We got in on Saturday afternoon. Ocean Dr. was so crazy at this time just a huge party scene. I've been to miami before and ocean dr. on a weekend but I didn't remember it to be like this!
We were very skeptical staying here as we had read some bad reviews and we had even thought about changing our hotel multiple times before arriving. When we drove up to the front it seems really run down from first glance. There was some bum in the hotel lobby trying to get a room but the front desk quickly and politely told her there were no rooms available and she left (this made us even more skeptical of the place.) We finally got up to our room and we were beyond surprised. The room was very clean, nice, had a king size bed and a pull out couch. It was like a 1 bedroom 1 bath. The kitchen had everything you could ask for...plates, cups, forks, spoons, knives, pots, pans, coffee pot (they provide you with coffee-- really really good and strong coffee and creamer and filters) oven, fridge. Seriously there was everything you could think of. It was perfect for us. I honestly don't know why the bad reviews. When we called down to the front to ask for towels, coffee, etc they brought it up immediately.
The hallways aren't glamorous, they don't have a pool, and they don't have room service. But if you don't want those things then you should be fine staying here. We were really happy with it.
Now I only gave it 4 stars and not 5 and here is why:
1. Every morning around 7, 8, 9am there was a dumpster right outside our room that they would empty. I really don't understand why they do this so early. There are 2 hotels by this dumpster and that is super early for us staying in miami and being out late every night. 12pm is probably a better time for this!
2. The view: terrible. There is no view. The view is of the next hotel next door and the dumpster. I wish it was a better view.
3. There is a creepy back door that goes down a staircase and into an alley. We went down here the first day thinking it would be ok but it is really creepy. Don't go down here. Be safe and go down the main entrance.
4. the gym sucks. I workout everyday when Im at home and usually on vacation, but this gym was pretty terrible we didn't even go.
5. One morning (11am) one of the hotel staff came into our room without knocking or anything. We didn't have the bolt on so he was able to just come in (turn the bolt to lock the door- we learned our lesson once) but when he heard that someone was in the room he quickly closed the door. He said he was with the fireman and they wanted to check the fire extinguisher. This would have been fine if the front desk had given us a warning! We didn't let them in until we called the front desk- how do you know that's really what they want and not just some random person?! This really made me mad.
I know I listed a few things here, but it really was a nice clean hotel. I think we mostly liked it because of the kitchenette with all the supplies. It was really handy and useful. I would stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enter a world of glamour and elegance where you are pampered and attended. Experience the true spirit of South Beach immersed in total Art Deco style and ambiance. Indulge in the convenience of being perfectly situated on Ocean Drive, with the beach, shops, eateries and clubs only moments away. The completely restored Crescent Resort On South Beach features beautiful one and two bedroom/two bath suites. Fully furnished living area, kitchen and master bath with king bed and whirlpool spa tubs. Savor the Crescent difference. Transport yourself to the era of classic style when you lounge in our lobby or on our front porch. Absorb the SoBe atmosphere with the sights and the sounds of the city and the ocean. By day or night, explore the offerings of Ocean Drive, Lincoln Road and Collins Avenue. Live a true South Beach adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, TravelClick, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Despegar.com, Otel, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Crescent Resort On South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crescent Resort On South Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Crescent Resort South Beach