to pay for so many extra things. First we had to pay for parking and did NOT get validated for it. Second I come in and they hit me with a $100 deposit. NO one and I MEAN no one told me about it. I got my room off of hot-wire ….there was nothing about a $100.00 deposit. I called earlier that week asked if my room was booked. All she told me was YES ma'am it's ready and see you on the 19 nothing about $100. Then in order to come in early(we traveled 12hrs) we had to pay a $25 dollar fee. They did not offer any continental breakfast. If we wanted WIFI we had to pay $10 extra dollars. So then there are the towels….they give you free towels ok cool. But you must bring it back and if you don't its a $15.00 fee which is actually $16.95. That's An Extra $151.95 everyone. The room looks like a Dorm room…you don't have any closet space. They don't like to give you any extra anything pillows blankets towels. I feel like I've been hustled all week. So if you stay….STAY IF YOU DARE

• Stayed June 2015, traveled with friends
Bellflower, California, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2015

My Staff and I booked rooms here for a trade show that we were attending at the Miami Convention Center and the hotel is a good value for the location as it is literally directly across one street from the beach. There is one big issue with this property, THERE IS NO PARKING so if you are planning on staying here be aware of that. If you are cabbing it around it's fine but we had to park our rental car about four city blocks away in a secure parking garage and walk back and fourth 8 to 10 minutes each way to the hotel which is a total drag. The price for the parking is only $8.00 per 24 hour period so it's not bad but the convience factor is a huge issue. The rooms are a little dated but very clean. It's not a modern property so if that is what you are looking for this is not the place. The staff is very helpful and friendly and after a mis start with my room they upgraded me to a King Room with an Ocean View which was really nice of them. If you are looking for a property near the beach for a good value this hotel will work out fine for you, if you are looking for a more modern property with parking and restraints close by, this would not be an ideal choice. The close beach access and good room rate make a stay here worth while, but the parking situation is not convenient and gets old fast.

Stayed May 2015, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2015

the hotel itself was okay. it was clean and comfortable. For the price it was excellent. My only complaint is that on two separate occasions the staff just walked into our room. no knocking or anything. When she saw us lying in the bed she asked if she could still clean the room. That was very annoying..... the front desk staff on the other hand was very helpful and nice. One of the women Jazmine was the best she helped me find any and everything in the neighborhood that I was looking for.

• Stayed May 2015, traveled as a couple
Crofton, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2015 via mobile

I consider this venue a dated boutique hotel. It's very simple but comfortable, clean and location conveniently settled in North beach Miami. two minute walk to the boardwalk and beach. Subway eatery located on the premises. Bike station and cafe within two blocks. South Beach a twenty minute walk on the boardwalk. This is my fourth stay and I really enjoy it.

Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2015

I mean, what do you expect for $100 night off Miami Beach? We stayed here as a stop over between our commute from Siesta Key Beach to Key West. Bed, shower and a locked door, so we were fine with it. Ignorantly speaking, you're going to have a crowd attracted by this rate, so if you're looking for quiet, older crowd, this place is not for you. It's very convenient to Miami Beach, but the north end. The quality beach is further south, as well as the action/nightlife. There really isn't much going on around here.

The parking situation was a pain in the rear, but like others mentioned, this was a city thing, not the hotels. It's probably ideal for young groups, looking for a cheap stay, as I would of been more than ok with it back in the day, but as a parent traveling with kids, wouldn't subject my family to a place like this again.

Regardless, I'm glad we stayed here, otherwise we wouldn't have come across Latin Cafe, about a 5 minute walk east from the hotel. This is a great spot for good grub, large portions and reasonable prices.

As for the hotel room, again, served it's purpose, but the construction and day-to-day maintenance was done very lazily. I mean, you don't need formal training to caulk the bathroom.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2015 via mobile

We enjoyed our stay. The room was small for 2 people but we had a great view. We took advantage of breakfast special for only $3 The breakfast special that the hotel offers includ eggs and cheese and coffee. Staff was nice and accommodating.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with family

Been to Ocean Spray Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!