“Parisian,Miami - may be as bad as it will ever get” 1 of 5 stars

Parisian Hotel & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1510 Collins Ave, Miami Beach, FL 33139-3111   |
Ranked #192 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
England
“Parisian,Miami - may be as bad as it will ever get”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

Stayed here with another couple after arriving late in the afternoon.Location was great as it was 2 blocks from beach and 2 blocks from Lincoln Rd (Great selection of restaurants and shops). Car parking in lot opposite and cheapest price we had so far found. Front desk staff were polite and helpful and after showing us some rooms that seemed clean and presentable, we booked two rooms. Mistake! Had to call staff to shut down aircon as it was blowing freezing air in both rooms and controls didn't work. It took 10 minutes to get hot water through to bathroom taps and even then, not very hot. One pillow each and though more were requested, nothing was forthcoming. Carpet was old and VERY musty. Room view was a blank wall 10 ft from our window.Room safe appeared to work ok but when we returned after evening out, safe door was open, though nothing was taken. 'Inclusive' breakfast was a joke. Coffee from a portable urn, juice from a carton that was a mix of every fruit concentrate imaginable and a miserable selection of sticky cake. That was it!
Avoid at all costs. Pity we didn't heed the reviews.

Room Tip: Any other hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

I got there scarred because of the reviews i read after doing my booking(my bas). In fact, when we first arrived there a couple of customers were complying because of some problem with their bathroom and the worker told them to leave the place if they didnt like it. It tooke long time to check in( about 30 min) but without any other problem.

The rooms where kind of old , without any sense of decoration and very very simple. The bed was not specially nice and had some old blankets. It had a big wardrobe to hang clothes. The bulb from the room wasnt working so we had to ask reception to fix it.
The bathroom had no signs of humidity on the walls but wasnt cleaned properly. You could easily find hairs in the "washed" towels, or in the bath. The wc had some strange spOts i didnt want to know what they were.
You could feel in the recepcion that the athmosphere between workers in this hotel was really bad. We heard them talking really agressively to each other more than once, and their werent friendly.
Woudnt recommend it to any one.

• Stayed July 2012
Mandello del Lario, Lombardia, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

I stayed in this hotel for just one night with my brother, mom and son. Originally, we all had rooms in the Parisian, but my room door didn't close, so they gave me a room next door in the Geneva. And that only after I made a fuss because I had been waiting for 1/2hour for the handyman George to come and fix the door. When I complained about the wait, I discovered he wouldn't be in for 2 hours! As I waited, 2 girls came to the front desk to complain that they had found food and blood on the sheets on their bed.
We got a room and cleaned up and went to dinner. Then, when I came back I sat down on the edge of the bed. An the leg broke. I called the front desk and was assured that George would be up. After 15 minutes, I called again. After 1/2hour, I walked down to the front desk and they put a call in to George who was supposedly fixing something in another room. In the end, I stuck a drawer under the end of the bed because George never came and the person on the desk refused to change my room.
Things did not improve once I was in bed. All night long there was noise and people slamming doors. A call to the desk brought more unfulfilled promisses to do something. And those of us in the other building found the noise equally as bad.

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

Room Tip: the only good room is at another hotel!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

We found ourselves "having" to take a one night stay here last month. We couldn't wait to leave.

Whilst the lobby entire is inviting enough the hotel room was thoroughly depressing. It reminded me of something out of a cheap horror movie.

The air con blew freezing cold air continuously into our room. Yes - we were shivering in Miami! When we asked for it to be turned off (as the dial on the wall didn't work) a handyman promptly attended the room, with ladders, some A4 sheets of paper and some sticky tape - hmmmm! To our amazement we sat and watched as he "sealed" up the vents with paper and tape. 5 mins after he left the room having completed the job the paper blew off as the air con was so strong. It's laughable now really!

The hairdrier had seen better days. It was one of those types that fixes on the wall (and usually stays there). But not in the Parisian - it had been pulled off the wall and had been dumped in a cupboard. Oh dear!

The "kitchen" area was hideous. Absolutely nothing in any of the drawers or cupboards. The bathroom was ok but the the view was awful and the room just made you want to leave.

They had the cheek to ask us for a $50 dollar deposit, and then check the room before we left. Not sure what we could have stolen if thats what they were thinking, or what could have been possibly made worse? I was just glad to get my deposit back.

And all this for the pricely some of $165. Not expensive by South Beach standards I know but for a few dollars more I am sure we could have got something which resembled a hotel of the 21st century.

Don't stay here! Stay at The Mondian!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012 via mobile

We spent only olny one night at the parisian. But that was enough. The beds are from the early 70's and so they feel like. The bed lines are partially dirty also the rest of the room. The rooms were not updated since a long time. They said: breakfast is included...
Breakfast was only a cup of coffe with whitener and some Croissant. No milk no butter no jam no cheese no bread!
Stay anywhere but not here...

• Stayed April 2012
Huntington Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

We stayed at the Parisian during WMC week because we booked the trip last minute and there weren't many options without paying an arm and a leg. We had very low expectations going in to it, but could not imagine just how bad it would be. We took a red eye from California so we arrived very early in the morning. We went to the hotel, knowing there probably would not be a room ready that early, but we wanted to see if we could store our bags while we got some breakfast. We went to the front desk and said that we had a reservation today.. we weren't even given a chance to finish our sentence before the lady exclaimed "You're way too early. Check back around 1:30 and we might have a room ready by then, maybe." We asked if there was somewhere we could leave our bags and she pointed to the wall next to the front desk and said "You can put them right there. We are a boutique hotel. We don't have room for luggage storage." We put our bags in a friend's room and asked the woman if it was possible to give us a call once a room became available. Her answer was "No." That's it, just "no". I overheard a man from out of the country asking her for directions, and she responded "You're better off to just take a taxi because they will know where to go and I don't want to be responsible if you get lost." She was just terrible.
We finally got to our room in the afternoon and the rooms were terrible. They smelled. We couldn't find a light that worked. We sat on the bed and you heard a crunching noise because the mattresses were covered in plastic. They do have a refrigerator in the room, which was good if you wanted anything to drink because when we asked where the ice machine was we were told it was broken. The beds/bedding/pillows were terrible.
After we left and thought we were done with the worst place ever, we found out later that they charged our credit card $100 because since we didn't go to the front desk to check out (even though we had our luggage at the front desk at 5am and had them call us a cab to the airport) they did not check out our room untl 3pm and that's a late checkout fee of $100.
Do yourself a favor and stay ANYWHERE but here!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

Went there in January after booking with Expedia. We were surprised by the 100 dollar cash deposit. Most hotels just take your credit card. Only two people at a time can ride the elevator. Wanted to take a late night bath but all the hot water was used. Breakfast was a bunch of pastries and no coffee was even made. I checked out just as the rest of my party was heading downstairs and the female supervisor called us "scammers" because I asked for our deposit back before everyone was out of room. Before that there was some confusion if I got the money back or not. Spend the extra money and stay at the Marriot or somewhere in which you get treated like a customer and not a "scammer". Front desk needs some lessons on how to be professional.

• Stayed January 2012

Been to Parisian Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!