“Fantastic stay” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hostel   |   1255 West Avenue, South Beach, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Grand Cayman
“Fantastic stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

Absolutely loved this hostel. Everything from check-in to cleanliness was perfect. Although location is not 100%, I think everything else this hostel offers completely outweighs this one scratch.

One final downside might be sharing bathroom when we booked an en-suite, but this was not a problem either. Totally clean and great crowd sharing!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Chinatown, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had a fantastic time at the house. We had the house for a four night stay at the beginning of March for a bachelor party for my best friend. It was the perfect place to stay and had a very south beach feel, and was located so that we were within walking distance of beaches, clubs, restaurants, and bars. You were very helpful in getting everything coordinated and maintained a good line of communication leading up to the trip to ensure that there was no confusion about the rental. Again, I appreciate your help in making my friend's bachelor party memorable and hopefully can work wtih you again next time I am in the South Beach area.

Room Tip: The facility has different room types; we stayed in the more expensive villa (a house) they call the...
shanghai
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I was looking for a hostel to stay at last minute in Miami. My friend booked the Bikini hostel. When we first walked in, it looked like a pretty interesting and fun place. There was a hot tub right out front. We were excited. Unfortunately the stay went down hill pretty fast. As much as I tried to keep an open mind, it seems like they just managed to do everything wrong. The beds are small and uncomfortable. There are like 15 people + to a bathroom/shower.Overall the place is dirty. The staff try to sell you nightclub tickets every night. Interestingly, every night the different nightclub they want to take you to is "the best in the US".

The staff seemed too preoccupied with each other and not really helpful or attentive. Internet was slow. Also, for some reason my room had a double lock on the inside and outside of the door. This means that if someone locked the door from the outside, I would have to unlock it with my key from the inside to get out. Major fire hazard!! (see pics). Also a mere touch on the faucet in the shower (that got luke warm at best) and the thing fell apart (see pics). The best part is I told someone about this 2 days ago and it is still not fixed. The thing I am most amazed is that I told at least three staff members how awful the stay was and none of them seemed to care or try to make it better. AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS!

Room Tip: Find another place
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This place is terrible
Noisy dirty full of cockroaches
The place fancies itself as very cool but there is nothing happening and everything is cheap looking
There us no privacy the employees Are not friendly there is nothing redeeming about this place

• Stayed March 2013
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I love this place. A hidden gem. Young care free Europeans looking to have fun in a clean healthy environment. Quaint sandy common area great for meeting friends or hanging out in the hot tub. Larry has stories that will keep you coming back for more. I love the free internet and the organized trips to the night clubs. I go back when ever I get a chance.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Foz do Iguaçu, Parana, Brazil
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I've booked 4 nights on Bikini website, when I arrived the guest attendant doesn't find my name... some minutes later, she said to me, that I just had one day there. The city was full, it was in Spring Brake days. What would I do? The attendant said to me find something by myself. I asked her to me sleep on flor, because I didn't know what I should do... Finally she "found" one day to me, I payed the double.
The breakfast is just a bread and a horrible coffe or juice.
THE WORST GUEST SERVICE!!!
DON'T GO THERE!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
P M, Owner at Bikini Hostel, Cafe & Beer Garden, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Note to readers: We strive to lovingly accommodate all our guests. However, unknown to management at the time and without management approval, this guest went on line and reserved for himself a bed in a room clearly designated as an all FEMALE room. He either made a mistake or purposely tried to get away with something because we were otherwise sold out. When he attempted to check in, we could not allow him to go into an all FEMALE room. We would have been happy to accommodate him in an appropriate room but we were sold out. All the other negative comments he wrote were simply inaccurate and out of anger and spite. Please concentrate on the positive comments our other guests have written about us.
Strasbourg, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I was supposed to stay in the hostel for 8 days, I finally just stayed 1 night. Why ? Simple! Because this is the worst hostel ever, and I've been to plenty of them all around the world.First, the location is not convenient, don't trust what they say it's a walking distance from ocean drive okay, but like 20min walk, when the other hostels in south beach are like 5 mins away. I have to admit though that the staff was very nice and helpful but the hostel itself OMG. The rooms are very small and dirty, the bathroom was SO dirty I had to close my eyes to take a shower otherwise I would have throw out. The noise is very annoying at night, the walls are so thin you can hear everything from outside and especially the loud music from the hostel. Let's talk about the breakfast, it's an hostel so I didn't expect something fancy or a buffet, but the breakfast was ... raw eggs!!! Their answer of "where is the breakfast ?" was " You see the eggs over there, go grab one and cook it in the kitchen" I thought it was the biggest joke of the year. Internet don't work on the computers. Anyways, BAD hostel, go there only if it is your last option, and even then ...

Room Tip: Don't try the 8 people dorms, so small, dirty and the door stays open all night because of the l...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo

Been to Bikini Hostel, Cafe & Beer Garden? Share your experiences!