“Clean and tidy crashpad” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean Spray Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added Ocean Spray Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Ocean Spray Beach Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4130 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Ranked #147 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
australia
“Clean and tidy crashpad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We elected to stay a little bit out of south beach due to the price of hotels - the ocean spray was less than half the price of similar standard in south beach. The location was fine, cabs into south beach cheap plus there's easy public buses - it also made us venture a bit further. There's also the amazing fontain blau hotel down the road if you want a fancy cocktail or fine dining. The down side was getting some front desk staff to understand our aussie English and the rooms on the top floor were quite noisy at night due to the massive air conditioning units on the roof. I never sleep with ear plugs but had to locate a pair to sleep past 5am. Overall its a clean, friendly crash pad if you're planning on spending most of your time exploring.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

228 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Khabarovsk Krai, Russia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I enjoy my vacation in this hotel. I am so glad that I found it good quality, good price and excellent service. I was read bad review about this hotel, but it's just words. When I arrived stuff in front desk was so polite and so nice to me, when I have a problems they always help me. My room was so clean, bad was so comfortable, and I have everything what I need. It's great location just two minutes and you can enjoy the beach and the ocean. Everything is close to this place. When I come to Miami I will stay in this amazing plays. I will recommend you to enjoy you vacation here In Ocean Spray. Thank you so much for the best vacation for me!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Don't book!Where do I start! Sheets dirty, floor not vacuum, vents and light fixtures full of dusty.They showed me 3 other rooms with the same issuse. They offer to clean the room. Really! That should have been done before I got there! STAFF NOT HELPFUL!

• Stayed July 2014
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

It's 2 miles away from the ocean drive, a public beach access is a cross the street. I chose it because it was one of the cheapest hotels around and it was quite clean. The furniture was functional, but old. The rooms are equipped with a microwave and a fridge.It was okay for a single night!

Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Me and my family enjoyed this hotel. We had a blast. Everyone was so nice even the staff. I recommend this hotel to everyone. All I can say is that the front desk people were awesome especially Rosa. She stayed busy doing everything and she made sure that my visit was great. Also this hotel was an excellent experience compared to some of the other hotels with rude staff. I'm ready to visit again. I hated to leave. Thanks so much.

• Stayed June 2014
Orlando
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

We called hotels.com while we were headed down to Miami I have used them before but the last 2 hotels I was recommended by them were really gross. We didn't want to pay more than $150.00 they suggested Ocean Spray Hotel on Collins Ave $135.00 a night. I thought that would be great because I am familiar with Collins Ave, we finally get there and out front is construction we didnt know where to pull in to get to the hotel, so we went around the block again pulled around the construction zone pulled over and my husband jumped out ran into the hotel to see what to do. He pops his head out the door and said the guy behind the desk was a real jerk. There was no parking or valet so I waited in the car while he checked in. The desk clerk said we could leave the car there while we get our luggage out, as we entered into the I felt like I stepped back into the 60's and not in a good way. Went to the second floor found our room and the door wouldn't open so my husband had to go back downstairs and have the very unfriendly man actually have to show us how to open the door because it gets stuck. When we entered I could feel the spirits of "the Rat Pack" it was that old. I could see the people in the next building from the window and mean time we needed to get back down to the car to find a place to park which is near impossible we found public parking for $25.00 two blocks away by then we were happy to find that. All and all it was a horrible experience

Room Tip: Not sure there is a good room in this place
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Not exactly in south beach,about a 45 minute walk to the happening areas for the adventurous walkers, but at least the beach was closeby. Appreciated the subway restaurant on the ground floor, reasonable prices considering the area. And the biggest plus is no extra resort fee which a vast majority force on you in SoBe for an unwanted cheap no-name liquor brand cocktail un-happy hour. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

Been to Ocean Spray Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!