“Cockroaches” 1 of 5 stars

1247 West Avenue, South Beach, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
“Cockroaches”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This place is terrible
Noisy dirty full of cockroaches
The place fancies itself as very cool but there is nothing happening and everything is cheap looking
There us no privacy the employees Are not friendly there is nothing redeeming about this place

• Stayed March 2013

152 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I love this place. A hidden gem. Young care free Europeans looking to have fun in a clean healthy environment. Quaint sandy common area great for meeting friends or hanging out in the hot tub. Larry has stories that will keep you coming back for more. I love the free internet and the organized trips to the night clubs. I go back when ever I get a chance.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Foz do Iguaçu, Parana, Brazil
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I've booked 4 nights on Bikini website, when I arrived the guest attendant doesn't find my name... some minutes later, she said to me, that I just had one day there. The city was full, it was in Spring Brake days. What would I do? The attendant said to me find something by myself. I asked her to me sleep on flor, because I didn't know what I should do... Finally she "found" one day to me, I payed the double.
The breakfast is just a bread and a horrible coffe or juice.
THE WORST GUEST SERVICE!!!
DON'T GO THERE!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
P M, Owner at Bikini Hostel, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Note to readers: We strive to lovingly accommodate all our guests. However, unknown to management at the time and without management approval, this guest went on line and reserved for himself a bed in a room clearly designated as an all FEMALE room. He either made a mistake or purposely tried to get away with something because we were otherwise sold out. When he attempted to check in, we could not allow him to go into an all FEMALE room. We would have been happy to accommodate him in an appropriate room but we were sold out. All the other negative comments he wrote were simply inaccurate and out of anger and spite. Please concentrate on the positive comments our other guests have written about us.
Strasbourg, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I was supposed to stay in the hostel for 8 days, I finally just stayed 1 night. Why ? Simple! Because this is the worst hostel ever, and I've been to plenty of them all around the world.First, the location is not convenient, don't trust what they say it's a walking distance from ocean drive okay, but like 20min walk, when the other hostels in south beach are like 5 mins away. I have to admit though that the staff was very nice and helpful but the hostel itself OMG. The rooms are very small and dirty, the bathroom was SO dirty I had to close my eyes to take a shower otherwise I would have throw out. The noise is very annoying at night, the walls are so thin you can hear everything from outside and especially the loud music from the hostel. Let's talk about the breakfast, it's an hostel so I didn't expect something fancy or a buffet, but the breakfast was ... raw eggs!!! Their answer of "where is the breakfast ?" was " You see the eggs over there, go grab one and cook it in the kitchen" I thought it was the biggest joke of the year. Internet don't work on the computers. Anyways, BAD hostel, go there only if it is your last option, and even then ...

Room Tip: Don't try the 8 people dorms, so small, dirty and the door stays open all night because of the l...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Upon arrival we were greeted by upbeat and friendly employees. There is a $20 deposit for the room key, and I recommend making sure that you keep good tabs on that key if you share a room with someone. Behind the desk there were toiletries of sorts for sale, and free condoms. They give you a fitted sheet, a normal sheet, and a pillow case. We booked the all female room with 8 people, but they 'upgraded' us to a 4 bedroom room. They said we would most likely be by ourselves the entire time. There was a door that was able to lock between this room and the all male room and 8 beds. We all shared the bathroom. The bathroom was perfectly fine, and toilet paper was provided, but there were dead termites in the sink all night. The room came with two half sized lockers, despite their being 4 beds. In the evening, they booked two men into our room. The room was nice, two sets of bunk beds, plenty of storage that didn't have locking capabilities, and a great sized TV. We didn't turn it on so I cant say how it worked. Outside there was an above ground pool, pool tables, and ping pong tables. The hostel offers plenty of events for the travelers. The breakfast is indeed free. It is composed of bagels, boiled eggs, toast, I think. We didn't eat it because we were in a hurry the next day. They were able to call us a cab the next morning, which was super convenient. The hostel is located on the inter-coastal water front, not the beach. So there is a bit of walk to reach the ocean. We took local transportation from MIA to the hostel; the bus costs $2.35. If you decide to use this method to get there, make sure you get off at 13th, not 9th. The walk from 9th is quite a walk.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Unbelieveble ! where to start . After 30 minutes waiting a irritate and unpolite staff answer me , my room is not ready .

Finally arrive at the room , unclean , smelly room , after a complain and nothing done ,i felt sleep even with the noise .
The day after I find out the overcharge me in more than 100 percent , try to complain but the staff hide, ignore me like a fool
After 2 hours waiting I decide to call the police .
they destroy my holiday

Room Tip: find another hostel
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

On the day we arrived there was little misunderstanding with over booking dormitoty that we stay in but day after as a appology we has been given specious private room for price of dormitory (big thank you Carol),overall staff very helpfull and friendly grate location we had there lot of fun recommend it.

• Stayed December 2012

Been to Bikini Hostel? Share your experiences!