“Adequate with great potential” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean Spray Beach Hotel

You added Ocean Spray Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Ocean Spray Beach Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4130 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Ranked #142 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
New England
“Adequate with great potential”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

The deal was good, but the place just simply did not seem clean. Tile in bathroom had a crusted layer of dust. The fragrant smell of Subway sandwich ingredients, while its a convenient place, is prominent. Location is great; 1 block from beach, a couple from Fontainbleau. Bed is comfy, AC efficient. Bed was comfy. Bathroom fan is LOUD! Lighting is dim (good luck shaving). People were alternatively nice or disinterested. They certainly were kind to extend my stay a couple hours. It's on the Historic Register, but could use some TLC to bring it up to its potential.

Stayed January 2015, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Tel aviv
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I arrived there alone very late at night and felt safe and at home. I Spent 2 nights in total.
Small hotel, nice big rooms with a nice view to the main street (corner view)
I didn't fine the "Subway" brunch inviting enough for breakfast but had a sandwich for lunch which was fine.
The stuff was friendly.
You can ask for a safe which is located at the reception. Better than nothing..
Location is good and many taxis's going by. Apparently there is a cheap shuttle bus to the outlet which I would have used if had the time. To Lincoln road taxi cost 8-10$ one way. You can also walk around 3 km if you are up to it.
It was the best deal I found in Miami beach for this period and I found it good for my needs.

Room Tip: Few of the rooms face a construction area. Try to avoid it.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled solo
Miami Beach, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This hotel is well positioned next to miami beach.
Nevertheless,
Nothing is available around at less than 30 min walk to eat or go out.
For breakfast, there is a subway restaurant in the lobby which smells very strongly the fries struffs.
WIFI doesn't work at all and no solution is proposed to replace it.
Elevator is quite old and very slow.

The worst experience I ever had in a hotel !

Room Tip: Do not choose this hotel.
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2014

My experience is in fact quite good with this hotel. The room is spacious. I checked in late at night on Dec 20 but the lady at the front desk is very helpful and informative. There is subway smell but it does not bother me. Most part of the room is clean. The location is also good. Very convenient to get to MIA airport by taking bus 150.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2014

Over all the hotel is not too bad for the amount of money we paid. We had a "queen suite" which was pretty small and the sheets along with the carpeting had random odd stains. The room, to include the bathroom, was a bit outdated and definitely due for renovations. Apparently there is no heat in the building and it has been that way for months. This was an inconvenience due to the cold nights in Miami during December (the hallways were always freezing). I doubt I will ever stay at this hotel again, though it was priced better than most hotels in that area (4100 block on Collins), it sure wasn't worth the discomfort.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2014

I have not stayed at this hotel, but I am having the worst experience dealing with them. I booked the hotel two months ago for a vacation I took one month ago. I cancelled the hotel shortly after I booked it (all done through a third party booking website), as I found something better. I was not supposed to be charged by the hotel (this was shown on the third party booking website), but they in fact charged me. When I cancelled they did not refund my money. They still have not refunded my money and it has been two months. I have contacted the third party booking website and they have reached out to the hotel six times and a manager is always unavailable. I would not expect much from this hotel if you plan on staying there as they are incredibly shady and not hospitable at all. They are out to get your money and that is it.

I wanted to write this review to make people aware, so that they don't have to be in my situation, being out a lot of money.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Mineola, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2014

Just returned from a 4 day trip to Miami Beach for my birthday. I was not looking to spend a lot of money because I didn't plan on spending a lot of time in the room. Yes, when you enter the hotel, it smells like Subway. The elevator smells like Subway all the time as well as the lobby. The staff was pleasant and it looked decent for the price we paid. The first night was ok, however, it was cold in the room and freezing in the hallway. It was quite unbearable. The front desk said the heat had not been working in the building for a while. It was only an issue because it was not hot in Miami.

The issue I have is when I woke up after the first night and found a small bug in the bed. Np. I picked it up with a tissue and threw it out. Until I found 3 more bugs in the bed. These were bed bugs. I left them all there and had someone from the front desk come and see. They gave us a new room with no issues. My husband asked to have the first night refunded for all of our troubles and they offered us some free sandwiches from Subway, which was not enough. We went back down and after speaking with the manager for a while and threatening to leave, they finally agreed to refund us the first night.

Besides the bed bugs that we found, there were definitely weird stains on the bed sheets and carpet. Bathroom was outdated and there is actually a new building being constructed right next door with lots of noise. This hotel was absolutely not worth the money we spent. There is no way I will ever go back. We actually had to run the hot water in the shower for a while with the bathroom door open just to heat up the room a bit.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Ocean Spray Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!