“Very happy!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Dorchester Hotel

You added Dorchester Hotel to your Saves list
Dorchester Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1850 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach, FL 33139 (City Center)   |
Ranked #108 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
In a Cheese Shop
“Very happy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Stayed in November 2012. Was upgraded to a suite which was a bonus!

Staff could no do enough for us and location, on Collins Ave, whilst central was noisy at night. It seems compulsory to sound car horns frequently!
Bathroom was a bit tired but overall a very comfortable hotel. No problem in recommending the hotel

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012 via mobile

I bid my hotel in priceline and got it for $95 per night. Beware of the resort fee they charge you when you check-in. Rooms are average, my blind curtains were broken and bathroom door had scratches.
However, room was very clean and had nice size. AC in room was frozen but they changed me the room in 5 min.

London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012 via mobile

Great location, only 2 blocks from shopping on Lincoln Rd. Hotel is very modern for an old hotel. We were given a quiet room but it was very noisy at night, so dread to think what a noisy room is like? Apparently South Beach is very noisy with people partying all night. It didn't spoil my stay though. Staff are very very friendly. Check in is not until 3pm. Bar on site is very expensive - mini bar in room is cheaper. Room service menu is actually a takeaway restaurant that delivers to you room and you pay cash at the door (you can't charge it to your room ) Beach was across the road. I would stay here again.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

My wife and I stayed in this hotel prior to a cruise. Booked through an opaque site, so we paid a bit less than normal rates. The hotel is in a good spot - close to Lincoln Road, Ocean Drive, etc.

The hotel was relatively nice, though there's definitely room for some improvement. Housekeeping left a bit to be desired - with some hair on the bathroom floor and a less than stellar looking tub. However, overall - the room was fine.

The staff were nice, and extremely accommodating on an early arrival. Overall, while I might not pay full price for a hotel like this, I would consider coming back.

Vacaville, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

This was my first trip to Miami Beach and my travel agent arranged accommodations for me here. My first impression was, "look at this fun architecture". Entering the hotel I became aware of a musty, unpleasant smell. I understand the area had high water flooding the streets recently so I don't know if that contributed to the aroma. My room was on Collins Ave so it was noisy,but I am a sound sleeper and it did not effect me. Just know to ask for a quiet room if you need one. The room was very clean but very sparsely decorated, almost spartan. The bathroom was clean and adequate. The staff were all exceptionally friendly and helpful. They held my luggage for me while I completed some sightseeing and tours and even offered me shower accommodations if I should need them after my outings. The price was very reasonable but if you are looking for plush, you might want to consider other options. Miami Beach is a wonderful area to visit, interesting history, fun, lots of food and beverage options, great architecture. The Dorchester is on one end of the art deco area but close to Lincoln Rd, Ocean Dr, and right on Collins Ave. Again, the staff was great, the room was clean, I just wish it smelled cleaner.

Stayed October 2012
Den Bosch, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I have stayed for 6 nights in this hotel. The location is excellent, 5 minutes walk from Lincoln road, 3 minutes from the beach and and 8-10 minutes walk to Ocean drive. Front desk was really helpful and friendly, compliments for them, they do whatever they can to make your stay comfortable. Rooms are spacious and look okay. Bathrooms are small, old and rusty and the room is really not clean! During our 6 night stay our room the vacuum cleaner was maybe used twice at most and we found hair everywhere, every day.... But that is about the only negative thing I can mention on this hotel. The price-quality is very good and I would stay here again if I am in Miami.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room at the back of the hotel, bring earplugs and you will be fine!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
EHCHA, Manager at Dorchester Hotel, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback in connection
with your stay at our property. We are happy to know
that you consider our location to be excellent especially
with our closeness to the beach and the famous Ocean Drive.

Your great words about our staff’s helpfulness and friendliness
are very encouraging because most of our guest share the same
views about them: a sign that we are definitely on the right track.

In regards to your comments about our housekeeping, let me apologize
for any inconvenience and would like to assure you that this is not
common. Nevertheless, rest assure, we have heard you loud and
clear and ensure you that we will immediately address your concerns.

Also, thanks for letting us know that you will stay with us again if you
are in Miami.

Regards,

E. Hewitt, CHA
Rooms Division Manager.
Leicester, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

just got back after spending four nights here as part of a two week trip to florida. where do i start?
from the moment you arrive it is nothing but dissapointment, when you enter the lobby it smells, when you enter your room it smells, the hotel is in the art decor region and i think the carpets and hotel decorations havnt been changed since that period. when you are booking in they ask you if you require parking, that comes at a charge of $30 per night,we found a place on 16th street for $16 a night, if you want to use the hotel swimming pool its $10 to rent a sun bed, wifi costs a further $12, we never ate in the hotel because right next to the lift is the kitchen and i wouldnt let my dog eat in there. Thats the hotel sorted so lets talk about Miami, if you are intending to go there certainly dont go on a budget, to rent two sunbeds and a umbrella costs $30, a beer $7, $20 for a pizza, just for a burger and chips and a couple of beers each by the time youve added tax and gratuity expect to pay $70. would i go back to miami? possibly but i would avoid the beach area and possibly stay in downtown miami and commute to the beach area. The boat tour is well worth while but i have to say dont believe a word they say as the boat tour showed us one property that Maddonna lived in and the bus tour a different one, (maybe she has two).

Room Tip: dont bother
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
EHCHA, Manager at Dorchester Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Let me first of all apologize for any negative experience you might
had underwent while staying at our hotel and Miami Beach in general.
We know that most of our guest generally say great things about
our property, and It is sad for us to know that we did not give you that
great experience.

Our lobby do have an automatic air freshner system that gives it
great fragrances. Our rooms are cleaned daily, and great care is
is given to them by our houdskeping department to ensur good odor.

As you rightly mentioned, our hotel, like most hotels in Miami Beach
is a art deco hotel, and therefore, most of the buildings and their
furnitures are designed to reflect the arts. We do have limited parking
at a modest fee. In the event a guest refuses parking, we usually
direct them to other facilities. There is absolutelty no charge to our
guest for using the lounge chairs around our swimming pool. Our
dining room is periodically inspected by the City of Miami Beach Health
Department and is in total compliance with all the health standards.
In addition, all our restaurant employees are required by the State to
be certified in safe food handeling and preparation.

One again, we are sorry that we did not meet all you expectations, and
hope that you will give us another chance to show you that we will go
the extra mile to ensure a great stay.

Here at the Dorchester, "It's all about you"

Thanks for your feedback; it encourages us to be even better.

Been to Dorchester Hotel? Share your experiences!