“Luxury at the Lowes” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #32 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Luxury at the Lowes”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2005

I recently returned from a wonderful trip to South Beach. We stayed at the Loews and we had a great stay there. The Pool is wonderful. You should try and get out there early b/c everyone flocks to the pool and you could be left without a chair. The cabana boys walk with you to your selected chair with a cushy pad, chair cover and a rolled towel for a head rest.

Also, we had a problem with the room being on a bit of a noisy floor. After a few sleep deprived words with a manager, we were given a new room along with a $150 voucher to their restaurant Prestons. That's great customer service.

If you want a great meal that's inexpensive, don't miss the Nexxt Cafe on Lincoln. Looks like they swiped the Cheesecake Factory menu and did a fantastic job with it. Also, you can get a great breakfast at the News Cafe on Ocean Drive.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (566)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
London, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2005

WOW .. what an amazing hotel! It was perfectly located, beautiful, exquisite and devine. You really felt the luxury of being in a 5 star hotel .. would DEFINATELY stay here again.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2005

We stayed at the Lowes for 3 nights and liked it very much. The decor was lovely and the bed comfortable. The pool area was great, very happening and fun. Overall staff was friendly and helpful. Concierge seemed a bit overwhelmed the one time we stopped to ask recommendations for restaurants.

chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2005

We stayed at loews, June 2-5th and we were pleased with our room, they were average sized, after hearing the other hotels on the strip rooms were small we were kinda afraid of what we might get, but the rooms were clean and they came every night and asked if we needed anything, the ocean view room we had was very nice, we sat out on the balcony and watched some cruise ships and folks on the beach, the hotel staff was very friendly at all times, but the food was very much over priced, we didn't order anything from the pool or room service the prices were just ridiculous!! We were in walking distance of the lincoln mall (outside), and the strip was right there, so it was nice we enjoyed our stay, I would recommend the loews, the lobby was very nice!! We found a restaurant where we fell in love with food which was in the mall area!!

• Stayed June 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2005

First off, I was reimbursed for this business/vacation, so my complaints are not based on the cost of the hotel (which is still high). First, the rooms were small and the floorplans were not optimal for the space, even in an oceanfront room. Second, the matresses and comforter were uncomfortable for a so-called 4-star hotel. As to the poolside experience, the pool was nice; however, the Saturday crowd was overwhelming and there were not enough loungers for everyone which is in my opinion unacceptable for a 4-star. There are too many rooms for the size of the pool. The poolside food was overpriced and plain. Due to overwhelming crowds the valet service took 15-20 minutes to retrieve a vehicle. The decor is a poor excuse for art deco. The manicurist in the spa was inept for this price point. In addition, when asking for reprints of receipts for my accounting deparment, it became obvious that the business office staff have not been well trained from a customer service standpoint.

I would steer clear of this oversized hotel if you are looking for a true Miami Beach experience. There are many options and I wish I had stayed elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2005, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2005

I stayed 3 nights at Loews. The first night I had a partial ocean view room and then upgraded to full ocean view.

As soon as I walked in I knew I had booked the right Hotel. The hotel was decorated beautifully. Landscaping included fountains all over the grounds and beautfiul palm trees and tropical foilage.

If you want anything at Loews you get it. They not only bring you what you want quickly but they have something called Star Service that they call you to make sure you are satisfiedl

I heard the service at South Beach Florida leaves a lot to be desired. Not so, if you stay at Lowes.

A great Hotel in South Beach. And close to everything as well.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2005

I go to SoBe several times a year like most New Yorkers because, well, it's just never warm where I live! Last time I stayed at the Shore Club but I just keep coming back to the Loews becase of it's service. The staff is so helpful and nice and can get you reservations, club passes or whatever you need.

POOL: The pool scene is fab, it was very hot one day and the servers came around and gave everyone cool face towels and also small samples of sorbet to cool off. I didn't get that at the Ritz or the Shore Club.

ROOM: Very cozy and chic rooms, I didn't want to get out of that bed. Had a balcony and a great view.

FOOD: Poolside is expensive but above average. Didn't eat at the other restaurants in the hotel.

VALUE: Excellent! Much better price than the Shore Club and service is just as good. I stayed at the Ritz once and never will again as I though the service was terrible.

Not really a place for children but I don't really think SoBe is "child-friendly"...familes should head further uptown. You don't get the "scene" at the Loews that you do at some of the other hotels but sometimes you just want some sun and want to be Euro-trash free. If only for a few hours...

• Stayed March 2005

Been to Loews Miami Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!