“Cute place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #180 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Chiefland, Florida
“Cute place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

We booked this room last minute, everything else was sold out. Parking is hard to find, but it seems thats way everywhere in south beach, the rooms were cute and clean but could use some small upgrades. Quite little place, close to everywhere The staff was very nice.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Gainesville, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Clean and quaint little place, just worn and needs some TLC. Location is great! Right in the mix of it all! But for the price there are much better Hotels out there! I would go back but not as a first choice!

• Stayed May 2013
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

My stay was in February 2013, we got there check-in,walk to the room and open the door, that smell from the room hit you, I said O my god,top and bottom sheets had stains,we slept with our clothes ON, saw ROACHS on the wall, the bathroom floors, tub,and floors in terrible condition, the TV is OLD and not working,NO SECURITY, Anyone CAN walk from the street to your ROOM. One staff at night no hotel service at NIGHT,I would never RECOMMEND this HOTEL to anyone.. So we check-OUT, the pic looks good on the website. I travel a lot, i find THE LOFT Hotel VERY UNSAFE and UNSANITARY ....

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Yes the customer service was good and the location is prime but that is all I can say about this place.
As we walked in our room we quickly realized that it look nothing like the pictures on the website. It's not like the place was not cleaned before we arrived but cleaning something that is already ran down does not make it look pretty. The bathroom was discolored probably from the tub being bleached down over and over again. The toilet had some kind of internal leak and the floor well it was just nasty. The beds were made but the top cover were very old and very unappealing to the eye. After pulling that back we found that the sheet were stained. So we just went out and purchased our own sheets to sleep on.
The first night we stayed around 2 am we heard this loud knocking followed by the words POLICE!!! This went on for several minutes or more before the situation was handled. For $180/night plus a $15/day resort fee I expected more. Little things could be changed such as new sheets and a fresh paint job and caulking in the bathroom.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Harrogate, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed here after New Year and it was pretty awful. It looks good on websites but it was dingy and needs a great deal of renovation. The bed was not comfortable and the sheets weren't clean. We didn't complain as Miami was packed for a football game and we couldn't find another hotel.
Even though it's close to South Beach and in a great location, this hotel is not worth the money - Don't go unless you are desperate.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
macomb
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

If you are considering booking this hotel for your stay in South Beach, DON'T! I found the hotel on Booking.com, thought the pictures looked quaint, and booked. They took one night's deposit of $179 and gave me TEN MONTHS from the time I booked to cancel. In August I happened to stay at the hotel right next door and was dumbfounded when I saw what the hotel REALLY looks like. The reviews I found showed bed bugs, cracks in the walls and filty broken down bathtubs, beds and tables. When I tried to cancel I was told by Booking.com that the hotel refuses to refund the deposit, stating 'we would NEVER refund a deposit like that'. Booking.com said that they have been hung up on, laugh at and simply refused at their attempts to collect my refund. Stay at the Blue Moon, which is right next door for the best hotel experience. It's been 30 days since my request for refund, and I STILL don't have the money. Booking.com plans to refund my deposit on their behalf... but just for the record, I haven't seen THAT yet either.

Room Tip: Blue Moon Hotel is right next door, it is part of the Autograph Collection, my 4 night stay there wa...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

Stayed one night. Seems to may have been an apartments building that has been turned into a "hotel". Our room seemed like a studio with a kitchen,small eating area w table and chairs.
I simply needed a place to crash after the bars.Wasn't looking for 4 or 5 star..just decent,clean,convenient and well priced.I did have concerns but for $90.00 on a Sunday ,located on 11 street &collins- one block walking distance to Ocean Drive strip , the hotel serves it purpose . It was clean,spacious,offered valet parking for 20.00 a night ,offered free beach umbrella,chairs for the sun bathers.I would stay again as one nighters or a place to crash if you plan on beong out all the time and not lounging at the hotel during the day.
but it all depends on what you are looking for /what you want(purpose) of the hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Loft Hotel? Share your experiences!