“Extremely Unhappy” 1 of 5 stars

Bikini Hostel
1247 West Avenue, South Beach, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
“Extremely Unhappy”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

I never write reviews, but in this case I was ripped off and treated so unfairly that I hope to spare others the same experience.

First of all, the staff is 'overworked', very rude and incompetent. They gave me hardly any information on my arrival, messed up my booking, then overcharged me and were extremely rude when I later complained.

When I called to complain about being overcharged for my stay the first time, I was put on hold for over 10 minutes, and when I called again I got a snippy response from the lady at reception, who said she was too busy and that I should send another email. None of my 3 attempts at emailing them got a response of course, so when I called the next day I was immediately put on hold for 5 minutes. Then got told (by the exact girl who had messed up my order) that I was wrong. Only when I insisted and reminded her of the events did she slowly give in and agree to a refund. Whether I will receive this is very doubtful.

The dorm I stayed in wasn't very pleasant, quite smelly and hard to relax in since people staying in other rooms have to walk through there to get to theirs - a very odd layout. The locks of the doors are extremely noisy and will wake you up every time someone comes in or out of the room. The wifi also won't reach into the rooms so you have to hang out at reception or in the patio to use it.

In addition, I would ignore MANY of the high ratings on here since the girls at reception offer people a discount for rating them 5* on these websites. They should work on improving their hostel instead of bribing people to give them high ratings.

Overall, I was very unhappy with my stay and would definitely NOT recommend to anyone I know.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo

147 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Brasília, Distrito Federal, Brazil
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW

Very nice hostel. The staff is very helpful, the location is good, and the atmosphere is great. I just didn't like the bedroom because the beds are old and uncomfortable, but if you just have a few nights in miami It's a good option.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Happy to stay there. Thank you very much.
I recommend to anyone.
The value, price,location and service are amazing.
I enjoy the swimming pool, free barbecue, pizza night and the reception.
Jane Jimenez

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Was not expecting such a great place at such a low price. The staff are super friendly& helpful, the rooms were VERY clean (especially our washroom), and close to everything you need.
The outdoor patio is perfect for cheap drinks/meeting new people. Would definitely recommend.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great spot great atmosphere . The outdoors area is great fun with a pool a pool table plenty of socialising and even a bar . Great area and place to meet new people . If you are looking for fun but cheap this is the place . Has everything you need . It tidy and clean yet simple . Don't expect 5 star this is a hostel after all it's about the atmosphere and bikini hostel has that . Staff are very helpful and enthusiastic .

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

If you are looking to meet people, have fun and enjoy a great atmosphere bikini hostel is the place for you. They offer all the amenities you need , the staff are helpful and there is always something being organised with the guests in mind. This place has the cheapest beds in town so don't expect a five star experience. It is simple but clean. We chose the right place for us.

Room Tip: Remember this is Miami so if you book the 9 bedroom there is going to be a lot of people in one spac...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We enjoyed our stay very much and would recommend it to any large group. The owners were very helpful and available are all times to assist with amything we needed. We would definately come back and stay here again! :))))

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Bikini Hostel? Share your experiences!