“You get what you paid for and keep paying for” 4 of 5 stars

Summer Like a Local
Ranked #29 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“You get what you paid for and keep paying for”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

The Good
Room Partial Ocean View with Balcony, great room with a great view
Location -Great, right on the beach and steps from great restaurants.
Pool- was good size, very kid friendly but the pool was big enough where groups of singles were hanging out without having children bothering them
Service was great- poolside, beachside, and in the hotel
Food was great
Felt very safe

The Bad
Would rather stay at other hotels if I was single or without a child.
Every time you turn around, you are hit up for more money- you have to pay for internet access and chairs at the beach. I am not surprised because of the location but I feel you pay enough for the room the wifi should be free and beach chairs should be free or cheaper. The service is great so I did not mind that much.

Room Tip: Ocean View even if partial is worth it
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Alex T, General Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear NYCTri,
Your feedback is appreciated and we are happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay. Our close proximity to all that South Beach has to offer is one of our biggest attributes, and it is the local flair and nightlife that make Miami the destination it is. Loews in general is a family friendly brand as is was built on the principle of encouraging strong family interaction, by a strong family. I can share that we have complimentary Wifi in the lobby and pool area, and we are looking to expand the connectivity to other parts of the hotel.
We are so happy to hear about your overall experience at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, and even more thrilled to hear about the experience with your room view. I'm glad that you were able to enjoy the breathtaking ocean views. We look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (633)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Ada, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

My husband and I traveled with another couple for a long weekend to South Miami Beach. We were both celebrating anniversaries and decided to go south for some hot weather and swim in the ocean. They had been to this city and hotel before and recommended it so we went along for the ride so to speak. The hotel is right in the midst of everything and directly on the beach! We enjoyed being able to be either on the beach or the wonderful pool area. There is also a trail for running/walking and shops and restaurants galore. The hotel had a nice restaurant area/bar area as well that we enjoyed some live music in one evening or just to watch a ballgame and have a drink. I noticed mostly adults but there were some families there too. The hotel is pricey but it was nice for this occasion. We also had a mini refrigerator brought up to our room for a price of $30 for our 4 night stay. The food was good at the pool or at the beach and we enjoyed many appetizers during the late afternoons. Tips and Taxes are both high and need to be watched so that you are not adding more since they are done automatically.

Room Tip: Luxury suites are corner rooms and they are larger, great views and reduce noise. They are however...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Shari H,
Thank you for such a kind review and for sharing your experience with us. It is feedback like yours that provides us with the drive to keep giving our guests the best quality service and attention possible, while looking for new ways to delight and enhance their experience. We look forward to hosting you again and wish you good days ahead.
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I met up with my husband at the Loews for two nights while he was down in Miami for business and wow.... the room was amazing with an amazing ocean view! The bed was extremely comfortable. We usually stay at the Ritz but the Loews is just as amazing with a much friendly, willing to please staff. Everyone in the building greets you with a warm friendly smile! Although I never ate at the restaurant inside (because I chose a restaurant outside the hotel), my husband did and said that it was great.

There is also a very lovely shop inside the hotel called splash full of very cute things that feel very native to Miami! There is an very dapper guy working there called Luis who was so much fun! He helped me pick out clothes for me and individual gifts for my kids. When I mentioned that after my departure from the Loews both my husband and I were going on a little getaway trip to key west, Luis made me a personalized travel guide that he typed himself with side notes of dishes to try in the restaurants he listed. He also listed several shops and places to go see. Although our trip to key west was very short, it was amazing thanks to everything he suggested.

These unexpected gestures are things that one rarely comes across now a days traveling. I know that some reviews complain about the pricing of minute things within the hotel but if you have ever stayed in any hotel of this caliber then you should know what to expect.

My husband and I do not care so much about the cost of things as long as it is lined with great service of which the Loews delivers beautifully. I cannot wait to go back to Miami with my family and personally thank Luis for his amazing gesture that made our latter trip a great experience. Luis and the rest of the staff at the Loews are such a great asset to the hotel. There is no other place for us to stay other than the Loews Miami Beach.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MrsSM75,
We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel during your stay. As much as we praise our staff for their exceptional service and dedication, hearing it first hand from a satisfied customer makes it that much better. We take all of our guests needs and expectations seriously, so we are glad to hear that all of your needs were met in your recent stay. Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.
Mougins, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Very spacious bedroom and bathroom.

Impeccable in every aspect, amazing service, you are made to feel immediately "at home"; something missing in the room; no problem, a quick phone call and within 5 minutes your request is met. New carpets throughout the hotel.

The one thing that shocked me, were the dirty windows !! The A/c was very noisy.

Breakfast was better in the room than at the buffet. Do NOT have breakfast at the central breakfast/coffee centre...you pay for each item...and the bill adds up very quickly, whereas it's actually cheaper in your room....or actually outside in one of the many nearby coffee shops.

Car valet service impeccable as was the security in & out of the various parts of the hotel.

I stayed in the 2nd tower which was originally another hotel that Loews bought next door. I had asked to be on a high floor as I had heard/read that the 2nd tower was less noisy, especially the higher floor the floor was situated on in comparison to the main hotel. It was very quiet.
However if you want a room with a view of the ocean, you need to be in Tower 1 which is the only tower that has balconies with sea views, but have less modern and smaller rooms. Tower 2 will give you a glimpse of the sea if you wretch your neck enough....

The pool is very pleasant, but quite small, and at certain times of year, notably school holidays, it can be difficult to find a space. Once again service round the pool is perfect, and staff were constantly bringing little nibbles, or ice cream...& even sun screen.

I was surprised that you had to pay to go onto the private beach of the hotel, fortunately for me, I found South Beach totally lacking in beauty or charm.

Well situated for shopping, if you are able to walk for miles.

The restaurants in the hotel were excellent. Notably the Japanese, however I will go into this in the restaurant section.

Room Tip: See above for preferences. However, personally I would never go back to Miami again....there are fa...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Ceejayrose,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience to our hotel. Everyday we strive to deliver better service and it is your feedback that allows us to improve. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay. I can assure your that your experience is not a usual occurrence and we will be sure to bring your concerns to the attention of our housekeeping department. Despite a few minor hiccups, we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to hosting you again!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

If you want to stay in a property on South Beach that has it all, look no further! Outstanding staff, well appointed rooms, an incredible pool and just a hop, skip and a jump to the beach, what more could you ask for? Make it a point to have a few drinks at the Hemisphere Lounge and to hear some of what is surely the best live music in Miami. For the ultimate in relaxation, rent a poolside cabana that includes your own television along with an extensive assortment of fruits and drinks...a great way to spoil yourself. Beautifully landscaped with classic south Florida architecture, this hotel just adds another gem into the Loews crown of providing exceptional properties with fantastic amenities.

Room Tip: We've had both ocean and city views, both are equally beautiful.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Alex T, General Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear FLDMFan,
Your feedback is much appreciated. Thank you for joining us during your recent visit to Miami. We are thrilled to have had you as our guest, and thank you for sharing your thoughts about our hotel and your stay. It sounds like you enjoyed yourself and everything the Loews Miami Beach have to offer. From our outstanding staff, to the room, incredible pool, Hemisphere Lounge, even our poolside Cabana and Daybed and more...there is always something to do at our hotel. From the sound of it you were able to experience it all in this one visit, but we hope you will join us again to try our newly added Lure Fishbar. It is the current gem of our hotel and we look forward to hearing all about it from you!
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2013

Traveling to Miami there are so many options of where to stay, but hands down the Loews hotel is the crème de la crème! Visiting from the North on a girls weekend we were ready for some fun in the sun and the Loews staff made our weekend absolutely incredible. The amenities are top-notch, the rooms are gorgeous, the pool is hip and I really cannot say enough about how amazing the staff is!! I cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Alex T, General Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Alyson C,
We are happy to hear that you and your girls were catered to accordingly. We make sure that as our guests enjoy the hot and sunny Miami weather, they enjoy our amenities! It sounds like you had a wonderful experience and our team took great care of you. We definitely look forward to hosting you and your girls again in the near future!
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

This is the only hotel I will stay in when I go to Miami. The rooms are very nice, the service is outstanding, and the well-kept spacious grounds create a wonderful world of its own in the middle of South Beach. The pool and poolside bar area is second to none, and every amenity you could want is available on premises. And then there's the beach, which is absolutely gorgeous. Ask for a suite with a sitting area and a balcony for even more value.

Room Tip: The suites with sitting areas and a balcony are the best choices.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear mrpbarw2,
Thank you for your kind review! We pride ourselves of providing a 4-diamond AND MORE experience to our guests and constantly looking for new ways to delight them. You are right, our hotel is in the perfect location (An "Oasis in South Beach" as you said) to local hot spots like Lincoln Road, Ocean Drive and the Art Deco District. We hope you were able to enjoy all that South Beach has to offer. We thank you for sharing your experience with us and look forward to hearing about your many more happy stays at the Loews Miami Beach hotel.

Been to Loews Miami Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!