“Another Miami Getaway” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
New York City, New York
“Another Miami Getaway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

We were able to get away to the Loews for a few days. Our last trip it was full so we stayed at the Ritz instead. The location of the Loews is perfect for us. We love that it is within walking distance of great restaurants and shopping. It was a little chillier this time so we only got one day by the pool.
Omar at the front desk was amazing. We were in a room with double beds and he was able to get us an ocean front room with a beautiful view with a king bed like we wanted. He was very kind courteous and professional. He even checked with us later during our stay to make sure that everything was going well. He is a true asset to the Loews.
My one complaint was that when I came to buy a bagel in the bar area they had already packed everything up and closed before noon. They were supposed to be open but claimed that they weren't busy. You can't close before your advertised time even if you aren't busy in my opinion.
We look forward to being in Miami again and will probably continue to stay at the Loews.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Sean C, Hotel Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Dear Becki399,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your recent stay with us and even more for your continuous loyalty throughout the years. Our hotel provides the highest quality of services for our guests and caters to all needs when possible. Our team is dedicated to creating the truly exceptional guest experience that is associated with Loews Hotels and we are pleased to know that for so many years, each time you return, you experience the same quality of service as in the past. It is through constant feedback that we are able to work towards providing better service and amenities to all of our guests, first time or repeat. In regards to your comments about Omar, we are glad you found him accommodating and helpful in ensuring you received what you desired. You are right, he is a true asset to our team and we couldn't be more proud of his contribution to the overall Loews Hospitality. We will be sure to pass your positive words his way. On another note, please accept my apologies for your experience with the breakfast area when you were looking to purchase a bagel. You are absolutely correct in that we should not be closing our facilities until the time advertised. Please rest assured I will be notifying the appropriate department to ensure this does not happen again.

Thank you again for sharing this experience with us, we appreciate your feedback and loyalty and hope to welcome you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (566)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013 via mobile

The hotel has a fantastic location in South Beach. It is maybe a mile from the busiest part of the strip. The pool area and beach are great. I was there for a conference and wished I had more time outside. Excellent conference facilities. My room was only ok. I could hear conversation in the next room. Maybe I just prefer newer hotels. The staff was very courteous and efficient. You have to pay for the health club but it was very nice. The Art Deco look of the building is cool and very Miami Beach.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Dear Jeffrey S,

Thank you for your review of the Loews Miami Beach Hotel. While we are sorry to hear that you found your room to be anything less than spectacular, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed the other facilities, conference space and the close proximity of our hotel to all ofthe South Beach hot spots. You mentioned that you joined us on a conference, and while you may have stayed for work, we are glad that you found time to pull away and enjoy yourself. We find that in South Beach there is always time for fun, and at Loews Miami Beach we have all the tools to make sure you get exactly what you need! It is a pleasure to have had you and we are delighted to hear that our staff was welcoming and accomodating throughout your time with us.

We hope to host your conference again, but even more we hope you will return regardless for a little less work and a lot more relaxation!
St. Louis, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We got the Deluxe Terrace Suite which has a dining table, microwave and 1/2 fridge, queen Murphy bed and pull out full sofa bed, it also includes an attached hotel room, either one with 2 queens or one king. So you have 2 full baths, one room that can be completely private and a huge living area. 2 flat screens in suite, one in the hotel room. It was modern and had a very large patio. We were on the 4th floor and the rate was very good but that is because we had no view at all. We were willing to forego view because we stayed at a beach front condo before the hotel so we had a view earlier in the week and we wanted the space, privacy, and 2 baths. This makes it so much easier to travel with teens and cheaper than 2 hotel rooms. This was a suite package that included free internet, free spa and fitness use, and $50 food and beverage credit each day.

We had very good service, we had a TV issue and it was fixed within 10 minutes with a follow up call, needed a corkscrew and arrived it in minutes, maid service and turndown was timely and very good.

Pool service was good, bar service good and we went to the beach and just took towels and hung out for several hours so we did not rent chairs. I think we saved money because we had snacks from the Walgreens a few doors down, and soda, beer and wine. This can't go to the pool but it was way cheaper to have happy hour in the room. However, the drinks by the pool are large and very good. We also ate breakfast down the street at a little french bakery and we ate the other way at Jerry's Famous Deli. Both had good and inexpensive breakfasts, we usually never use the hotels restaurants as we think they are overpriced and sometimes lack in quality at any hotel.

We loved the valet guys, door people, front desk, and bellmen. All very polite, friendly and helpful. For a large hotel the elevator is prompt and easy, no waiting almost all the time. Grounds and pool are beautiful. Even security is friendly. So I liked it and would give it a very high rating. I did 5 stars because it is doing what it wants to do perfectly.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Alex T, General Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear Jstrickland2,

Exceeding your expectations is our goal- and from your response we are glad we were able to accomplish it. Everyday we strive to deliver better service and it is your feedback that allows us to improve. Thank you and we will be sure to recognize the team members you mentioned.
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

We were at the Loews in South Beach the end of January. It was a combination business and pleasure for us. (Mostly business for my husband but pleasure for us both) Although this was probably our 4th trip there I don’t believe I have ever written a review.
Nothing has really changed all these years with the personnel. Naturally there are always new faces but they are all well trained and always personable and helpful. I have never had an issue with the room or in any other area so I can’t address how the staff would handle problem solving. I would expect they would do everything they could to make a guest happy.
Through the years we have utilized almost every aspect of the hotel and it’s always top drawer. Last year we stayed up the street at the Ritz Carlton and although it was also first class in every way, we missed the energy of the Loews. (I am not talking about crowds – just a different vibe that we appreciate.)
We rented a daybed in the new pool area, SOAK, for two days and were very pleased with the experience. Although the cabanas are incredible, we felt the day bed option was better for just the two of us. The friendly and hard working concierges made the day even more enjoyable. I highly recommend this if it at all fits into your budget!
At some point every day during the visit I ate fish tacos from Prestons and I wish I could have one now.
You will most enjoy your time at Loews, South Beach.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear luvtotravelsc,

Thank you for your continued patronage! We pride ourselves in offering friendly and efficient customer service and we are glad that we were able to exceed your expectations every time you stay with us. These postings are vital to our overall level of performance and we want to continue to hear from your in your future visits.
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I just spent 5 nights at the Loews hotel on a business trip, my second stay at this hotel. I was much happier this time and found that the staff at the front desk was much more accommodating and friendly. I had asked for a room with a view and got one in Tower 2 which is adjacent to the main hotel, in a smaller, older Deco building. The room had a fabulous view and although not enormous, was a well-sized, overlooking the pool and ocean, with a stylish, compact (though bath-less) renovated bathroom. I was told at check-in on this visit that I had to request a turn-down and having done so on the first night, I had turn-down service every night thereafter. I learned later that I could also have had a newspaper had I requested it. Wifi is expensive in-room but free in the lobby, which in the tower is quieter and very comfortable. The rest of the hotel amenities don't disappoint: the pool is beautiful, the spa looked lovely, although the indoor pool resulted in a slight chlorinated smell to the lobby of the Deco building. The 2 men who looked after the express breakfast area in the lobby were exceedingly cheerful and helpful and supper at the sushi bar was very good, with ultra-prompt service. Everything is fairly pricey, but I guess generally in keeping with the room prices. I honestly did not spend much time at the pool because of my busy schedule and the cooler weather, but I suspect it is still a system where one has to tip generously in order to get a well-positioned lounge-chair.
All in all, the hotel is very conveniently located, with good dining options and friendly staff. I would certainly return.

Room Tip: Call a few weeks in advance of your arrival to remind the staff about special requests, such as room...
Dear coco057toronto,

I am sure you enjoyed escaping the cold weather in Toronto to bask in tranquility at the Loews in Miami Beach. We appreciate your review and feedback regarding your stay, and even more appreciate your loyalty in returning to us for a second time. While your first time at our property should have been nothing less than spectacular, we are glad to hear this second visit sealed the deal and showed you the true Loews Hospitality that all guests deserve and should receive. It is a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your room, with its view and peaceful quiteness being in our boutique Art Deco tower. With its rich history and traditional fixtures, the St. Moritz tower is exceptional and truly a divine piece of the Loews Miami Beach. It seems as though this stay was a delight from check-in to check-out. Our team is highly-trained and dedicated to providing guests with the highest quality service and support around, as you experienced with the ultra-prompt and quality service received in our Sushi Bar and express breakfast area. Here's hoping that each time you return you will feel even more satisifed and serviced than the previous time. We are in the business to create bonds, because at Loews Miami Beach our guests are more than just visitors, they are family.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us, we truly appreciate it and look forward to welcoming you back soon!
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

The staff at thos hotel is excellent! I got the flu while I was In Miami which really was horrible but the staff made me feel as comfortable as possible. The location of this hotel is great! My room was on the 11th floor with a water view and balcony unfortuaneately the room next to me was a family with little kids who made a lit of noise all day. The housekeeping staff was loud in the morning also. I had the do not disturb ligh on but the housekeeping staff started around 7:30am and the talk very loud and play games with each other and have nom respect for visitors who want to sleep in.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear GlennW13,

Thank you for your review of the Loews Miami Beach Hotel. While we are disappointed to hear that the housekeeping staff was loud and disturbed you in the early morning hours, we would like to assure you that the appropriate managers will be notified of this event and we will ensure this does not happen again. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Otherwise, it seems like you had an overall fantastic time despite your having the flu. With a view like that of your room, the flu didn't stand a chance at ruining a perfectly good vacation. Hopefully by now you are in good health and feeling better and will be able to join us again soon for more relaxation and less coughing and sneezing.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us, we truly appreciate it!
Scottsdale, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

This is the Loews on South Beach and the rooms are no more special than a Hampton Inn and Suites. This Loews needs to up its game! The outside of the hotel and the lobby are beautiful, but the rooms are the epitome of average. People pay higher prices to get a higher quality room. This hotel needs to work on that! The rooms were not dirty at all. They were very clean. They could be much nicer though instead of being very average.

Dear Nathan J,

We thank you for taking time out of your busy day to provide us with feedback on your recent stay. If at any time you felt your experience was anything less than exceptional, we apologize. It is our goal to constantly provide the highest quality of service, professionalism, amenities and hospitality throughout our property and to all guests. While you compared our rooms to that of the Hampton Inn and Suites, I assure you our rooms are of a much higher caliber being that we are a luxury resort with a Four Star, Four Diamond rating. We have recently upgraded our bedding to integrate more lavish fixings and hope you will return to try it out for yourself. In regards to the upgrade fee to receive a higher category room, this is industry standard when you book a certain type of room and would like to change it to something of a different view or size. Regardless, all rooms in the hotel are of a luxury quality what with our state-of-the-art amenities and furnishings. Your feedback is very helpful and valuable to us as we constantly look for new ways to improve in all aspects of the hotel.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us, we hope to see you soon!

Been to Loews Miami Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!