“Wonderful experience all around” 5 of 5 stars

Free Beverages!
Ranked #35 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
New Hampshire
“Wonderful experience all around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2009

Stayed for a week for business, but felt like I was staying on a wonderful vacation. The staff was fabulous, right down to every single person in which I came in contact. The location is wonderful, as I had to be at the convention center, but could spend a little time at the pool, ocean or shopping after work. Great South Beach location. Not an inexpensive hotel to stay in, but worth every penny.

Had room service two evenings and one morning, all were wonderful. Fresh, hot, delicious locally flavored cuisine. Having Emeril's right on property was a plus. The lobby coffee kiosk, although it was Starbucks (not my favorite) had fresh fruit cup and sweet breads. This is where I'll go next time I'm in Miami or Miami Beach.

I did not get to the spa, but had two friends who did, and enjoyed the massages and got great haircuts. Both raved about the experience.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (567)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Delafield, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2009

The Lowes was nice. For the hype, price and reviews, I think my expectations were a little inflated.

I ended up taking a view upgrade trading a king-bed for two doubles. While the view was nice, the room was a little crowded but it was fine. It did its job just fine. Did not spend too much time here.

The beach was nice also. Great private entry in and out and it's semi-private. Chairs and umbrellas have separate charges. One windy day, all the umbrellas were laid down as windblockers but also blocked all view of the ocean! We did not have the option to remove the umbrellas so we went to the hotel next door and paid for their chairs. Surf-side service was a little slow. You can't really ever complain about the ocean, sand and warm sun no matter where you are.

The pool was great. This is probably the best part of the hotel itself. The water was comfortable, not too chemical-ly, and tons of chairs all around the pool. There is a separate sun-worship lawn and cabanas for rent a little ways away from the pool. Lots of families with kids there who looked like they were having a blast.

The lobby was gorgeous as was all the landscaping, fountains and aesthetics around the hotel. Did not spend too much time here, either.

The Emeril restaurant was nice. Cannot top the Vegas Emeril restaurants. It was good. I got the soft crab and they were the fattest, hugest, meatiest soft crabs I have ever seen and they were absolutely delicious. My friend ordered the salmon which looked sad and meager and dry.

Location is great. Ocean Drive within a 5 min walk; Right center of Collins; Lincoln ave only a few min walk away too.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel, I would look around a little more before considering staying here again myself, not to say I wouldn't stay again. Just for some background, I like nice hotels. When I travel for business, I stay at Westins because I love the heavenly beds and for leisure, I tend to stay at SPG's Luxury Collection hotels, Relais and Chateaux properties. I did take a peek at the Ritz Carlton down the street and it seemed boring, stark and not as interesting as the Loews.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2009

We had a wonderful birthday weekend in South Beach thanks to Loews. The service was amazing. The room was large. The beds were comfortable. We were right on the beach. The hotel also had staff working on the beach so you never had to leave your spot for food, drinks, or an Evian misting! The pool was huge! Loved it. Loews Miami Beach is also in a great location on Collins Ave. I only gave the hotel 4 stars because they did not offer complimentary internet service in the rooms. You had to go to the lobby if you wanted to access the internet. Also, you had to pay $10 per day if you wanted to use the gym. Lesser hotels offer those amenities for free. Other than that we had a great time!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with friends
washington dc
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2009

lovely hotel, pool was clean nice, not too many kids, the beach was wonderful...the service was great. the only concern i had was the price for food in the hotel, it was very expensive

• Stayed May 2009, traveled with family
Groveland, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2009

These folks understand the true meaning of hospitality! I'm in Miami for an international trade show for 5000 tour operators. Monday night, 18 May 2009, we were out for a dinner event in Coconut Grove, FL. As we stepped off the busses, this monstrous downpour began, flooding the streets and soaking everyone around. When we returned to Loews, Miami Beach, literally dripping and freezing, we were met at the entrance with stacks of huge, warm spa towels to wrap around us!

And this is just one example of all they do. From the moment of our arrival on Saturday, we were welcomed by every Loews Staff Member we met - from the Front Desk, the Concierge, to the housekeeping folks. I received a FAX and needed to respond. This was handled promptly, efficiently and with much graciousness. And...there was NO CHARGE for either FAX!

You NEVER open the front door of this property for yourself. No matter what time of day or night, the most friendly, smiling young lady is there to greet you and hold the door for you.

Rooms are great and extremely well appointed. The Breakfast Counter in the morning is a very busy place, but gets the crowds in and out promptly.

All lodging properties sell rooms. Only a few understand the true meaning of great service and hospitality....The Loews does!

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2009

The Good:
-Large, Vegas like hotel with tons to do. A bunch of restaurants, bars etc.
- Fun pool
- Right on the beach
- Great location
-Good service, helpful concierge, check in, etc.

The Bad
-They nickel and dime everything. If you go out to the beach, $10 per chair. If you want to go to the spa just to change and shower before a flight, $10. If you want to use a floaty mat in the pool, $20!
- 10 million kids. If you have kids, awesome, if you don't and/or they bother you, they are all over (this wasnt a "bad" for me as I love kids and they dont bother me at all, but I put it in the bad column because others find lots of kids annoying)
- Expensive, average pool food. Expensive food is to be expected in on SoBe, but the menu is pretty much chicken fingers, nachos and burgers.

overall, we had a great time just relaxing. There's nothing to rave about with the Loews but no reason not to stay either.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2009

The Loews is a resort-style hotel among all the boutique hotels in Miami. It's within walking distance to great restaurants, great shopping, and just a few steps from the beautiful beach
The front desk clerk wasn't very polite, friendly, and was even borderline uprofessional (said things like "yeah" "uh i guess" and "whatever") but everyone else - housekeeping, concierge, valet - were fantastic.
We stayed in a ocean-view suite with balcony that gave my boyfriend plenty of room to work and me room to play without either of us getting in each others way.
The bathroom was HUGE - double sinks, tub, seperate stand shower, and plenty of towels. I also really liked the lemongrass toiletries and the exfoliating body scrub came in handy for tanning at the beach.
The concierge recommended and made reservations for great restaurants, and had no problem with us changing a reservation around a few times - he even called us to confirm.
We had the breakfast buffet at the hotel a few times and I really recommend it. Not only is it convenient but there's a huge selection of everything! Pastries, made to order omellettes, fruit, and hot foods like pancakes and french toast. Not to mention - it's all very tasty.
The Loews is a big hotel but most are friendly and personable like at a smaller, more intimate hotel. This is a lovely spot and I hope we stay here on our next trip to Miami!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Been to Loews Miami Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!