“Fantastic front desk employee and place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crescent Resort On South Beach

Save Saved
You added Crescent Resort On South Beach to your Saves list
Crescent Resort On South Beach
3.0 of 5 Condominium   |   1420 Ocean Dr, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Sevierville, Tennessee
“Fantastic front desk employee and place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

My sister and I checked in yesterday and we were greeted with a smile and professionalism from Jacques at the front desk. Every question he was able to answer with a positive and helpful attitude! The hotel is wonderful, keeping with the Art Deco Atmosphere it's very comfortable and quiet. The beautiful ocean is just across the street!, with a full moon over the ocean. I was last here in 2001 for vacation and managed hotels down the street in the 80's. The Crescent sits in a perfect spot, close to restaurants and shops but a few blocks down from the crazyness of South Beach especially at night-all within easy walking distance, infact we did not even rent a car we walked, took the buses, cabs and several really fantastic rides from Brian with The Free Bee -an open air mini car -what fun! that's the way to see South Beach!
Great place to stay anytime, beautiful area-great food and good people. It's not the beauty of the bldg that makes your stay great it's the people!! We will be back Nadine X

Room Tip: The higher up you may have an oceanview -only 4 ocean front
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

418 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
long island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

Did I say that you cannot beat the location? You have the beach right out the front door of the hotel and you are on "The Strip". Night Clubs, Restaurants a true adult playground. The rooms are nice and spacious but the gym is small. Definitely do not rent a car as parking is impossible. Take cabs, though everything you need is within walking distance.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Centurion, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

The hotel and rooms are really nice. THe location excellent.

Then you have the issue of service. The staff were rude. That receptionist that was on duty the day we left sat on her chair, and didnt say anything about the luggage trolley that stood behind the curtain next to her when she saw I was struggling with all the luggage. Then when I saw it, she didnt tell me there was a ramp next to the hotel to take it down to the car. She just left me pushing it to the steps in the front of the building.

The off course, becarefull of what is mentioned in rates. On our boking papper it says $25 for parking and also in the rooms against the door it says $25, but when you get there they say it is $30.

We also had problems with housekeeping, and I saw cleaner places in before in my life.

Would be a wonderfull hotel if it wasnt for the service issues.

Room Tip: Ocean front rooms are very nice
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Miramar, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

My friends and I stayed at the Crescent Resort for 10 days at the end of the month of June... Our experience was amazing! Everyone was so great and helpful! An the front desk agent that helped us was AMAZING... her name was Jennifer O..(cant remember her last name... but it doesn't matter she is the only Jennifer there,... ASK FOR HER !!!) If you ever stay at the Crescent this is your go-to person, very knowledgeable, very helpful. She knows the area, knows the hotel, was extremely kind and welcoming. I am a very picky person when it comes to customer service and I always demand the best and Jennifer exceeded my expectations !!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Salem, Oregon
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

Be sure to call ahead to use the Living Social Voucher at this resort to make sure they are expecting you. Despite having a room reserved the hotel staff had not received payment from Living Social (even though the money was taken out of my account over a month ago). The hotel staff did little to resolve the situation and made it seem like it was a mistake on our part. Housekeeping forgot to clean our room one day and it took us two conversations with hotel staff before clean towels were brought to the room. We also saw a cockroach in our bathroom! Ewww! On a positive note, the location is great!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

First off this being my first time in Miami I was very excited n this hotel is located in a great area n it has a 70's theme to it which I liked alot but as I was coming into the hotel assuming that there was not a step there because I just climbed three small steps and there is no sign warning you of this step I tripped and fractured my ankle so my vacation is ruined. The hotel staff didn't even bother coming from around her desk to see if I was ok. I am seriously considering contacting a lawyer before I leave.

• Stayed September 2012
Florida City, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Another amazing stay at the Crescent resort, the front desk was great, housekeeping was also great, but we all love Jim who runs this ship with a fine tune, he is always amazing, wonderful, and kind. Thanks again for a wonderful stay.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Crescent Resort On South Beach? Share your experiences!