“Great Hostel” 5 of 5 stars

Bikini Hostel, Cafe & Beer Garden
3.0 of 5 Hostel   |   1255 West Avenue, South Beach, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
“Great Hostel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

After staying in various other hostels on south beach this was spot on. the bedrooms are just basic bedrooms at relatively clean. Very sociable hostel with there always being people in the beer garden to chat to and make friends with. Prices aren't great for the bar but they don't mind you taking your out booze. Not to far out the way from main areas.

Stayed March 2015

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great customer service! Clean rooms! and Lively ambiance!!......................................................................................................................................................

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I love the staff here, the decor, and the vibe! Its the best value for the money in south beach and easy to grab local tranportation to everything. Oh, and the ladies that work here are beautiful!!

So enjoy the drinks, the food and the smiles, you'll wana stay here on every trip!

ask about their promotions!!!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

In South Beach you find Bikini Hostel. They offer several room standards (after price class), You can for example live in the cheapest option(a 9 bedroom) or take a double room and etc.
The Hostel have a Bar located in their own Beergarden, their you also can hangout with your roommates, play pingpong, bath in the jacuzzi or take a swim in the pool . They have free Wifi in the common areas.
The Hostel offers breakfast, consisting of tea, coffee and cereals, so I recommendation is that you buy your own breakfast. But they compensate the "poor breakfast" with offering free pizza and bbq night once a week.
It takes about 15-20 min to walk to the beach and the shopping spree. The staff is friendly, helpful and service minded. I will definitely come back here again.

Room Tip: Affordable, service minded staff , friendly atmosphere
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Staff are so rude and unhelpful. Wifi is really poor and bathrooms are not clean. Long walk from the beach. The only reason they have good reviews is they offer money behind the bar if you leave a review

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This hostel is the worst place I've ever stayed at! It was my second and last hostel experience! Let me tell you from the beginning:

1. They charged the whole cost of the trip 3 days before my arrival, though they say they may charge only the first night. Luckily I had only two days to stay and because my flight was at 6 am, I'd decided to spend some of the night in the car and I'm so glad that I did it that way!

2. Sleeping is IMPOSSIBLE. The hostel is full of disrespectful, partying youth even at 3-4 AM. One night I had to get out of my room and shout at them but they wouldn't listen! They're drinking, talking loudly ALL THE TIME! And walls are so thin that you can hear everything happening outside.

3. One roommate was very rude, she always kept her phone on loud tone, and she was texting all night. When you warned her, all she said was: "Sorry" in a phony voice. I think she represents a typical Bikini Hostel customer!

4. The rooms are nothing like you see here, they're so bad and dirty that I even couldn't take a shower, I needed to go to the showers at the beach! Imagine that! There were bugs on the walls and everything was so dirty and beds were too uncomfortable to sleep in!

5. Managers ignore the noise. I was at the reception when somebody complained about the party noise outside, the manager said: "Well I don't hear anything, I cannot do anything". And they give earplugs at the reception, but I shouldn't be the one to wear earplugs, those loud guys have to be silent!

6. When I was there, I read comments about this place. Before I booked it, I read the reviews in random and they were all positive that's why I chose. I've been to many countries in the world and reviews never went wrong for me. But this time, I read the negative reviews and found out that Bikini Hostel paid money to the ones who wrote positive reviews - very likely!

7. I also read that they charged some people $25 though they checked out before 11 am and I told them about this when I was checking out.

8. Last but not least, if you wanna sleep, stay away! I would have spent all three days in my car if I had known these about this hostel (I'm not kidding, your car is like 5-star hotel compared to this awful place with bad mannered managers and hostellers).

9. Strict cancellation policies (like I said theh charged the whole stay 3 days before I went) obliged me to stay here. So dont ever, ever book here!

This is the longest review I've ever written for a hostel and my first time writing a hotel review on Tripadvisor (on another platform I write my reviews about most hotels I stay in), because I want everybody to know this trap! If you wanna get some sleep, don't come here! Or if you love disturbing sleeping people at 3 AM by being loud and drinking, come here; it's paradise for you!

Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I stayed in this hostel for a few and days and I have no regrets! The staff was extremely helpful with directions and activities around the area! The hostel itself was centrally located and offers something for everyone! You could enjoy their jacuzzi or pool while having a cold beer from their Cafe and Beer Garden or you could find a corner to simply relax! The rooms were also large, comfortable and clean! If your around the area make sure to make Bikini Hostel your destination! Get ready to meet new friends from different parts of the world!

Stayed March 2015, traveled solo

Been to Bikini Hostel, Cafe & Beer Garden? Share your experiences!