“Second Visit - Hotel is Still Very Good” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #30 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, IL
“Second Visit - Hotel is Still Very Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We are just returned from 4 nights/5 days at the Loews Miami Beach with our two kids (ages 3 and 6). This is a great hotel to stay in if you are seeking quiet sleeps in a booming location. Loews is right between Ocean Drive and Lincoln Road so, yes, the nights are wild and raucous on South Beach however the rooms are clean, cool, quiet and comfortable. We really like this location and stayed here again this year - same way as last year.

Pros of the Loews Hotel: Location, location, location. Good pool, nice rooms, good beach. Staff are kind, professional and work hard to make people comfortable.

Cons of the Loews Hotel: Rooms are smallish, can be pricey, some rooms don't have balconies which would be a deal-breaker for us

Overall, if you are familiar with South Beach you know there are very few nice hotels that are also quiet and clean. You also know that location trumps most everything else so you can walk everywhere and enjoy the atmosphere. We would absolutely return.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room with a balcony. Rooms with "City View" can be very nice, too as...
Green Features: Didn't notice any. They use plastic cups by the pool - hardly seems environmentally friendly.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Alex T, General Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 21, 2014
Dear Thegoodegg,
Thank you for your review and for sharing your recent experience with us. You mentioned that you found our hotel to be at a great location, and you are right. Loews is in the heart of South Beach minutes to the American Airlines Arena, Adrienne Arsht Center, steps from Lincoln Road shopping and restaurants, various museums, Ocean Drive and other landmarks and attractions that make South Beach the gem it is. Thank you again for your feedback! We are so happy that you and your family joined us for your getaway and hope to welcome you back again soon

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (581)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Highland Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

We recently stayed at the Lowes in South Beach and during our stay, one of our kids got very Sun Burn. An employee Jessica who works at Splish was the most caring and Attentive employee who helped out as much as possible. Jessica was completely invested in the situation and the empathy and compassion she showed our family was amazing. Because of her, we would return again and again.
Thank you Lowes for all the friendly Pool Staff and the Conscierge were Amazing!

The Litke's

Dear Edward L,
Thank you for taking a moment from your day to share with us your recent experience. We are happy to hear that you found our staff to be helpful and accommodating. It is the Loews genuine hospitality that shines through each and every member of our team, including Jessica, that makes for an enjoyable stay. This is part of our desire to exceed expectations and cater to our guests needs. Your feedback is important to us and we thank you again for sharing your thoughts with us. We look forward to hosting you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Had 3 days in Miami before we headed out on a cruise and spent some of the time staying at the Loews, having stayed at other Loews we were excited about this.

The hotel is big and for us big was beautiful, so much to do! We paid to use SOAK ($75) for the day and that was money well spent for us, we had a wonderful day lounging by the pool.

We had a ocean view which was nice and the room was lovely.

Staff were great and this is something we always find with Loews, we just love them.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Markandnige,

Your feedback is much appreciated. Thank you for joining us during your recent layover in Miami. We are thrilled to have had you as our guest, and thank you for sharing your thoughts about our hotel and your stay. It sounds like you enjoyed yourself and everything the Loews Miami Beach have to offer. From our outstanding staff, to the food and poolside pamperings, and more...there is always something to do at our hotel. From the sound of it you were able to experience it all in this one visit, but we hope you will join us again soon to see what else we have in store. Thank you again for your kind review!
Falmouth, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Our children and grandchildren spent a week at this hotel just a few weeks ago. It was their 7th time at the Lowe's Miami Beach. We were up the beach at another hotel, but with three little ones, the pool area at the Lowe's was a better setting for them. Yes, you do have to get up early for a poolside chair, but this is the case at every hotel along South Beach during the peak March season. We ordered lunch at the pool every day, and were pleased with the timing of the food and drink service there, with prices comparable, again, to any place along the beach. We were particularly impressed with the choices on the children's menus. Prestons was another great surprise. The kids could have their own DVD and movie choices which made for a relaxing dinner for the adults. And the "grab and go" morning buffet was really convenient especially with young children who wake up both early and hungry. We found the rooms extremely clean, beds fantastic, lovely baths, and were done up within a half hour of our making a call to room service. Great service even with, at times, a very demanding clientele!

Dear BetsyD,
We appreciate your feedback as it helps us to grow and ensure that each guest arrives welcomed and leaves satisfied. From your review it sounds like you received nothing short of excellent care and service during your stay. Our staff truly is exceptional and they are dedicated to ensuring each guest feels comfortable and engaged throughout their time with us. You also mentioned your family has been here seven times, we thank you and appreciate your loyalty. We love our guests and try to reward their loyalty as best we can by providing a complimentary program which provides guests with points and benefits each time they return. This program is called YouFirst. If you haven't already, sign up to begin enjoying benefits at your next stay! Your feedback is important to us so we thank you again for sharing and look forward to seeing you and your family again soon!
Chas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

Don't come to south beach unless looking for spring break party. Room was good, overpriced!have to pay daily for beach chairs and umbrellas. Terrible service. We were told we couldn't have chairs late in afternoon rudely by 3 different staff so we laid on the sand. No customer service. Loud street out front (club central) and people up late and loud in hallways. Better option for south beach

• Stayed April 2014
Alex T, General Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Beany014,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience to our hotel. Everyday we strive to deliver better service and it is your feedback that allows us to improve. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience you encountered. I can assure your that your experience is not a usual occurrence at Loews Miami Beach, we value all of our customers and their business. Please accept our apologies, if you wish to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to contact my office at 305-604-5452 or email my assistant at aamaya@loewshotels.com
Naples, Italy
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

I don't really know how and where to start, since my 4 day permanence in this hotel has been the worst lodging experience in my life.

I've never seen such rude staff and shallow service; the latter has been awful in each of its expressions. I prefer to list the most significant episodes:

- while I was soaking up the sun in the swimming pool area, I asked one waiter to move the umbrella closer to my chair. He performed the task barbarously, triggered my mobile-phone and glasses fall by moving the table, and finally he didn't even apologise;
- every time I ordered some food, I had to wait 20/30 minutes, even if I had ordered a sandwich or a salad that usually take no more than 5 minutes to be prepared and served.
- once I asked the desk-clerk to call a taxi for me, telling her that I needed a taxi even though I had to move very close, because I was on crutches. Well, she replied that no one of the taxi drivers would have carried me, because I wanted to go just 1 mile away from the hotel. I got angry and outraged for such a reply. We are talking of a 4 stars hotel, whose employees should run to perform your tasks. I had to complain that this behaviour broke the law and finally I got my taxi. But it was unacceptable anyway.
- room slippers not provided;
- one of the room's windows didn't work. Although we immediately informed the reception, we had to wait one day and a half to get it repaired;
- continuous delays in serving food on the beach and swimming pool areas.

These were only the more significant events among a hundred inconveniences and misunderstandings. I am not kidding, the structure is fine but the way the staff assist you is totally inacceptable.

Last but not least, the prices. I know that we were in Miami (even though I found this city much less exciting that I expected), but a bottle of water cannot be sold at 12$, as well as a sandwich cannot price 30$, especially when its quality is nothing of special.

I made a formal complaint to the manager and got a 200$ discount and two free room served breakfasts. But it is definitely not enough to retain me from writing this negative review.

Dear Raffaele B,
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2014

We were not at all impressed with the Loews. It is a boring, dated hotel. The only pretty area is the palm tree lines walkway from the pool to the main road.

Lobby, main floor, bar an restaurant area is horribly laid out and the decor is depressing.

We had a 2br suite with ocean view and balcony. Bathroom was small, rooms were very boring.

The bar is fine and the bartenders were nice but it all felt kind of cheep.

If you are lucky enough to get a seat next to the pool, the chairs are on top of each other. They also have seating in two big open areas on either side of the pool which row after row of chairs jammed together, no privacy at all.

We were in cabana area which was fine. We had cabanas booked but cancelled them for day beds because the cabanas were too enclosed. The day beds were a better option.

The girls working the cabana area were very nice and friendly. The food by the pool was fair.

The servers of food and drinks were good but the rest of the service was horrible.

For example; there was no turn down service at night. The housekeeping would not throw out empty soda cans, or food that was sitting out. One day i put the food in the hall on top of an ashtray because there was no place to throw it out and it was still sitting there the next day.

The concierge service was on par with everything else at the hotel. Everything I called I was put on hold i till I finally gave up.

Stayed March 2014
Dear 56bigblue,
Thank you for your review of the Loews Miami Beach Hotel. We pride ourselves on not only offering the highest level of guest service, but on having the most wonderful and dedicated staff, as well as being in the heart of all local attractions and great nightlife in South Beach. Our close proximity to all things is one feature of the hotel that shines and makes us a hot spot in South Beach.

Your experience means everything to us, so we are disappointed to hear that you did not feel that all of your desires were met. We sincerely hope you will reconsider this and give us another chance to better assist you in the future.

Been to Loews Miami Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!