“Cannot wait to go back!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Crescent Resort On South Beach

Save Saved
You added Crescent Resort On South Beach to your Saves list
Crescent Resort On South Beach
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   1420 Ocean Dr, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Atlanta, Georgia
“Cannot wait to go back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

My husband and I went to Miami Beach for a 2 night getaway. I have to say that it was quite a nice surprise. The outside of the hotel is a bit deceiving and needs a makeover but the inside is a real treat. the decor really definitely art deco and made me smile. Check-in was so pleasant. Jennifer was truly a delight, she was so helpful and knowledgeable about the area. Jim the manager is so funny. The rooms Were Very clean. Best stay ever!

• Stayed July 2014

418 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Florida City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The stay at Crescent Resort On South Beach was great, the front desk night manager Jose is courteous,pleasant and always accommodating. Also Jim, the general manager, who always runs this place professionally.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Diamond R, Manager at Crescent Resort On South Beach, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Thank you so much for taking the time to post such kind remarks! Our team members will be thrilled to hear you appreciated their diligent efforts and positive attitudes. We hope to welcome you back real soon here at Crescent Resort on South Beach for another relaxing getaway!
DeSoto, Texas, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Nice spot right across the street from the beach. Full kitchen was a plus. We walked to a little market on Washington bought breakfast food and snacks. That helped save money instead of eating out for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Would stay again.

Stayed July 2014
Germantown, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Where do I begin. Check in: Only one person at the front desk. It literally took me 30-40 mins to check in on a Saturday morning really! I would think it's busy on Friday. The guy was very nice and apologetic but still a very big inconvenience. Resort fee $12.99 per day for no pool and very old and small work out center. There's plenty of hotels on ocean dr that offer more amenities then that. $32 per day for valet parking! Roof top deck is a joke. Rooms: very old!!!! They need to gut this whole hotel and do a complete renovation. Living room carpet looks like they never clean it. It was absolutely disgusting! I didn't want my shoes touching it let alone my feet. Kitchen appliances very old and barely working. Bathroom is falling apart. Water pressure goes up and down while showering. Its just too much to list. 12am the smoke detectors just started going off for no reason. Which really annoyed me because it woke my husband and I up. I know stuff happens but that should've happened. Come to find out the batteries were dead. Really! Aren't you supposed to do routine maintenance on those things. Smdh! The bed was ok but really soft. There were cracks in the tile floor. I move the trash can in the bathroom and I saw a roach trap stuck to the wall. WHAT!! Does this hotel have roaches?! The armoire still had somebody's clothes in it like housekeeping never even bothered to check for left over item when someone checks out. That brings me to housekeeping: THEY SUCK!! Sunday, they didn't vacuum, do dishes, sweep or even wipe down counters. They only made the bed, put towels on the bed not even in the bathroom and took my tip I left on the counter. Monday, they only put the dishes in the dishwasher. They didn't even make the bed. We left at 4am to travel to Tampa and returned around 5pm to our room looking like that. I could go on and on but I'll stop here. Bottom line, DON'T STAY HERE! Oh forgot to say the location is wonderful. Away from the noise on ocean drive out close for you to walk anywhere. That's the only reason why I stayed. Next time I visit Miami I will find a better hotel. It's sad because this hotel has the potential to be the best on ocean dr. NEED A LOT OF WORK!!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
diamondresorts, Manager at Crescent Resort On South Beach, responded to this review, June 22, 2014
As one of the newest resorts added to the Diamond Resorts International® portfolio, we will have a very robust renovation underway to address every unit here and we hope that you would be willing to give us another chance to make a better impression on you in the future. We apologize that your experience with our front desk teams did not reflect our commitment to guest service. We are confident that our staff will work diligently to improve our guest’s experiences based on your feedback. We truly appreciate your business and hope to see you on a visit in the future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

We got in on Saturday afternoon. Ocean Dr. was so crazy at this time just a huge party scene. I've been to miami before and ocean dr. on a weekend but I didn't remember it to be like this!
We were very skeptical staying here as we had read some bad reviews and we had even thought about changing our hotel multiple times before arriving. When we drove up to the front it seems really run down from first glance. There was some bum in the hotel lobby trying to get a room but the front desk quickly and politely told her there were no rooms available and she left (this made us even more skeptical of the place.) We finally got up to our room and we were beyond surprised. The room was very clean, nice, had a king size bed and a pull out couch. It was like a 1 bedroom 1 bath. The kitchen had everything you could ask for...plates, cups, forks, spoons, knives, pots, pans, coffee pot (they provide you with coffee-- really really good and strong coffee and creamer and filters) oven, fridge. Seriously there was everything you could think of. It was perfect for us. I honestly don't know why the bad reviews. When we called down to the front to ask for towels, coffee, etc they brought it up immediately.

The hallways aren't glamorous, they don't have a pool, and they don't have room service. But if you don't want those things then you should be fine staying here. We were really happy with it.

Now I only gave it 4 stars and not 5 and here is why:
1. Every morning around 7, 8, 9am there was a dumpster right outside our room that they would empty. I really don't understand why they do this so early. There are 2 hotels by this dumpster and that is super early for us staying in miami and being out late every night. 12pm is probably a better time for this!

2. The view: terrible. There is no view. The view is of the next hotel next door and the dumpster. I wish it was a better view.

3. There is a creepy back door that goes down a staircase and into an alley. We went down here the first day thinking it would be ok but it is really creepy. Don't go down here. Be safe and go down the main entrance.

4. the gym sucks. I workout everyday when Im at home and usually on vacation, but this gym was pretty terrible we didn't even go.

5. One morning (11am) one of the hotel staff came into our room without knocking or anything. We didn't have the bolt on so he was able to just come in (turn the bolt to lock the door- we learned our lesson once) but when he heard that someone was in the room he quickly closed the door. He said he was with the fireman and they wanted to check the fire extinguisher. This would have been fine if the front desk had given us a warning! We didn't let them in until we called the front desk- how do you know that's really what they want and not just some random person?! This really made me mad.

I know I listed a few things here, but it really was a nice clean hotel. I think we mostly liked it because of the kitchenette with all the supplies. It was really handy and useful. I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

Spent a week at the Crescent in May with 2 friends. We had a 1 bedroom suite. The room had all the amenities we needed. The fridge and microwave were great to have.
The staff were very friendly and helpful. Checkin, checkout, room cleaning and other requests were all handled efficiently and nicely. The hotel was clean and the bed was comfortable.
The hotel is on Ocean Drive (art deco buildings) and across the street from the beach. You couldn't ask for a better location. Our room faced the ocean, what a view! There is a nice little terrace at the front of the building. Great for reading or people watching.
A set of ear plugs helped deal with the street noise early in the morning.
We had a great time and will definitely go back!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Evansville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2014

I have a feeling all current reviews will be irrelevant about this property six months from now. I say this because we arrived for a week long stay at the Crescent on the same day as the new GM, Sarah. We believe she is more than capable of handling the task at hand. The front desk help was already very eager to please, but you could tell they were somewhat limited in what they could offer. Enter Jim from the corporate offices in Orlando and Sarah. They went out of their way to make my wife, our daughter and a friend feel like the most important guests in the entire hotel. Seven days later we were beginning to see the Crescent blossom and have no doubt anyone who goes there in the future will have a more than adequate stay in one of Ocean Drive's most historic hotels. Do they still have issues like the ice makers don't work properly in the rooms? Yes. Are there somewhat limited facilities like no restaurant or a gift shop, absolutely. But South Beach is loaded with restaurants and places to pick up some essentials. Give this place time. I'm telling you it is a diamond in the rough. So thank you Jim, Sarah, Jacques, Sagine, Ashley and especially our lovely cleaning crew of Marie and Maria for making us truly feel special. It was an absolutely wonderful vacation. And after all, isn't that what a resort is suppose to do?

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Crescent Resort On South Beach? Share your experiences!