“Great hotel!!!!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dorchester Hotel

Save Saved
You added Dorchester Hotel to your Saves list
Dorchester Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1850 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Ranked #95 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
Central América
“Great hotel!!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I spent 5 nights at Dorchester Hotel during Holy Week this year. It was great to be back to the Dorchester, where I know there is always great service.
We stayed at a newly renovated first floor room. We used the parking available at the hotel and, even though it was a little expensive, it saved us time and inconvenience. Dorchester is perfectly located in Collins Avenue, where everything is within walking distance. The Lincoln Mall pedestrian mall is very close and you have great food alternatives all over the place.
The breakfast was good and very convenient to be able to take advantage of the day, going to malls or attractions
Front desk was always willing to help and made us fell like we were at home.
I´ll be back to Dorchester in a couple of years!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My family and I stayed at the Dorchester Hotel this passed few days and all I have to say is- wonderful!! Upon entering the hotel I left my bag outside on the floor. Luckily for me a hotel employee Carlos Jose Yoni immediately saw it and picked it up and put it in a safe place. After looking everywhere and asking the hotel staff if they've seen it, Carlos informed me that I left it outside and reassured me that everything is where it was. I couldn't thank him enough. He was soo kind and compassionate for me and I've never met anyone as kind as him! Thank you Carlos!! You saved my life :)!!

• Stayed August 2014
Birmingham, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Beware of staying at this hotel. We stayed at the Dorchester hotel in March and at check in, you are required to swipe a bank card and authorise payment of any charges made against your room. This is no different to other hotels that we’ve stayed in previously and so didn’t think too much of it. However, at check out, we were provided with an invoice that included several bar bills that didn’t belong to us (we only had drinks at the bar on a few occasions and always paid at the bar). We challenged this and were provided with receipts that clearly weren’t signed by us. However, the hotel refused to reimburse us this amount and stated that the payment had already been taken from my card. They even refused to look back at CCTV footage to confirm that it wasn’t our tab. Absolutely disgraceful customer service and I would advise nobody to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

ecxelentel location of the hotel is simple, cute, clean, and not so familiar, as there are many people in pairs or alone but has as good a location as the car does not need to move around the area and invites miami beach shopping night RECOMMENDED .super

Room Tip: building rooms
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

The Hotel was overall okay, fairly new renovated but there are a few ekstra things you have to pay for. Parking is very expensive, and just because you pay for it, dosent mean that there is any room for you car. We had to park half out on the street, and there was already doubled parked in the lot.
The staff was overall not very impressive,and the cleaing staff one time ignored the "privacy please" sign on the door to clean. The door to our room (Which was next to the elevator) didnt close tight enough, so we could here and see out through the door. The breakfast was not very good, and the staff barely spoke english. And the highly-priced juice which came in the smallest glass ive ever seen, tasted like acid.
Overall a okay place to sleep, but i wouldnt recommend it. Also the beach is 500 meters away, but the location of the hotel is OK.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Aaron G, Manager at Dorchester Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your visit to Miami Beach. I would like apologize for your stay not being up to your standards. It is in our best interest to try and do everything we can to ensure that your time with us is nothing short than exceptional and it seems it was not. We appreciate your feedback and we will make the necessary improvements moving forward.

Best regards,
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Hotel was nice..... great location, ok rooms, great price.... We were a little lost as to why we had no wash cloths in our rooms we called the desk and it's like they thought we were lying, the first night I went to the front desk and told them and they got us some , but every day after that it was an issue for wash cloths no one would bring any up to the rooms our rooms were cleaned daily and every day they would not put new ones in the rooms we got new towels but no wash clothes, the last two nights we called the front desk three times and no one ever brought any up to the rooms we waited till morning and just got them from the cleaning lady, as a very busy hotel you would think that someone is checking these rooms to make sure they are cleaned well and things are in the rooms that the guest need so you do not have these types of issues. Hotel is just in a great location right around the corner from the beach, and just one block from all the food and shopping. .... Overall my vacation was ok

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Aaron G, Manager at Dorchester Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

First I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us on your visit to Miami Beach. It is unfortunate for me to read that your vacation was ok as we strive to satisfy our guests to the fullest. I would like to apologize about not having fresh wash cloths in your room each day. I am going to bring this issue to the attention of my housekeeping department so they can better correct their mistakes going forward. Thanks again for staying with us, we hope you come back so we can have a chance to give you nothing less than exceptional service.

Best regards,
Ireland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We stayed here for two nights on our recent trip to Florida. The hotel is only average and any extras come at an expensive option - car parking is $29 a night wifi is also an expensive extra. The hotel 'dining room' is only open for breakfast from 7.30 to 11.00 and there are no tea or coffee makers in the bedrooms. The small swimming pool is dirty and there are cigarette ends in the drains around the pool. The cushions on the sun beds are dirty and badly need to be replaced.Overall we were glad to be moving on from this hotel and we will not be returning!

• Stayed June 2014
Aaron G, Manager at Dorchester Hotel, responded to this review, June 27, 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

It saddens me to hear that your stay at our hotel was not up to your standards and I would like to personally apologize to you. I understand that the extra $29 may be a lot for parking however many of the neighboring hotels in the area charge more than we do. Also there are other public parking garages and lots in the area that our staff can direct you to that may be better suitable for you. As far as our pool and the area around it, I would also like to apologize to you about it not being anything but exceptional for you and your family.

Aaron Gusky

Been to Dorchester Hotel? Share your experiences!