“A nice stay at a reasonable price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean Spray Beach Hotel

You added Ocean Spray Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Ocean Spray Beach Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4130 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Special Offer
Up to 20% In January
Ranked #144 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
Boston, Massachusetts
“A nice stay at a reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

My experience is in fact quite good with this hotel. The room is spacious. I checked in late at night on Dec 20 but the lady at the front desk is very helpful and informative. There is subway smell but it does not bother me. Most part of the room is clean. The location is also good. Very convenient to get to MIA airport by taking bus 150.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Over all the hotel is not too bad for the amount of money we paid. We had a "queen suite" which was pretty small and the sheets along with the carpeting had random odd stains. The room, to include the bathroom, was a bit outdated and definitely due for renovations. Apparently there is no heat in the building and it has been that way for months. This was an inconvenience due to the cold nights in Miami during December (the hallways were always freezing). I doubt I will ever stay at this hotel again, though it was priced better than most hotels in that area (4100 block on Collins), it sure wasn't worth the discomfort.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Toronto, Canada
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have not stayed at this hotel, but I am having the worst experience dealing with them. I booked the hotel two months ago for a vacation I took one month ago. I cancelled the hotel shortly after I booked it (all done through a third party booking website), as I found something better. I was not supposed to be charged by the hotel (this was shown on the third party booking website), but they in fact charged me. When I cancelled they did not refund my money. They still have not refunded my money and it has been two months. I have contacted the third party booking website and they have reached out to the hotel six times and a manager is always unavailable. I would not expect much from this hotel if you plan on staying there as they are incredibly shady and not hospitable at all. They are out to get your money and that is it.

I wanted to write this review to make people aware, so that they don't have to be in my situation, being out a lot of money.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Mineola, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Just returned from a 4 day trip to Miami Beach for my birthday. I was not looking to spend a lot of money because I didn't plan on spending a lot of time in the room. Yes, when you enter the hotel, it smells like Subway. The elevator smells like Subway all the time as well as the lobby. The staff was pleasant and it looked decent for the price we paid. The first night was ok, however, it was cold in the room and freezing in the hallway. It was quite unbearable. The front desk said the heat had not been working in the building for a while. It was only an issue because it was not hot in Miami.

The issue I have is when I woke up after the first night and found a small bug in the bed. Np. I picked it up with a tissue and threw it out. Until I found 3 more bugs in the bed. These were bed bugs. I left them all there and had someone from the front desk come and see. They gave us a new room with no issues. My husband asked to have the first night refunded for all of our troubles and they offered us some free sandwiches from Subway, which was not enough. We went back down and after speaking with the manager for a while and threatening to leave, they finally agreed to refund us the first night.

Besides the bed bugs that we found, there were definitely weird stains on the bed sheets and carpet. Bathroom was outdated and there is actually a new building being constructed right next door with lots of noise. This hotel was absolutely not worth the money we spent. There is no way I will ever go back. We actually had to run the hot water in the shower for a while with the bathroom door open just to heat up the room a bit.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Uhldingen Muhlhofen, Germany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

The receptionist Sharon was very helpful and professional. The Ocean Spray is about 3 km away from the main south beach locations. There is a safe car park near by at reasonable cost. The hotel rooms are a bit outdated and could benefit from a redecoration. But for the price it was good.

Stayed December 2014, traveled with friends
Oslo, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Good location if you're going to the beach, very reasonably priced, very nice staff. They also have a Subway in the lobby, which is good for breakfast and snacks.

First, the hallways are freezing. They were so cold it was unpleasant to be in. Very bad for the environment as AC eats a LOT of energy.

The cleanliness of the hotel was very poor. Sand in the carpets in our room all week, old mascara on the "fresh" towels and found an old watch under the bed (from a previous guest).

Also, weather had knocked out the internet in the hotel before we arrived. After 4-5 nights it was up and running again. I would expect it repaired the next day, but no. They also charge ridiculously high amounts for internet pr. day. And the coverage in the hotel and the speed is poor.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
Sioux City, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2014

This was our post-cruise hotel, we stayed for 3 nights. We checked in on Halloween and out on November 3rd. Because we had to leave our ship at 10AM and could not check in until 1PM, we dropped off our luggage and went to explore south beach. The location of this hotel is great and the price was very reasonable. It's one block off the beach and there is lots of shopping to be done if you want to rent a cab or walk to it. I will say that we opted to walk along the boardwalk the 25ish blocks down to where one of our tours was and it was very quick and not crowded at all, plus we didn't have to deal with crossing the streets/watching for traffic. We stayed in room 406, and it was fine. The air conditioning in this place works and it works well! The hallways were always cold. The doors will slam quite loudly so if you are leaving early in the morning or getting back late at night be mindful of others around you. The elevator is very slow, I have to agree with others reviews and the staff at the hotel freely admits it. I did notice the certification of the elevator being inspected had expired on 9/30/2013, more than a year ago. Maybe a visit from an inspector would fix the problem with it? We did not have housekeeping clean our room any of the days we stayed because we were hardly ever in our room except to sleep. You are in the heart of South Beach after all! We did notice they were still cleaning some rooms as late as 5PM on our floor when we would come back to change for dinner. The downsides to this hotel is that the wifi is a $10 charge. But for how cheaply we were able to stay here I guess we could live with that, we just did not use our tablets while we were in our room. Oh and one more thing, we loved to sit out on the front patio of the hotel and just people watch if we didn't have anything planned.

Room Tip: There are only 10 rooms on each floor it appears. We stayed in room 406, which meant we only had som...