“This place is no good!!!” 1 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Ranked #37 of 200 hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Cliffside Park, New Jersey
“This place is no good!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Upon arrival my initial impression was that this establishment was going to exceed my expectations. The lobby is beautiful and the pool area is great! The proximity to the beach and Lincoln Road is excellent!! However, when I entered my room, it was filthy. The bathroom smelled like urine; the toilet was on par with the toilets at Port Authority in New York City. Only a bum could possibly give this place a 5 star rating. McDonald's on Lincoln Road keeps there bathrooms in better shape than Loews. The doors were dusty. There were hairballs under the armoire and I'm almost embarrassed to mention this; there were pubic hairs in the towels. Carpets definitely need to be replaced.

For those families with kids that are seeking a quick hop to Miami Beach; please note that a couple of guests were smoking marijuana on the balconies. Not very family friendly if you ask me.

Finally, It wouldn't hurt to train or replace the cleaning staff. FYI - I was on the 12th floor.

P.S: It costs $45 to rent an umbrella and two chairs on the beach. $150 to rent a cabana beach lounger. It would cost this establishment nothing to keep the beach area clean and make the guests experience priceless (FYI-you'll find cigarette butts, spoons, Loews cups, wrappers, etc.)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Alex T, General Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Dear Berto Z

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your recent experience to our hotel. Everyday we strive to deliver better service and it is your feedback that allows us to improve. Please accept my apology for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay. I can assure your that your experience is not a usual occurance and we will be sure to work on the areas that need attention. If you wish to discuss your experience futher, please do not hesitate to contact my office at 305-604-5452 or email my assistant at aamaya@loewshotels.com

3,026 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (489)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Hotel itself is amazing. Great location, right on the beach. Free wifi in the room would have been nice. For what you pay to stay there, they could at least throw that in. :) upon checkout, we noticed that our bill was significantly higher than it should be. They were trying to charge a rate that was much higher than we'd booked at. Luckily, we had an email with proof of the rate. They fixed it immediately, but what if we hadn't double checked? One of the beds also had a stained sheet (yellow). Gross. Housekeeping fixed this but still... I personally loved the breakfast "banana split". Yogurt, and tons of fresh fruit. Yum.

Room Tip: Main tower for sure
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Dear LGH_12,

We appreciate you taking the time to inform us of your experience with the Loews Miami Beach Hotel. Delivering exceptional service is our top priority and we would like to apologize if the service provided to you during any point in your stay was anything less than that. In regards to your bedsheets being stained, our Housekeeping staff has been advised to better inspect each and every room more thoroughly so it is in perfect condition for each of our guests. Also, I would like to apologize if you were not originally charged at the appropriate rate, thankfully you realized and it was corrected immediatly. Despite these incidents, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed breakfast banana split and overall you had a good trip. Thank you for staying at the Loews Miami Beach and we hope to see you again soon!
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

From when i walked in to ask about rates and rooms to check out it was an excellent stay with no real concerns. Naming a few, Stephanie on reception, Ellie concierge, Nick valet, Marigou, bell, these are the people who make a business become personal service. Smiles all the way, only niggles, room cleaning did not wash the used glasses and when my daughter dropped something under the sofa and I moved it there was a lot of dust and dirt underneath.

Room was excellent, corner suite on 14th floor, great view, balcony, quiet and comfortable. Although located in the centre of SoBe where there are many nearby restaurants the hotel cold do with more choice especially as it rained a lot and we did not want to go out too much.

Dear johne999a,

We appreciate your feedback and thank you for staying at our hotel during your recent vacation. Our local flair and energetic staff bring the spirit of Miami into each guest experience and they truly work to ensure your stay is comfortable and enjoyable. We are glad to hear that Stephanie on reception, Ellie in concierge, Nick in valet, and MarigouIt helped to make your experience and even better one. Furthermore, I apologize that your room was not properly cleaned, I will relay the message to our housekeping department and we will make sure that it is well kept. We thank you again for your review and for joining us, and hope there will be many more visits to come in the near future!
Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Very nice hotel. I stayed in the main building and the rooms were large with lots of drawer space, a desk and a balcony with an ocean view. Bathroom was also very nice, but note that there was no bathtub. No big deal for me, but worth consideration if you're bringing small children. I've stayed in rooms in the annex building, and remember a big claw foot tub, but it's been a while since then, so I don't know for sure if those are still there or not. The rooms have a big TV, safe, Keurig coffee maker and a mini bar. Bathrooms have one sink, hairdryer, makeup mirror and plenty of toiletries (but no shower cap). Hallways can be a bit noisy at night, and the walls between rooms are thin. Not an issue for me, but if you're a light sleeper, it's something to keep in mind.
The big selling point of this hotel, in my opinion, is the location. You're about 1/2 mile, maybe less, from the heart of the South Beach scene on Ocean Blvd, and just a few blocks from the Lincoln Road mall, where you can get some of the best people watching in the world. The pool area in the Lowes is a high point as well, and you have beach access directly from the pool. Cabanas are available to rent, but that's a little too high end for me, so I can't comment on their value. Poolside service is readily available, but expensive, but sometimes an $18 sangria is just worth it. Valet parking at $40 per night is a drag, but there is a parking structure right across the street on 16th that costs about 1/2 the price. If you do valet, I would suggest calling for your car a good 20 minutes before you need it, even though they say it only takes 10.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Alex T, General Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear soapandco,

Your feedback is appreciated and we are happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay. Our close proximity to all that South Beach has to offer is one of our biggest attributes, and it is the local flair and nightlife that make Miami the destination it is. Despite a few downs about your recent visit, we are so grateful that you joined us, and we hope to host you again for an even better experience. We are glad that you got to enjoy your ocean view, balcony and even sangrias, just to name a few.Thank you again for your feedback, and we look forward to seeing you soon.
Ramsbottom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

We booked 2 premium rooms (family of 4), although I'd requested if they could be near each other, there was 5 floors difference, however it was sorted the next day, then the rooms were a few doors apart. The rooms are lovely and quite spacious, very clean. The pool area, lobby and beach again, very nice. The staff are very helpful and courteous. As with most hotels, it's always expensive eating in them, it doesn't help when there is a 20% surcharge!!! However that is not just the hotel, all restaurants we ate at seemed to have this policy. (Did not use the spa, hence no rating).

Dear sally087,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Loews Miami Beach Hotel. Delivering exceptional service is our top priority and It seems you had a bit of a hiccup with the room locations, however you felt our staff was accommodating at the end of the day. I Would like to apologize for the inconvenience during your stay.However, it seems like you did enjoy yourself at the beach and the pool, along with the restaurants in-house and around South Beach. We are glad that overeall you had an enjoyable experience. We hope to see you again soon!
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have stayed at the Lowes many times over the years. It is one of the best locations you can ask for as it has direct beach access, no need to pack a bag/ cross the street. It is near food, shopping, coffee shops, good bakery one block north on Collins, (La Provance) friendly staff, great pool, comfortable beds. It seems on the pricey side but rooms are quiet with cable, movies on demand, good room service. Wifi is an extra 15 bucks a day in your room, should be free as this is a more expensive hotel, but its free in the lobby if you don't mind schlepping down there.
Overall my favorite hotel in Miami for convenience and comfort.

Room Tip: if you want ocean facing be sure to specify, you can get an ocean view where you have to go out to b...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear MissT715,

We appreciate your review of the hotel and are happy to hear that you enjoyed the property, its close proximity to all that South Beach has to offer, our staff and the general warmth and quality service that is standard at the Loews. We feel our employees best represent what it is we offer at our hotel, that is a four-diamond and MORE attitude towards exceeding guest expectations and a uniquely local flair in all we do. Also, Loews is one of the very few hotels to provide free wi-fi, although it is only in the lobby. Your feedback is what keeps us on our toes, constantly looking for new ways to enhance the guest experience, so again we would like to thank you for your review of the hotel and for sharing your experience with us.

We hope to see you again soon!
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I am usually a loyal customer of the Loews Miami Beach, but my last experience at this hotel totally turned me off. I stayed at the Loews for my big 40th Birthday and my new birthday dress with the tags still on it from Bloomingdales was stolen from my room. Not only was it stolen from my room my new dress was taken out of my zipped luggage. It is so scary to realize that the hotel staff is actually riffling through your luggage. Who would think hotel staff would steal your clothing, how horrific. Another, scary fact is that one of the female staff commented on how nice my clothing was when I left my room. The scam is the thief will try to steal something inconspicuous, so you will not notice until you get home. But, in my case I brought the dress to wear on a specific day, it was in my luggage one day and gone the next day. The only person sharing my room was my husband and I am sure he did not take my dress. I read other reviews about stolen items from the Loews Miami Beach, but did not want to believe this would happen at a luxury hotel chain. Unfortunately, I was mistaken. The manager gave me a credit for my dress and stated they would investigate, but this does not negate the fact that someone went through my zipped luggage and stole my clothing.
If you book a room at this hotel, please take extra precaution to ensure the safety of your items. Or better yet Do Not Stay at the Loews Miami Beach.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Rochips,
Allow me to start of by wishing you a Happy Birthday again, on behalf of Loews Miami Beach. Unfortunately, your experience with us was not a pleasant one. I extend my sincere apology to you, and I can understand why even the credit for your new birthday dress does not compensate with the fact that you were not able to wear it on your special night. As you are aware, we are conducting serious investigations on this matter and you must know that it will not be taken lightly. Here at the Loews we pride ourselves in offering friendly and efficient customer service and we go the extra mile to make sure that our guests have a memorable experience. Again, I apologize for this incident and if you would like to discuss it directly, please do not hesitate to contact me at (305) 604- 5456. We would like to have you here again soon, as you are a loyal customer and your loyalty is dear to us.

Been to Loews Miami Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!