“Art Deco hotel.... well, kinda” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean Spray Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added Ocean Spray Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Ocean Spray Beach Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4130 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Ranked #143 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Mons, Belgium
“Art Deco hotel.... well, kinda”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is one of those art deco style hotels in Miami Beach but only the facade is art deco. As a matter of fact, the inside shows no traces of the period yet there is a Subway sandwich shop in the lobby! Yes, pretty odd.

The hotel wasn't cheap but try to find any cheap hotel in Miami Beach! Also the parking is difficult though there is a multi story parking lot down the road but you best get there early otherwise you won't find a place.

The room was OK. The place, I was told, was recently renovated but not sure if our room had been done already although looking at the bathroom, I doubt it. The room also had a coffee pot. Free coffee is usually good coffee but in this case you're better off not wasting your time!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Zorgvlied, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We got a nice a room at the 7nd floor with a view on the ocean. The beach is walking distance an the hotel as a good beach towel service. Staff is friendly and proud on the hotel as it is being renovated. Renovation activities did not influence our stay. The airconditioner was quiet, cleanliness of the rooms was OK.

Lincoln street and the Art-Deco section are within $10 cab fare. Enough dinner places for breakfast etc. close.

Room Tip: Ocean has no parking facility, we parked at a public garage 2 block out and this worked well for $8...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Cancun, Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

So, based on some reviews I read here, I thought it was going to a bad experience, but I was so wrong. I spent 7 nights here and loved every minute of my stay. I received a very warm welcome and the check in process was quick and easy. The air conditioning was always working perfectly, the rooms were kept clean, the bad was so comfortable. Location fabulous, just 2 minutes waking to the beach. I like the area everything was so close. You can take a bus or taxi and just 10 minutes and you are on famous street Lincoln Road. It's was a very good shopping area. Very good price of this hotel and service. Overall I would recommend this place to any friends or family visiting.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

We elected to stay a little bit out of south beach due to the price of hotels - the ocean spray was less than half the price of similar standard in south beach. The location was fine, cabs into south beach cheap plus there's easy public buses - it also made us venture a bit further. There's also the amazing fontain blau hotel down the road if you want a fancy cocktail or fine dining. The down side was getting some front desk staff to understand our aussie English and the rooms on the top floor were quite noisy at night due to the massive air conditioning units on the roof. I never sleep with ear plugs but had to locate a pair to sleep past 5am. Overall its a clean, friendly crash pad if you're planning on spending most of your time exploring.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Khabarovsk Krai, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2014

I enjoy my vacation in this hotel. I am so glad that I found it good quality, good price and excellent service. I was read bad review about this hotel, but it's just words. When I arrived stuff in front desk was so polite and so nice to me, when I have a problems they always help me. My room was so clean, bad was so comfortable, and I have everything what I need. It's great location just two minutes and you can enjoy the beach and the ocean. Everything is close to this place. When I come to Miami I will stay in this amazing plays. I will recommend you to enjoy you vacation here In Ocean Spray. Thank you so much for the best vacation for me!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

Don't book!Where do I start! Sheets dirty, floor not vacuum, vents and light fixtures full of dusty.They showed me 3 other rooms with the same issuse. They offer to clean the room. Really! That should have been done before I got there! STAFF NOT HELPFUL!

• Stayed July 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

It's 2 miles away from the ocean drive, a public beach access is a cross the street. I chose it because it was one of the cheapest hotels around and it was quite clean. The furniture was functional, but old. The rooms are equipped with a microwave and a fridge.It was okay for a single night!

Stayed July 2014

Been to Ocean Spray Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!