“Pretty Basic Hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #191 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
orlando, florida
“Pretty Basic Hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just as I sit here to write this review, out of the corner of my eye I see other peoples reviews. I read the first 3 and have to say I cannot agree with 90% of the comments.
I stayed 2 nights here in June 2014. Before I stayed here I checked a Fancy Hotel right across the road from the Parisian called Lowes Hotel. beautiful place but the price was just as beautiful, ballpark with all the hidden charges about $1200 for the 2 nights. So not wanting to waste my hard earned cash I saw the Parisian. The room was $99 per night plus tax. I personally always ask to look at the room before I make the booking, as the hotel will always give you the best room they have left to get your business. I thought the room was a good size with 2 Queen beds, a bed locker, a chest of drawers, 42" T.V., good size shower and toilet. All it needed was a coat of fresh light colored paint and the room was fine. The only complaint about the room was the Air Conditioner button did not work, so I had to open the window a little at night. Breakfast was "included". Breakfast was a help yourself breakfast, Coffer, Orange Juice and a biscuit or little cake in a plastic bag. 1 between 2 people, If you ask for more they say you got the last one as you were lat coming for breakfast. I watched the girl doing the breakfast and just as the next 2 people come along she put 1 more cake on the serving tray. Miami is a big city with too many people, constant road works, and over inflated prices on everything. Plenty of restaurants within 5 minutes walking distance from the hotel, but expect to pay double for your meal, what you would pay in Orlando for instance.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

125 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Genoa, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

We are still in The hotel because i asked "tonight" and they voluntarily charged "two nights" on my credit card!I asked yesterday to cancel The second night and they said to me that it was impossibile and i Would have lost The deposit of 50 USD Too!!!it is incredibile! The air confitioning botton is broken, The room is poor and dirty, forniture is so old and damaged. The breakfast included is terrible Too.

• Stayed March 2014
Miami, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

Don't stay, have no customer service, Rooms are the worst ever seen and the price was ridicules. Not even Ice, Beds sound crooked, mattress springs out, I spray with Lysol, Bath tub need sandals to bath (not safe)Wall filthy, Doors slamming all nite ....DON'T STAY !!!

Room Tip: Not stay in this hotel
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

This had been the first time ever when I checked in and had to leave as soon as I got into the room. I just had to run away from that place.

Stink! Dirt! Anti-sanitary conditions!

Is there any authority that controls it somehow?!

Moreover, when complained the desk did not want to refund.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

We made a reservation online for the hotel, not knowing what it was. The woman at the front desk was extremely rude!
The room was $250 the night. Even thought there was no chance to get our money back. It's the first time in my life I checked in an hotel then checked out right away!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Pelotas, RS
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2013

Ok so we got here by chance, because AMEXTRAVEL screwed our reservarions on the Haddon Hall. Well since it was a booking done on the hour, they charged us more 150 dollars per-night for a two-bed room.
For the price I assumed this was a nice hotel, but no. They said they had internet in the lobby, but that was a LIE, during the 2 nights we could not connect even once, and first this lady on the counter whcih booked us just told me, that is not possible I have internet, and kept working, not even moved a finger, than other guy tried to Lie again saying they were fixing it, but nothing changed.
Rooms were acceptable, and beds were comfortable, but they did not clean our room until 3pm, because they had to wash aaalll the hotel towels, because they didnot have replacements.
Lobby looked like a poor, snack/bar of the 50s, with 2 other guys offering tours and auto rentals.
elevator only fits 2 people, and the certificated of funtioning expired in 2011
Breakfast is a JOOOOOOOOOOKE only coffe, cream and orange juice, with poor imitation of mini croissants.

Look My recomendation would be just dont stay there, and actually ALL hotels in the miami beach area, which price range is between 100-150 is the same crap, so unless you are a millonare and want to spend 400 a night in the Ritz or 300 in the royal palm, just DONT GO TO MIAMI BEACH, spend you money in other place. Punta cana has all included resorts for the same price and are awsome.

Room Tip: just do not go there
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

The rooms were more or less acceptable, but the worst thing was breakfast!
It's hilarious that they even call it so: no bread, no milk, no egg, no fruit, only a horrible cafe and a couple of cheap uneatable muffins!

Last but not least, when I tried to pay with my credit card they told me that it wasn't working, so my colleague paid. My credit card worked everywhere else before and after the incident. When I came back home and check my account: SURPRISE! They DID book the night though!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Parisian Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!