“great value, location, comfy beds” 5 of 5 stars

Free Beverages!
Ranked #33 of 202 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“great value, location, comfy beds”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

I have stayed at the Lowes many times over the years. It is one of the best locations you can ask for as it has direct beach access, no need to pack a bag/ cross the street. It is near food, shopping, coffee shops, good bakery one block north on Collins, (La Provance) friendly staff, great pool, comfortable beds. It seems on the pricey side but rooms are quiet with cable, movies on demand, good room service. Wifi is an extra 15 bucks a day in your room, should be free as this is a more expensive hotel, but its free in the lobby if you don't mind schlepping down there.
Overall my favorite hotel in Miami for convenience and comfort.

Room Tip: if you want ocean facing be sure to specify, you can get an ocean view where you have to go out to b...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Alex T, General Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Dear MissT715,

We appreciate your review of the hotel and are happy to hear that you enjoyed the property, its close proximity to all that South Beach has to offer, our staff and the general warmth and quality service that is standard at the Loews. We feel our employees best represent what it is we offer at our hotel, that is a four-diamond and MORE attitude towards exceeding guest expectations and a uniquely local flair in all we do. Also, Loews is one of the very few hotels to provide free wi-fi, although it is only in the lobby. Your feedback is what keeps us on our toes, constantly looking for new ways to enhance the guest experience, so again we would like to thank you for your review of the hotel and for sharing your experience with us.

We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (541)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

I am usually a loyal customer of the Loews Miami Beach, but my last experience at this hotel totally turned me off. I stayed at the Loews for my big 40th Birthday and my new birthday dress with the tags still on it from Bloomingdales was stolen from my room. Not only was it stolen from my room my new dress was taken out of my zipped luggage. It is so scary to realize that the hotel staff is actually riffling through your luggage. Who would think hotel staff would steal your clothing, how horrific. Another, scary fact is that one of the female staff commented on how nice my clothing was when I left my room. The scam is the thief will try to steal something inconspicuous, so you will not notice until you get home. But, in my case I brought the dress to wear on a specific day, it was in my luggage one day and gone the next day. The only person sharing my room was my husband and I am sure he did not take my dress. I read other reviews about stolen items from the Loews Miami Beach, but did not want to believe this would happen at a luxury hotel chain. Unfortunately, I was mistaken. The manager gave me a credit for my dress and stated they would investigate, but this does not negate the fact that someone went through my zipped luggage and stole my clothing.
If you book a room at this hotel, please take extra precaution to ensure the safety of your items. Or better yet Do Not Stay at the Loews Miami Beach.

• Stayed July 2013
Dear Rochips,
Allow me to start of by wishing you a Happy Birthday again, on behalf of Loews Miami Beach. Unfortunately, your experience with us was not a pleasant one. I extend my sincere apology to you, and I can understand why even the credit for your new birthday dress does not compensate with the fact that you were not able to wear it on your special night. As you are aware, we are conducting serious investigations on this matter and you must know that it will not be taken lightly. Here at the Loews we pride ourselves in offering friendly and efficient customer service and we go the extra mile to make sure that our guests have a memorable experience. Again, I apologize for this incident and if you would like to discuss it directly, please do not hesitate to contact me at (305) 604- 5456. We would like to have you here again soon, as you are a loyal customer and your loyalty is dear to us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013 via mobile

Our first encounter was Joseph Gratten@ the valet and he made a very positive impression and set the tone of our stay. He comes off very genuine going way above and beyond the call of duty followed by a smile that is contagious!!! The very BEST for the job! Followed by Billy the bellman and Engin@ the pool you are in for a very pleasant experience and good conversations that are tasteful with regards to timing and delivery. These staff members really make for a great overall experience and add to the atmosphere. They make you feel welcome and at home and being in the service industry myself one really couldn't ask for a better experience and/or expertise!

• Stayed July 2013
Dear sharreyn,
Thank you for your review of your recent stay at the Loews Miami Beach Hotel. Delivering exceptional service is our top priority and we are elated to hear that you received just that. We will make sure to recognize Joseph Gratten and Billy the bellman for making adding the extra touch to your experience. At Loews Miami Beach, you are at home, we are glad to have had you here and we hope you return "home" soon.
Atlanta, GA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

My best friend and I were in for a treat staying at the Loews this weekend. It was our first time in Miami and could not have asked for anything more. The location, the views, the rooms, the pool, spoiled us from the second we stepped in to the lobby all the way up to the moment we had to leave. I cant thank you enough for the experience. But, I truly wanted to point out that even though there are a lot of beautiful aspects to the property that make for a wonderful stay, the selling point for me are the amazing people that are working throughout. One of the first impressions that greeted us and one that simply set the tone for the entire stay was Joseph G.; Valet. His genuine and helpful attitude stuck with us throughout our stay and really made us feel special, so A Huge Thank You to him. Also, Billy the Bellman, so knowledgeable and again genuine, making us feel welcomed; Engen at the pool was super sweet and was great and informative. I truly hope that this gets back to these three Awesome team members in some way because for me they represent why others should make Loews their destination. :)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Ashley R,
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Your feedback is much appreciated and we couldn't be happier that you found everything from our staff, hotel amenities and service to be exceptional. Our guests are our number one priority, and we hope that your great experience will bring you back again. I will let Josph G., Billy, and Engen know that they added a special touch to your experience and helped to make it memorable. Thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to having you with us soon.
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

First time here and OMG! customer service is amazing. As soon as you get there they make you feel like you are home. I booked through the summer sale they had going on 40% off and it still came out to $300/night with the price of the valet included (which is 40 overnight plus tax) way over priced. I also booked a deluxe room with 2 beds by mistake and the lady that helped us noticed we were a couple and upgraded us to a deluxe suite :) very nice of her!

Pros: customer service, pool, room was so comfy very clean, close to the beach, the hotel itself is beautiful.
Cons: overpriced valet, food and drinks (its better to go out around the hotel to eat and drink) and housekeeping ( I didn't get the room clean until my last night there. I understand they want to save with the towels but the bed should be done everyday at least).

Would definitely come back and would totally recommend!

Room Tip: ocean view..breath taking!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear oda2992,

Your feedback is very important to us, and we thank you for sharing it with us so we can learn from our guests and work towards improving in all areas. We are sorry to hear that your room was not cleaned and your sheets were not changed. We do our best to encourage change in any way we can improve, so I have passed your information along to our house keeping team so they can look into that. You mentioned that meals and drinks were pricey, we are aware that sometimes these can be a bit pricey, for that, we do have coupon booklets in the lobby that provide great savings on our in-house restaurants. Although there were some downs about your stay we are glad that you are planning on joining us again, and we will work on improving those services to make your next stay even better! Thank you again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Frankfurt, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

Free wifi in the lobby, one of the only hotels who doesn't actually make you pay for wifi!
The food was great, we especially loved the sushi bar!
We were on the 15th floor with beach view and it was amazing!
Rooms very clean and nice. Bathrooms very nice too.
And obviously the location is GREAT! Right on south beach (a nice one too) and surrounded by many shops, all reachable by foot.
Employees were kind and helpful.
All in all we really enjoyed our stay in Miami at Loews hotel. Definitely worth the money.

Room Tip: We were on the 15th floor with beach view and it was amazing.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Dear Olivia B,

Thank you for your review and for sharing your recent experience with us. You mentioned that you found our hotel to be an ideal location, and you are right. Loews is in the heart of South Beach minutes to the American Airlines Arena, Adrienne Arsht Center, steps from Lincoln Road shopping and restaurants, various museums, Ocean Drive and other landmarks and attractions that make South Beach the gem it is. We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our Sushi SoBe. Our wi-fi in the lobby is defenetily a guest favorite and we love that you took advantage of it during your stay.
Thank you again for your feedback! We are so happy that you joined us for your getaway and hope to welcome you back again soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

I stayed during the July 4th Holidays when it was a lot of traffic in and out of Miami as well as the hotel. The hotels Decor, Food, ambiance and accommodations had exceeded any preconceived idea I may have had. The Rooms were spacey and immaculately clean, I was very surprised due to the size of the hotel I figured it may be dusty or something but no immaculate. From Check in to Checkout my stay was Amazing, the one staff member at the hotel that made my stay Above Amazing was the Front Desk associate Brenda!! Brenda corrected an issue we had with our room type, any question or item we may have needed from the hotel she made sure we were taken care of in a matter of minutes. Brenda treated us like we were celebrities it was nothing she didn't take care of for us. Would I come to Miami and stay at Loews again?? I definitely will no question about it. Miami ill definitely see you and Loews soon.

Room Tip: Ask for a Oceanfront or Oceanview Room. 5th through the 10th floor have perfect views of Ocean and S...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Alcestis W,
What kind words and compliments you have paid us. Thank you for sharing how you feel and your recent experience with us. We believe in quality customer service and going beyond what is standard to ensure each and every guest feels special, catered to and a part of the family. It warms my heart to know that you were treated like a "celebrity", because that is how you should be. You are a Loews "celebrity' . We are so glad that Brenda took care of everything and made sure that your stay was beyond your expectations.

We thank you again for your kind review and we look forward to having you again soon!

Been to Loews Miami Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!