“Glad we picked this hotel in South Beach!” 4 of 5 stars

Eat, Drink. Our Treat!
Ranked #33 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
clarence, NY
“Glad we picked this hotel in South Beach!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Our family was heading to a cruise and needed a one night stay in South Beach. I poured over every website to find a spot that accepted children, was safe, up to date and was in a great location. After hours online, I picked Loews. It was the perfect choice! The location was ideal. It was walking distance to great shopping and restaurants in South Beach. And it was right on the beach! Everyone was very excited with the hotel. The pool was great. The hotel facilites were wonderful. The rooms were good too...not the best I've seen,....but compared to alot of the properties in South Beach, they were perfect for us.
Being on the ocean was definitely a plus! The beach walkway is right there to enjoy the view.
We have stayed in other hotels in South Beach and would pick Loews again.

Room Tip: Try for an ocean view.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Sean C, Hotel Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Dear lkfrey,

We appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience with us. It is nice to know you chose our property by doing a search to find a hotel matching all of your criteria. When you plan a vacation the last thing you want to do is settle for less than you desire and deserve, which is why we here at the Loews Miami Beach aim to constantly provide our guests with all they will need to enjoy their stay and have everything in one place.

That being said, we hope you were able to enjoy our SoBe Kids Camp located in the St. Moritz tower. Our team is dedicated to ensuring that both the parents and children enjoy everything our luxury resort has to offer. While mom and dad are relaxing at the spa or lounging by the pool, our team entertains and educates little ones with fun and interactive games and activities. If you didn't get to try it this time, we hope to have you back so you can experience the joy of SoBe Kids Camp!

Thank you again for your feedback, it is very valuable to us. Looking forward to welcoming you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (519)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I spent two weeks in this hotel with a family of four, and although the hotel indeed looks majestic outside, it's merely a three-four star complex when all things are considered. Let me explain and elaborate a bit.

In short: nice pool, great location, and during the weekends use their valet parking if the nearby $20 per 24 h park house is full.

When we arrived, we were totally exhausted due to long flight, and I decided to ask for a room that's quiet and peaceful - I even offered my credit card to have it upgraded with a view to the beach. They upgraded it, yes, with a $640 tag, but the room wasn't too quiet: behind the wall there was a freight elevator (or something) that woke us up every morning at 6 AM. Sometimes the meooowWHIRRRmeoow woke us up several times per night. It wasn't a public elevator, that's for sure: they were 30 meters away. After the first night I asked for a relocation - not possible. Did that after a few days: not possible. We bought ear plugs and the rest of us slept well, whereas I didn't. The service alley right next to the hotel caused some beep-beep-beeping reversing truck noises, too, not to mention the building right up the Collins Ave - it happened to have dozens of cooler fans on its roof... Well, at least we didn't miss the nice sunrises. ;-)

The Preston's (the restaurant, that is) was supposed to be a really nice breakfast restaurant, according to some reviews. Turned out it wasn't. Instead it was a very clumsy version of a posh-y restaurant that tried a bit too hard. You want water? Ask for it. Want anything? Ask for it. And wait. And pay the premium, with full gratuity added. Even though I'm not a fan of grab-your-stuff buffet á la Thailand resorts, that would've been a much easier and flexible choice instead of this. We ate there only one breakfast, then used the surrounding nice cafeterias for our morning feasts.

What must be said is that the people working there seem to have nice smiles on their faces, and each time I had to use concierge services, the dude was awesome with his tips. Also, I've never encountered more friendly cleaning women.

The pool area is a clear plus - just prepare to wait for a sunbed if you're not an early bird. You could take advantage of their fabulous Soak section too, but that comes with an extra cost.

About extra costs... just about everything costs extra, you can't escape that anywhere in this part of the world. My both children had to have prescription antibiotics due to the flight flu, and they were supposed to be kept refrigerated. I asked whether it would have been possible to use the room fridge for that - but it wasn't. Instead, they asked me for $30 for what sounded like a separate fridge (or probably they'd just open the door of the room fridge and take away the booze). I would've paid otherwise, but I was a bit bitter about the room and the noise, so instead I grabbed new set of ice every morning and kept the antibiotics refrigerated in an ice bowl. The kids were ok by the end of the holiday, so... :-D

Also, there are two bottles of Fiji water in the closet. At seven (7) dollars each they seemed like legal robbery, especially, when the same bottles could be bought at the corner Walgreens for 2.40... hey, it's not who asks, it's who pays.

It seems that they're willing to profile themselves as a business hotel, since quite a few white collar business showcase gatherings were held both in the ballroom and the pool area during the two weeks we spent there. The pricing and the clumsiness probably don't cause any fuss to them, especially if the hotel bill is paid by your company. Loews has a similar feeling to it than what some malls have: in reality it's a staged set, but behind the setting there's just an average chain hotel with a nice pool area and a great location.

One thing: don't use the valet parking unless the weekend prices kick in at the 16th street park hotels. You can put your car in a parking house for $16-$20 per 24 hrs, but sometimes (during the Ultra Music Festival) the surrounding parking houses quadrupled their prices, making Loews's valet probably the cheapest in town.

It was a good experience, after all: During our stay there I did some research among the neighbouring hotels, and that assured me there are MUCH better alternatives right behind the corner. Please use your search engines. And have your breakfasts at Front Porch Cafe.

Room Tip: Forget the service alley side (left side when seen at the front, right when seen from the beach) and...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Alex T, General Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Dear P3tr1,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback regarding your recent stay. We take your comments very seriously and it is from your feedback that we learn what areas we can improve as well as the areas that are benefiting our guest.
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Loews during the WMC week and unlike the rest of the beach front hotels there were no crazy pool parties going on so we were able to visit them and have a good time but came back for a nice quiet rest at our hotel. It is more grown up than the other hotels, great for families or couples wanting some quiet time.
The rooms are spacious - we had a corner king, and there was everything you might need plus it was really clean and looked after - more so than other big Sober hotels I've been to.
The pool was also fab - very big and with great service and snacks around it - my only complaint is that the sunbeds are very cosy next to each other and it gets busy so it's best to get there early. Sun worshippers get the best all day sun on the lawns, not right by the pool as the sun goes behind palm trees. Having said that every hour there is complimentary something - be it Evian misting, tanning oil or ice pops and flavoured crushes so we felt very looked after.
Breakfast is standard price for a big hotel but I thought the nearby bars were better value - having said that if you are the type that wants a bit if everything for breakie then they have it. The smoothies are amazing!
One watch out is the service which unlike other states I have visited us added to your bill for your convenience - so if you thought the service was less than satisfactory you have to deduct but this seems true of most Sobe establishments. I would have liked a little more attention for the doormen but the waiters and pool staff were very attentive.
Overall I would go back again - it was a great haven away from the parties and I felt really at home there.

• Stayed March 2013
Alex T, General Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear LovetoshopLondon,

I am glad to hear that you had a peaceful stay and enjoyed many of our pampering amenities. The hecticness of South Beach during the Winter Music Conference can get overwhelming and I'm delighted to know we were able to provide you with a serene and relaxed stay. We thank you for your feedback and look forward to seeing you in the near future.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We were able to get away to the Loews for a few days. Our last trip it was full so we stayed at the Ritz instead. The location of the Loews is perfect for us. We love that it is within walking distance of great restaurants and shopping. It was a little chillier this time so we only got one day by the pool.
Omar at the front desk was amazing. We were in a room with double beds and he was able to get us an ocean front room with a beautiful view with a king bed like we wanted. He was very kind courteous and professional. He even checked with us later during our stay to make sure that everything was going well. He is a true asset to the Loews.
My one complaint was that when I came to buy a bagel in the bar area they had already packed everything up and closed before noon. They were supposed to be open but claimed that they weren't busy. You can't close before your advertised time even if you aren't busy in my opinion.
We look forward to being in Miami again and will probably continue to stay at the Loews.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Sean C, Hotel Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Becki399,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your recent stay with us and even more for your continuous loyalty throughout the years. Our hotel provides the highest quality of services for our guests and caters to all needs when possible. Our team is dedicated to creating the truly exceptional guest experience that is associated with Loews Hotels and we are pleased to know that for so many years, each time you return, you experience the same quality of service as in the past. It is through constant feedback that we are able to work towards providing better service and amenities to all of our guests, first time or repeat. In regards to your comments about Omar, we are glad you found him accommodating and helpful in ensuring you received what you desired. You are right, he is a true asset to our team and we couldn't be more proud of his contribution to the overall Loews Hospitality. We will be sure to pass your positive words his way. On another note, please accept my apologies for your experience with the breakfast area when you were looking to purchase a bagel. You are absolutely correct in that we should not be closing our facilities until the time advertised. Please rest assured I will be notifying the appropriate department to ensure this does not happen again.

Thank you again for sharing this experience with us, we appreciate your feedback and loyalty and hope to welcome you back soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

The hotel has a fantastic location in South Beach. It is maybe a mile from the busiest part of the strip. The pool area and beach are great. I was there for a conference and wished I had more time outside. Excellent conference facilities. My room was only ok. I could hear conversation in the next room. Maybe I just prefer newer hotels. The staff was very courteous and efficient. You have to pay for the health club but it was very nice. The Art Deco look of the building is cool and very Miami Beach.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jeffrey S,

Thank you for your review of the Loews Miami Beach Hotel. While we are sorry to hear that you found your room to be anything less than spectacular, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed the other facilities, conference space and the close proximity of our hotel to all ofthe South Beach hot spots. You mentioned that you joined us on a conference, and while you may have stayed for work, we are glad that you found time to pull away and enjoy yourself. We find that in South Beach there is always time for fun, and at Loews Miami Beach we have all the tools to make sure you get exactly what you need! It is a pleasure to have had you and we are delighted to hear that our staff was welcoming and accomodating throughout your time with us.

We hope to host your conference again, but even more we hope you will return regardless for a little less work and a lot more relaxation!
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We got the Deluxe Terrace Suite which has a dining table, microwave and 1/2 fridge, queen Murphy bed and pull out full sofa bed, it also includes an attached hotel room, either one with 2 queens or one king. So you have 2 full baths, one room that can be completely private and a huge living area. 2 flat screens in suite, one in the hotel room. It was modern and had a very large patio. We were on the 4th floor and the rate was very good but that is because we had no view at all. We were willing to forego view because we stayed at a beach front condo before the hotel so we had a view earlier in the week and we wanted the space, privacy, and 2 baths. This makes it so much easier to travel with teens and cheaper than 2 hotel rooms. This was a suite package that included free internet, free spa and fitness use, and $50 food and beverage credit each day.

We had very good service, we had a TV issue and it was fixed within 10 minutes with a follow up call, needed a corkscrew and arrived it in minutes, maid service and turndown was timely and very good.

Pool service was good, bar service good and we went to the beach and just took towels and hung out for several hours so we did not rent chairs. I think we saved money because we had snacks from the Walgreens a few doors down, and soda, beer and wine. This can't go to the pool but it was way cheaper to have happy hour in the room. However, the drinks by the pool are large and very good. We also ate breakfast down the street at a little french bakery and we ate the other way at Jerry's Famous Deli. Both had good and inexpensive breakfasts, we usually never use the hotels restaurants as we think they are overpriced and sometimes lack in quality at any hotel.

We loved the valet guys, door people, front desk, and bellmen. All very polite, friendly and helpful. For a large hotel the elevator is prompt and easy, no waiting almost all the time. Grounds and pool are beautiful. Even security is friendly. So I liked it and would give it a very high rating. I did 5 stars because it is doing what it wants to do perfectly.

Dear Jstrickland2,

Exceeding your expectations is our goal- and from your response we are glad we were able to accomplish it. Everyday we strive to deliver better service and it is your feedback that allows us to improve. Thank you and we will be sure to recognize the team members you mentioned.
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We were at the Loews in South Beach the end of January. It was a combination business and pleasure for us. (Mostly business for my husband but pleasure for us both) Although this was probably our 4th trip there I don’t believe I have ever written a review.
Nothing has really changed all these years with the personnel. Naturally there are always new faces but they are all well trained and always personable and helpful. I have never had an issue with the room or in any other area so I can’t address how the staff would handle problem solving. I would expect they would do everything they could to make a guest happy.
Through the years we have utilized almost every aspect of the hotel and it’s always top drawer. Last year we stayed up the street at the Ritz Carlton and although it was also first class in every way, we missed the energy of the Loews. (I am not talking about crowds – just a different vibe that we appreciate.)
We rented a daybed in the new pool area, SOAK, for two days and were very pleased with the experience. Although the cabanas are incredible, we felt the day bed option was better for just the two of us. The friendly and hard working concierges made the day even more enjoyable. I highly recommend this if it at all fits into your budget!
At some point every day during the visit I ate fish tacos from Prestons and I wish I could have one now.
You will most enjoy your time at Loews, South Beach.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear luvtotravelsc,

Thank you for your continued patronage! We pride ourselves in offering friendly and efficient customer service and we are glad that we were able to exceed your expectations every time you stay with us. These postings are vital to our overall level of performance and we want to continue to hear from your in your future visits.

Been to Loews Miami Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!