“Real talk” 1 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   952 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139   |
Ranked #180 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Real talk”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014 via mobile

I always read reviews but for some reason I decided to take a chance on The Loft Hotel since we knew we probably wouldn't spend to much time in the room. Big mistake! The whole front of the hotel is under construction which means that taxi's drop you off in the dirt and you have to drag your bags through the dirt on the day we arrived the mud as well!

The room is decorated nicely hut its a very outdated building. You have to drag your bags up the stairs as there is no one to help you. The room has a swamp cooler which works but makes a lot of noise. The walls are very thin and we could hear our neighbors till the wee hours.

The bathroom has no counter space, the shower tile is peeling and is tiny, the refrigerator kept our drinks barely cold even though we set it at the highest level, the coffee pot did not work. As you can probably tell we regretted staying there and would not do it again!

Pay a little more, it is not worth it here.

Stayed February 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Hayward, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

If I could give a negative star rating I would. The outside looks run down but based on previous reviews between a few different travel sites, I knew that it didn't look the best outside but inside would be fine. We walked in our room and it looked NOTHING like the pictures, RED FLAG #1. We liked the size of the room, big enough for 4 girls but we decided to walk around before making ourselves at home. One of the beds comforter had a stain on it, the fridge had some stains on the side of it. We then check out the bathroom and that's when we had enough. The tube was peeling...the paint in the bathtub was coming off and you can see what's under the paint. It was raggedy and gross that they would really rent a room like this to people. (SEE MY PICS)I went to the front and complained and he said he would show me 3 other rooms, which they did. 2 out of the 3 had a odor (yuck!) and the 3rd one still had a gross bathroom. I demanded a refund and even though they tried to say they couldn't, I said that I deserve a refund because this isn't what is advertised AND not a single person was happy with the room. They finally gave me a refund minus the 1st night which I wasn't going to cry over because they could have not given ANYTHING. We were able to find another room down the street at another hotel so it worked out. TAKE MY ADVICE THOUGH, DO NOT STAY HERE!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

we stayed at the loft first it is about one block away from the south beach party area and less than one block from the best place to party your new years awayand wake up on the beach.
the loft is quaint small but cute with kitchen and couch for late night company simply a nice place to sleep wake party and change clothing nothing spectacularly special price a little high for what you get and want butthat was mine and my wifes experience she found bugs but that was to be expected considering room entrances facing trees and plants doesnt look like hotel can win battle with nature.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
West Bloomfield, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

First of all I can't believe I slept in this so called hotel! When I first walked in the room I took the dirty comforter & pillows off the bed. The room smelled like a wet basement, the blinds in the kitchen area were torn, I'm so glad I had my own wash cloths & towels, there's looked like the housekeeper cleaned the floor with them & hung it back up. To top it off I got up to rinse something off in the kitchen & saw a bug I screamed & my husband came in & said it was a roach! Yuck! I took a pic & told the guy at the desk I want my $ back he tried to ack like he didn't speak English. Long story short I didn't get my $ back and I would not let a stray dog stay there.

• Stayed July 2013
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

We booked the room at the last minute online thinking it was a great location and it looked fine. We walked into the lobby and should have walked out. We proceeded to the room and that's when we walked out. Nasty place!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

As soon as we walked in the small lobby of this "motel", I new this was not going to be good. The room had a wall unit for an AC, the covers looked old and smelled like they had not been washed, there was a leak in the wall behind the toilet and the bath tub was stained so much, I had to lay two towels in it and use my RL sandals to take a shower so I would not catch anything.

No words can describe this facility. The website for this facility is very deceiving.

If I could have given a ZERO for everything I would have....

very disappointing....

• Stayed July 2013
Chiefland, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We booked this room last minute, everything else was sold out. Parking is hard to find, but it seems thats way everywhere in south beach, the rooms were cute and clean but could use some small upgrades. Quite little place, close to everywhere The staff was very nice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Loft Hotel? Share your experiences!