My mom and I stayed at Ithaca for 5 nights and loved everything about our stay.
The rooms are super spacious and look even better in reality than on pictures (the manager told me these exact words when I was booking my reservation, and I didn't think that was possible, but it's true).
The beautiful public beach is 1 block away. You can rent chairs and umbrellas there or just relax on your towel. It wasn't at all crowed and seemed very clean. Also Ithaca is 1 block away from the Ocean Dr. with all kinds of restaurants.
The hotel is located on Collins Ave. which is great for shopping. Zara, Mango, Club Monaco, Tommy Hilfinger are literary across the street.
Free breakfast was offered in the lobby and it consisted of very tasty pastries and croissants, toast, meat and cheese platter, coffee and juices. Also between 6 and 7 PM they offered wine and cheese with crackers (delicious wine, different kind every day).
The manager was extremely nice to us. The front desk staff and maids were always friendly as well. Another huge plus of this boutique hotel - it has only 11 rooms so you very rarely meet (or hear) other people even though it was sold out at the time of our stay.
Google TV with free Netflix, Pandora, and Internet access was great. Free Wi-Fi worked perfect as well. There is a fridge in the room which is free to use as long as you don't touch the mini-bar stuff inside. They provide shampoo, conditioner, and good oatmeal soap (but no shower gel).
Some minor things to consider before your stay:
- no hairdryers/iron in the room, but they are available at the front desk;
- there is a $ 25 charge for each lost room-key;
- no restroom in the lobby (after check out we had to use a public one 1 block away)
- no luggage room, although they were very nice to let us leave our luggage right in front of the reception for pretty much the whole day.
Overall the best hotel I ever stayed at. Please check out my pictures!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Priceline and Venere so you can book your Ithaca of South Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.