“Outstanding luxury in the heart of Miami Beach” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Eat, Drink. Our Treat!
Ranked #35 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Outstanding luxury in the heart of Miami Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

The Lowes Miami Beach is situated in the best possible spot-a few steps south and your on famous Ocean Drive-a few steps north, and your on Lincoln Road, which has great restaurants and high end boutiques. The hotel is great for families looking for a safe fun environment, for couples looking to share quality time or even for singles just looking to relax and be pampered. Whatever the situation the staff will be there to cater to your every need. Service is outstanding-something I require on all my vacations. From the time you arrive until the time you leave, a very pleasant staff of people are there to assist and comfort you. The entire hotel just recently went through an entire makeover and it seems like brand new. The rooms are spacious and I recommend the ocean front grand one bedroom with a king bed. The views from the balcony are spectacular. The hotel just recently built cabanas around the pool called SOAK. If you can spare the money, get one for the day or your entire stay-they are awesome and you will be treated like royalty. I just recently went with my family and will be going back next month. Each time I go the experience gets better and better. If you go several times a year, they give you VIP status and you get your very own coordinator that will respond to your every need. Whether your just on vacation or having a wedding the Loews is the place to be. ENJOY

• Stayed February 2013
Alex T, General Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 27, 2013
Dear Pdcommander,

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback about our hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed our prime location and our world class service. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

3,178 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (508)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This is the perfect location and a great beach. Service is good and price is very fair for South Beach. The pool does get very crowded and the drinks are not as strong as they need to be for the price. They do come around with fun snacks and hotel staff is very good.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear bcoss24,

Thank you for the fair and honest feedback. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I was impressed with Loews from the moment I pulled up. I was greeted kindly and efficiently in front and allowed to check in an hour early by a very kind front desk person. I had read about all the added charges but I was admittedly shocked to find a $25 charge would be added just to use a refrigerator. The luggage guy politely recommended filling the sink with ice if I wanted to chill anything. I had long looked forward to perhaps indulging in room service but it was about $11.00 just to have a small orange juice delivered so I bought out. The hotel breakfast offered with taxes and tip was right around $40 I believe per person which was a bit much for me. The room was spotless and the view of the city wonderful. The pool was truly impressive with a very helpful staff and is deeper than a usual hotel pool which was a joy being tall. The hotel food was a bit expensive for me although the food quality I did enjoy at poolside and see served elsewhere was quite superb. There was a nice restaurant very close to the hotel with $3 dollar Budweiser's and very reasonable food. Checkout was polite and beyond expectations. First I was kindly allowed to stay late. Secondly I could not get my boarding pass printed. Igor at the Concierge desk patiently worked it out for me when the airline did not show I had a ticket! I was panicked but Igor took all the time necessary and after a time on hold got me my boarding pass then stunned me by refusing a ten dollar tip. He said he was happy to help and glad to see me not worry. That's why I'm giving 5 stars, this hotel charges a lot but it also delivers excellent quality. If you can afford it and want a great place with excellent food, service, and a spectacular pool, this is your spot! Thanks Loews!

• Stayed February 2013
Alex T, General Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 3, 2013
Thank you for the warm feedback. We appreciate you taking time to share your experience with us, and hope that we will be seeing you again soon. Warm regards!
Huntington Beach, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have now stayed at this Loews hotel in South beach several times. It is by far my absolute FAVORITE!!! I have stayed at many hotels in the South Beach area and this one is my favorite. It is absolutely gorgeous, has very good rates and is just steps from the beach (literally)!

The pool area is amazing and the food at the restaurant is to die for. Seriously! :)

The staff is soooo accommodating and definately helped us out when we arrived in November and didn't like the original room that we were given. They then went out of their way to upgrade us (for free) to an Ocean View room that we just loved. Not to mention, they sent up a really nice plate of cheese and crackers for our inconvenience!

The spa at Loews was fantastic too!! The cost was only $10 for guests!!! You could soak in the hot bath, steam in one of the steam rooms and there was also a very tranquil low-lit room that you could de-compress in that had tranquil music playing and provided free water (with limes and lemons), bananas and crunchy apples and biscotti biscuits. We ended up going to the spa every day and I am still dreaming about it!

A MUST STAY HOTEL FOR SURE!!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has an ocean view and no other hotels located right outside of your window! :)
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Dear tracidhb,

Thank you for taking the time to share your glowing comments from your recent stay with us. We are truly grateful for your high praise of exceptional service and look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Holiday, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

Location is perfect. We attended the Food Network annual festival just feet away. Lots of kids at Loews compared to others I've stayed at nearby. Emeril visited his resteraunt there! Star studded hotel and event. Rooms were large with nice views. Package upgrade was promsied but sold out and unavailable. Pool service wqas excellent.

Room Tip: if its sold out you will not get the romised upgrade. go for the ocean view even if it is smaller th...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Judi D,

Thank you for your feedback. The South Beach Wine and Food Festival is one of the most fun times of the year. We're glad you had the opportunity to join us for this special event. We appreciate you comments and look forward to seeing you again soon.
Brasilia, DF
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This timewe stay at Loews.Wonderful place to be in south beach.Staying there we don't need a car.We can do everything by walking.
Beautiful hotel amazing rooms and very good spa with a complete gym room.
Breakfast buffet very complete but a little expensive.
Staff very helpful .
Beds very confortable .
Beautiful view at our 18 floor room.
Pool is not warm a little cold but we are in Miami ...always sunny and hot.

Room Tip: Ocean view at a top floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear CAIOMEN,

We apprecaite your comments and will share them with the team. Thank you for your patronage and we look forward to welcoming you back on future stays.
washington, dc
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

My family chose the Loews in South Beach partially for its location, but also over the Ritz and Sagamore because of its reputation of being so family/kid friendly. The location lived up to the hype, but I was a bit disappointed by our overall stay.

First, the positives. The location can't be beat. It's a short walk to all the restaurants/shops on Lincoln, which allows guests the easy option of eating off property. The Aroma Espresso bar that adorns the hotel, but is separate is fantastic. The coffee is great (beats the awful free Keurig provided complementary by the Loews in the rooms), has affordable and healthy breakfast/lunch options. The Loews staff were really nice and professional, especially to the kids, and very responsive to our requests. When we asked for a baby tub, it was at our room in less than 10 minutes. Same with the toys.

We didn't really eat at the hotel, but I was pleased by the kids menu and it's pricing at the pool (for 15 dollars net, my daughter received an entree, two healthy sides, and milk). We were also pleasantly surprised that our room had a nice balcony with views of the ocean.

Now the things I was underwhelmed by. First, given the category of the hotel (4 plus stars), I would expect the rooms to be immaculate. By that I mean no stains (or very few stains on the carpets). Or turndown service (which you have to request) that didn't just throw everything from the beds to the chairs/desks/tv stands. When we returned from dinner after having requested turndown service, we found the beds turned down, but (and maybe this was a joke), there was one of my daughter's diapers (a clean one, thankfully) on the pillows and clothes an other stuff simply thrown on the other furniture? It was pretty sloppy, but more than that, kind of strange.

We stayed here right before the SOBE WFF, thinking we would avoid the extra traffic, but the preparations for the festival took over some of the outside lounge areas for the hotel and the beach area right in front of the loews. There was also some loud construction nearby which we could hear during the day. Both of these things I wish the Loews would have warned us about before our stay.

For a hotel that has such a reputation as kid friendly, I was surprised that most of the rooms in the main wing had no bathtubs. The hotel advertises its Fisher Price closet for toys and books, which when I called to request some toys for my toddler was told the toys were more geared for infants. When we went to the front desk to see if we could borrow some kid books, the concierge told us they didn't have any, but pointed us to their store, where they had some books available for purchase.

Perhaps I'm being a bit pickier than usual, but I believe that the hotel's price point (like the Ritz or Four Seasons), brings with it certain expectations that should be met. I was suprised by the charge for wifi in the rooms. If it's free in one of the restaurant areas, in this day and age, it should be included. Also, for the beach chairs, I understand there is a third party contractor who runs the chair service along the beach, but if Loews is able to work with the company to have its menus placed on all of the chairs, it should be able to work something out so that guests at the "beach resort" don't have to pay $10 dollars per chair at the beach.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear desiblogger,

I regret to learn that your experience was marred by a few issues. However, I was pleased to learn that our team members devliered professional and friendly service throughout your stay. Thank you for your honest and fair feedback. We certainly appreicate you choosing to stay with us and we hope to welcome you back soon.

Been to Loews Miami Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!