“Bikini Hostel” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hostel   |   1255 West Avenue, South Beach, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
San Jose, California
“Bikini Hostel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

i met so many people from all walks of life. Most of the time we are talking at the bar about our travels and time spent on our journey. i felt connected, good energy and vibrational place and individuals. The staff are cool, friendly and very helpful. I especially enjoyed my time Pool table and playing Ping Pong. fun fun fun :). I enjoyed my stay here at the bikini hostel and i would stay here the next time i am in South Beach Miami. Thank you Bikini Hostel I had a Blast! Rusty was the absolute best.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I stayed for one night in the month of Dec 2014. The hostel is on excellent location and very nice and friendly people. The garden is reallu nice and great atmosphere. The garden has also a Jaccuzi.
M.S. Siraj

• Stayed December 2014
Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I love reading reviews, I rarely write one... but the vibe and people at Bikini was too cool to not say something.

Because of some complications with my passport, I was stranded in Miami (not a horrible place to be stranded) while on my way to Costa Rica. And, I had to find an inexpensive place near the passport agency to get it all worked out. From the moment I arrived, the vibe was real chill and comfortable. The staff was absolutely amazing... real human beings, not employee drones. If you love music like I do, there is always some playing in the atmosphere. The walls and doors are adorn with words that inspire the idea of adventure, journeys and enjoy Life.
I do not drink anymore, but there is a bar, where Amin has a pretty nice collection of beers from all around the world. He also has some of the best shisha/hookah I've ever had.
While I was there, I stayed in a 9 room dorm, a 6 room dorm and a private room. The rooms cool, nothing to write home about. But it's a hostel, my expectations were not really high. Plus, it's South beach, I was hardly in the rooms. But I was impressed on the wide range of characters you meet. I enjoyed listening to all their stories.
So, if you're looking for a place with a great vibe and seems to attract some cool people, check it out. And, if you have the pleasure to run into Rusty at the front desk, tell him Russell said what's up!

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

a great place to crash and have some fun . if the beds were had more padding I would come back every time , but when your really tired any bed will work. I had the private room and I could feel the metal bars when I slept. if you are there to have fun. I am sure you wont notice as much. the people there are great and would recommend it to all my friends at the office to try. this is a place for people in their 20's and 30's . last not is every one was very friendly and willing to help you on any thing. thank you so very much and I will come back.

Room Tip: for people that want privacy , you should get a private room , if not you can share the same room wi...
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Well the staff are amazing! Very friendly and welcoming. The hostel needs a lot of maintenance work. We stayed in a private twin room, which was the smallest room we have ever seen. It had a metal bunk bed that we thought was going to fall apart every time I climbed on top (and I'm NOT a huge woman 120 lbs). Literally 8 foot ceilings, 5 foot wide and bunk bed deep. We were both sick with the flew so spent most of the time in the "closet" we called it. No room to open your suitcase and shared a bathroom with 8 people in the a joining hostel room. The check in area is very clean and updated, a lot of remolding should be done in the rooms as they look dirty and rotted inside, holes in the walls and doors. Also tea and coffee is not always free. It's walkable distance to everything, and several .25 cent buses come right across the street, . So if your NOT planning to stay in the hostel during the day its a great spot!

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

every year i take a two weeks vacation time in miami beach and i randomly stay in this hostel last year and it was great the rooms and bathrooms are very clean the staff is very friendly and helpful always smiling the internet is very fast and there are free computers they have a very cool bar and cafe area and the people working there are great so i repeat it this year and will probably be here next year so great location to enjoy if you ever end up in the area

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Made new friends,staff was friendly and informative, specially Erika and Nicole. Only ten minute walk to the beach.
Tuesday pizza nite & Thursday hamburger/hot dog nite. The Internet cafe is 24/7, and the kitchen is a great amenity.

• Stayed October 2014

Been to Bikini Hostel, Cafe & Beer Garden? Share your experiences!