“On the beach- kid friendly- bring keurig pods” 4 of 5 stars

Eat, Drink. Our Treat!
Ranked #36 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Colorado
“On the beach- kid friendly- bring keurig pods”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed here for a conference. I would say the room was nothing to write home about. I had a balcony and partial ocean view though given the rate per night I was expecting more. The room also had a keurig- this is something I wish I knew in advance so I would bring my favorite coffee- but it still makes better coffee even with their house coffee. The bathroom was nice and big, which it nice for longer trips. The bed was comfortable but the pillows were too squishy. There is a average fitness center-given the size of the hotel I did expect much more. The fitness center is attached to the spa so there is an additional fee but you get to use the spa amenities. This was a great hotel for a conference, very convenient.

I was also told this is the most kid friendly hotel in south beach. As someone without kids this is something I would love to know before I book as we usually avoid kids when we go on trips.

The only real complaint I had was the fact that they were filming the bachelor (yes the reality show) during my stay which cause numerous inconveniences including VERY limited fitness center hours (it was closed noon to 5 one day) and limited access to the 2nd wing during the evening. Additionally, we were rerouted while trying to go through the pool to get back to the hotel around 10pm. I would think the hotel would prefer a group of women to go through the hotel grounds instead of through a side alley but hey I guess the bachelor is more important than guests safety.

There a lot of VERY cute boutique hotels in south beach and frankly I will find one of those on my next trip.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Alex T, General Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear beachbreeze66,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience to our hotel. Everyday we strive to deliver better service and it is your feedback that allows us to improve. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay. I can assure your that your experience is not a usual occurance and we will be sure to work on the areas that need attention. If you wish to discuss your experience futher, please do not hesitate to contact my office at 305-604-5452 or email my assistant at aamaya@loewshotels.com

3,150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

My partner and I stayed at the Lowes in Miami which is located right on Sobe.

It was a wonderful start to our road trip vacation. The Lowes is perfectly located and a 2 minute walk to the lovely beach and 5 minute walk to the night life and bars. The room was lovely and gave us wonderful views of the pool and beach.

We ate the buffet breakfast every morning which was out of this world - offering loads of options - our favourites were the fresh juices that they would make for us on request and freshly cooked eggs (any style you want) Patrick the Irish chef even made me perfectly boiled eggs even though they were not on the menu! The staff were all very friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Special thanks has to go to Patrick the chef - for going the extra mile and being so friendly and also to Ralston who got us our coffee and juice with a big welcome and a smile every day :-)

Thank you for making the start of our road trip vacation so special - we would recommend staying at the Lowes and will definitely be going back there when we visit again!

Andrew and Shar xx

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sharon J,
We are so thrilled that you had a fantastic experience at our hotel. Your feedback and kind words thrust us forward towards seeking perfection. We want all guests to enjoy their time, feel welcome throughout their stay, and simply relax and enjoy all that Loews and South Beach have to offer. You sure were able to enjoy all of the fine amenities of our hotel and we are glad to hear you were satisfied with your experience. Again we thank you for sharing your experience with us, and will be sure to pass on the positive feedback to all related departments. We look forward to welcoming you back again so that you can experience our new amenities such as Lure Fish Bar and SOAK Daybeds and Cabanas.
Lindsay, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Upon arrival we were greeted by terrific staff who made us feel a both pampered and important. Our room was spotless with a view of the ocean. The location could not be better... One block south is Ocean Drive home to wonderful dining and clubs. One block north is Lincoln home to a wonderful assortment of shops and dinning. And of course out the back door is the ocean, south beach itself and the board walk. Our first night though we learned that the walls are certainly not sound proof. We woke Monday at 5:45 am to a prostitute yelling at her John in the hall way outside our room. Someone obviously called security because it was not long before they cleared the hall and had it under control. A couple nights later we were awakened three times in the night by drunks banging up and down the hall and found the walls had been damaged and drywall on the floor in the morning. Again not at all what we expected from this caliber of hotel. We stayed for 8 nights the staff was perfect. The hotel was spotless and very well presented. The amenities were awesome however it was too expensive and noisy at night not to feel completely safe!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Dear John K,
Thank you for your review of the Loews Miami Beach Hotel. We pride ourselves on not only offering the highest level of guest service, but on having the most wonderful and dedicated staff, as well as being in the heart of all local attractions and great nightlife in South Beach. Our close proximity to all things is one feature of the hotel that shines and makes us a hot spot in South Beach. We are disappointed to hear about the noise you experience during your stay, but happy that our staff was able to take control quickly of the situation. We have fully trained security personnel on property at all times, and we can assure you that at Loews Miami Beach Hotel you will have be safe and attended to when needed. We hope we can welcome you again soon to our property to that you can experience our new amenities such as Lure Fish Bar and SOAK Daybeds and Cabanas.
Lisbon, Portugal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

Beautiful hotel, with nicely decorated, clean and large.
Comfortable bed, spacious bathrooms, elegant and extremely clean.
Very well located, with a huge swimming pool where you can relax.
Excellent breakfast, although a little expensive in my opinion.
Good food at the poolside restaurant.
Overall, great experience with this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear catarina b,
Thank you for your review of the Loews Miami Beach Hotel. We are thrilled that you enjoyed our rooms and decoration. Our close proximity to all things is one feature of the hotel that shines and makes us a hot spot in South Beach. We hope we can host you again soon!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The Good
Room Partial Ocean View with Balcony, great room with a great view
Location -Great, right on the beach and steps from great restaurants.
Pool- was good size, very kid friendly but the pool was big enough where groups of singles were hanging out without having children bothering them
Service was great- poolside, beachside, and in the hotel
Food was great
Felt very safe

The Bad
Would rather stay at other hotels if I was single or without a child.
Every time you turn around, you are hit up for more money- you have to pay for internet access and chairs at the beach. I am not surprised because of the location but I feel you pay enough for the room the wifi should be free and beach chairs should be free or cheaper. The service is great so I did not mind that much.

Room Tip: Ocean View even if partial is worth it
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear NYCTri,
Your feedback is appreciated and we are happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay. Our close proximity to all that South Beach has to offer is one of our biggest attributes, and it is the local flair and nightlife that make Miami the destination it is. Loews in general is a family friendly brand as is was built on the principle of encouraging strong family interaction, by a strong family. I can share that we have complimentary Wifi in the lobby and pool area, and we are looking to expand the connectivity to other parts of the hotel.
We are so happy to hear about your overall experience at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, and even more thrilled to hear about the experience with your room view. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy the breathtaking ocean views. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon!
Ada, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I traveled with another couple for a long weekend to South Miami Beach. We were both celebrating anniversaries and decided to go south for some hot weather and swim in the ocean. They had been to this city and hotel before and recommended it so we went along for the ride so to speak. The hotel is right in the midst of everything and directly on the beach! We enjoyed being able to be either on the beach or the wonderful pool area. There is also a trail for running/walking and shops and restaurants galore. The hotel had a nice restaurant area/bar area as well that we enjoyed some live music in one evening or just to watch a ballgame and have a drink. I noticed mostly adults but there were some families there too. The hotel is pricey but it was nice for this occasion. We also had a mini refrigerator brought up to our room for a price of $30 for our 4 night stay. The food was good at the pool or at the beach and we enjoyed many appetizers during the late afternoons. Tips and Taxes are both high and need to be watched so that you are not adding more since they are done automatically.

Room Tip: Luxury suites are corner rooms and they are larger, great views and reduce noise. They are however...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Shari H,
Thank you for such a kind review and for sharing your experience with us. It is feedback like yours that provides us with the drive to keep giving our guests the best quality service and attention possible, while looking for new ways to delight and enhance their experience. We look forward to hosting you again and wish you good days ahead.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I met up with my husband at the Loews for two nights while he was down in Miami for business and wow.... the room was amazing with an amazing ocean view! The bed was extremely comfortable. We usually stay at the Ritz but the Loews is just as amazing with a much friendly, willing to please staff. Everyone in the building greets you with a warm friendly smile! Although I never ate at the restaurant inside (because I chose a restaurant outside the hotel), my husband did and said that it was great.

There is also a very lovely shop inside the hotel called splash full of very cute things that feel very native to Miami! There is an very dapper guy working there called Luis who was so much fun! He helped me pick out clothes for me and individual gifts for my kids. When I mentioned that after my departure from the Loews both my husband and I were going on a little getaway trip to key west, Luis made me a personalized travel guide that he typed himself with side notes of dishes to try in the restaurants he listed. He also listed several shops and places to go see. Although our trip to key west was very short, it was amazing thanks to everything he suggested.

These unexpected gestures are things that one rarely comes across now a days traveling. I know that some reviews complain about the pricing of minute things within the hotel but if you have ever stayed in any hotel of this caliber then you should know what to expect.

My husband and I do not care so much about the cost of things as long as it is lined with great service of which the Loews delivers beautifully. I cannot wait to go back to Miami with my family and personally thank Luis for his amazing gesture that made our latter trip a great experience. Luis and the rest of the staff at the Loews are such a great asset to the hotel. There is no other place for us to stay other than the Loews Miami Beach.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MrsSM75,
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel during your stay. As much as we praise our staff for their exceptional service and dedication, hearing it first hand from a satisfied customer makes it that much better. We take all of our guests needs and expectations seriously, so we are glad to hear that all of your needs were met in your recent stay. Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Been to Loews Miami Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!