“Safe and comfortable” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Ocean Spray Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added Ocean Spray Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Ocean Spray Beach Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4130 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33140 (Oceanfront)   |
Ranked #142 of 200 Hotels in Miami Beach
Dallas, Texas
“Safe and comfortable”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

Besides the urine smell behind the toilet, it was perfect. Says my spouse. As for me (the wife):
The good: clean, up-to-date furnishings, friendly employees (some do not speak English),easy to find, across the street from the beach, refrigerator is in the room but a few restaurants deliver (the menues appear under your door)' Subway is in their lobby.
The bad: it is an older building, so the elevators are small ans sloooooowwwwww. We pre-paid for the room but had to use our card for $100 for possible charges that you may incur (you get it back when you check out minus any additional fees incurred), cable is free in the lobby but costs $10 per day in the rooms, no pool.
The ugly: No parking (if you require parking, you can pay $25 per day to park across the street in a different jotel's parking lot).
My spouse would like to add that he had a confrontation with the regional manager, he acted like it was degrading to ask him a question about Subway.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

The staff was nice. The bed looked sleepable. Rundown hotel. They charge for evrything. You may as well pay for a nicer hotel and not deal with nickle and dimen. Walls are thin didn't rest at all. Called for help and the noise finally stopped about 5:30 am for 2 nights of 3 we stayed there.14 HR drive on very little sleep. That's when the staff couldn't understand English when I asked for a refund.$10forwifi, coffee 1.25, we went out foreverything.

• Stayed August 2012
Sanford, NC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2012

This Hotel looks nice from the pictures however my experience proved to less than great!! It is old and run down, parking is horrible and very hard to get in and out of. The first night we discovered that our refrigerator did not work and they would not bring us another one until the next day, they left us one wash cloth for 5 people and when I requested more pillows we got one and it was dirty. The last day the air condition barely worked it was cooler outside than it was in our room. Also, if you book through a travel site be prepared to pay a $100 deposit which ended up being a $120 deposit for me and the funds were not released as promised by the hotel and I have had to call my credit card company and the hotel to get them to fax a letter to get the funds released otherwise it would have taken a month to get the funds returned to my card. I completely refuse to stay here ever again!!

Room Tip: Do NOT Book with this hotel...aka DUMP!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012 via mobile

Clean room, good ac, friendly and helpsom staff. Wi-fi free in the lobby (Didn't work thougj).. 11,30 usd pr day if you want to use wi-fi it in your rom.. not many shops around.. close to the beach.. subway on the hotel, though no bar or restaurant..

• Stayed July 2012
Bangalore, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Nice Hotel, No frills, clean room, has a subway sandwich counter, free internet at the lobby. overall a decent experience

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Jupiter, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

We knew we were staying in a 2-3 star hotel, so we were not expecting much, when we check in. But at least we were expecting a clean bed>
When we were ready to go to bed, we found an used tissue and some kind of crumbs!! The bed was made that way.
My husband went to the lobby to report this issue and they told him there was no housekeeping at that time (9pm) They sent some guy with clean sheets.
The next morning my husband went to the lobby to complain about this to at least get an apology and the receptionist told him he was lying!!! That she asked the housekeeper and she said she did clean the room!!! (no duuh!!, what is she going to say???) and that we did not let the man come in when he broght the clean sheets!!! ( We are in our pj's ready for bed then this guy comes to the room and expected us to let him in???......any way there was not even an apology...........very bad experince!! Beware!!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012 via mobile

Do not make the mistake of believing the pictures like I did! This hotel is cheap for a reason!
Rooms are dirty....wore my scandals as slippers when I got out of bed.
Toliet didn't flush properly and sink leaked on the floor.
Air conditioning very loud...like a motor running all night.
Could hear traffic and people clear as day in the hallways.
Elevator...almost afraid to use it!
No parking! I had to set my alarm on vacation to get up at 7:30 a.m. to feed the meter!!

I could go on ad on! I am so happy we oly stayed one night!! DO NOT STAY HERE!!

• Stayed March 2012

Been to Ocean Spray Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!