“Lovely little boutique hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Price
Cruise Ship Special 10%
Ranked #1 of 19 Miami Beach B&B and Inns
Surrey, Canada
“Lovely little boutique hotel!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Before going to Ithaca, I was very concerned, as it was such a new and small hotel. Of course, it doesn't have a pool or room service or other amenities you get in a larger hotel, but it has the personal attention you would want from a boutique hotel. Derek, the concierge, was very friendly and accommodating.

We stayed in the King Suite and the Deluxe King. The rooms had a lovely feel, and were very clean and well-kept. The suite had so much space. I slept on the couch-bed and it was comfortable enough.

The only complaint I have is that the bathroom was not well vented. It smelled a bit and the smell never went away throughout our 2 night stay.

Also, there was construction on the street right in front of the hotel. Jackhammering began at 8:30am on a Saturday morning. I know this is not Ithaca's fault, but still not something you want to experience in South Beach on a Saturday morning. Ithaca could have addressed the problem, and compensated somehow...

Location was ideal.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Sharon M, Guest Relations Manager at Ithaca of South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
It was my pleasure to have served you while you stayed at our hotel. We believe in providing great service to each and everyone of our guest. I hope you decide to come back and stay as our guest once more in the future.

245 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Short review: if you can, book here and you will not regret it.

Longer review:
I was looking for a clean, affordable, and nice hotel in the South Beach area and am so happy that I stumbled upon Ithaca. Friendly staff, good location, clean room (without carpet, which I love), and affordable.

Things I loved:
--Complimentary glass of champagne upon arrival
--Continental breakfast included (not a huge spread; toast, bagels, hard meats, fruit, coffee, juice, water)
--Water and coffee always available and complimentary in the lobby area, 24/7
--THIS WAS HUGE: Beach towel and beach chairs are available (free of charge) to guests
--Google TV was a nice surprise
--Robes, slippers, and umbrellas available for use in the room (free to use, but pay to keep)
--Complimentary wine, cheese, olives, pretzels every night for guests
--Super friendly staff who had good recommendations for places to go, depending on what you like
--Within walking distance to pretty much all the hot spots of South Beach

The one complaint I had is that the air conditioning system in the rooms was really loud so I had some trouble falling asleep.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Sharon M, Guest Relations Manager at Ithaca of South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
I want thank you for taking time out to praise our hotel. We at Ithaca believes in giving the best service ever and making our guest feel at home by giving them extra attention and ensuring we meet our of our guests expectations.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed at Ithaca back at the beginning of June. Although, it took me some time to write a review, I made it a point to get to it! This hotel deserves the great reviews! We absolutely loved our stay at this hotel! The hotel is beautiful, super clean, location is perfect, and the staff is absolutely wonderful!! I am a hotel manager at a hotel in Houston, and out of habit I analyze everything about every hotel I ever stay at. Well, I found nothing wrong with this one! That’s a first.

The rooms are beautiful and look exactly how they look in the pictures. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and very spacious. Loved the shower!

Breakfast was simple, but great to have when you don’t feel like going out early in the morning. They have happy hour in the evening, where they offer complimentary wine and snacks.

The location is also perfect! Less than a 5 minute walk to Ocean Drive and the beach.

Agatha, Dion, and Derrick are amazing!!! They were super helpful and went above and beyond with all of our creative requests. They gave us champagne upon arrival. They asked us what we wanted to do and made arrangements for us every night. From transportation, drinks, vip access, and great service, they took care of it all. The hotel is great, but you guys make it better! I would definitely recommend this hotel and I will definitely be back.

Thank you so much for your hospitality!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Sharon M, Guest Relations Manager at Ithaca of South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 17, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to express your experience you had while staying at our lovely hotel. We take pride in delivering the best customer service to each of our guest. We thank you so much and look forward to having you as our guest again in the future.

Houston, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

Rarely do I write reviews, but people who love to travel as much as I do deserve to know how amazing this gem of a chic little South Beach boutique hotel really is. The owners have put a great deal of thought and care into all details, and the staff went above and beyond to ensure that our stay was perfect: from the time they took to answer all our questions before and during our visit; to the free loaner beach chairs, umbrellas and towels (which saved at least $30 a day); to the attention given our needs in arranging a tour; and cheerful accommodation of endless requests for retrieval of our car from the valet service. Guests and the owners alike are incredibly fortunate to have the services of Dion and his twin brother Derrick, whose delightful personalities and eagerness to help only enhanced our visit. The female guest services person was wonderful too, although I missed her name. Rooms are huge, look brand new and are artfully decorated, with all the latest amenities (even iPod wall speakers, a calculator and free slippers) and a well-stocked minibar. Location is stellar, an easy stroll one block to the beach and the famous Art Deco District. A small but functional service elevator is available for anyone not able to easily navigate the 22 or so stairs that lead to the lobby and rooms. I dearly hope our travels lead us back to Miami so we can have the pleasure of staying here again. Would do so without hesitation!

Room Tip: Our room with 2 queen beds were humongous but I believe there are only 2 of this configuration, so b...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
I like to take time to thank you for your warm and sincere comments on the quality of service you received while you stayed at our beautiful hotel, Ithaca of south beach. We take great pride in delivering the best service possible to each and everyone of our guest. We look forward to having you and your family once more as our guest in the future.

Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed in Ithaca hotel for 3 nights. Service was excellent, check in was fast. Our room was Queen and it was really small, the smallest room of the hotel. And we saw only other building's wall from our window. So if you want more space in the room, take King room. The room was modeen, perfectly clean, fresh towels every day. Breakfast is not perfect, more fruits would be nice. Happy hour with wine and cheese is nice! Walking to the beach is about 3 minutes. If I have to stay in Miami Beach I would defiinetly stay at Ithaca!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sharon M, Guest Relations Manager at Ithaca of South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you for your friendly responds and comments. We certainly appreciate your honesty and we will do what ever it takes to improve our service. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future once more.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I must say, this is my first time writing a review for anything but it would be just wrong if I didn't. ...First let me start by saying I spoke with Derrick over the phone before meeting him in person so to have someone actually talk with you and helping you thru the phone was a great sign. .. After driving 14 hours and arriving at the hotel I must say I was a bit cranky. Ok we are here now and guess who the first person was to gegreet us was no other than Derrick....oh yeah I was trying to text greet us not gegreet....lol.... Derrick my mind is racing with so many good thoughts of you, I can't type fast enough.The room is Perfect, The Location is DYNAMITE. ...in my JJ voice from Good times. ..LOL. ..yesterday Derrick actually walked us to a pizza place near by you talk about above and beyond!!!!! Derrick has been a guardian Angel. ...it gets better, Derrick has a twin...Wonderful........ These guys are great.....I don't know if the other employees can even talk, they haven't open their mouth to say anything at all...weird I know right. .but Due to the Derrick and Deon I am looking over their lack of customer service. ..I don't know who the owners are but if you lose DERRICK OR DEON YALL GOING OUT BUSINESS. ...

• Stayed June 2013
Sharon M, Guest Relations Manager at Ithaca of South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 3, 2013
thank you for your warm comments. I must say they touched my heart completely. We believe in giving our guest the most for the least and delivering on a promise to serve our guest with a smile and answer their questions completely with sincerity and determination to solve their issues to make their stay lasting and with complete memories of warm feelings when they leave Ithaca of south beach.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

The hotel is beautiful, clean, and located directly off of Ocean Drive. A true diamond in the rough! The young lady that works the desk (don't want to attempt to spell her name :), as well as Mr. Carlos and housekeeping are all helpful and offered more than enough assistance when needed. Too bad we did not experience the same level of customer service from the entire staff throughout our stay at this petite boutique hotel. Overall, I would consider this hotel again, but would definitely limit my interaction with some of Ithaca's staff.

• Stayed June 2013
Sharon M, Guest Relations Manager at Ithaca of South Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
thank you for your comments and we really value them. We hope that you choose to visit us again and hope we can meet all of your needs in the future.

Derrick Moore

Been to Ithaca of South Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!