“Re: could have been better” 3 of 5 stars

Eat, Drink. Our Treat!
Ranked #33 of 201 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York
“Re: could have been better”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

Was looking forward to treating my sister to a special bday weekend in South Beach including a massage at the Loews. The people at spa services were incredibly disappointing and somewhat rude and belligerent after they informed me that I had never booked the appt. There was a lot of back and forth phone calls but in the end I felt deceived and do not feel the spa was a first class operation. While our room was very nice and spacious our pool experience left us disappointed as well as pool service was impossible to flag down and after trudging to the bar ourselves the staff there was inattentive and busy talking to each other. I expect as a frequent traveller to beautiful hotels and resorts to be made to feel that I am a valued guest. This was not our experience at the bar nor were the drinks we ordered drinkable. How does one screw up a pina coloda? I gave the Loews a shot as friends had recommended it but I would never want to return. My guests and I also felt the beds were not up to the standard that a hotel like the Loews should provide.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Sean C, Hotel Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear faige,

Thank you for your review and for taking the time to share your concerns with us from your recent stay. We are disappointed to hear about your experience at the spa with the way you were treated. I will be sure to personally pass on your comments to our partners at Elemis Spa so that they can ensure this does not happen again.

We were surprised to see your comments in regards to our bedding. Our current Sealy Posturpedic Cushion Press Deluxe mattresses are high-quality and specifically designed for the Hospitality Industry and are in fact the standard for hotels and resorts. That being said, we are happy to announce that we will be upgrading all of our mattresses and boxsprings throughout the hotel in 2013. We hope you will return and offer us a chance to change your mind about the Loews Miami Beach.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (519)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013 via mobile

A long weekend with girlfriends for a combination of relaxation and South Beach partying was our plan and we couldn't have chosen a better hotel! As a group of married and single 30 something gals we were right in the middle of all of the SoBe fun, but could also relax by the pool and beach! The location couldn't be more perfect to walk to most places.

EVERY single staff member I encountered for four whole days could not have been more accommodating, professional or friendly. I was completely astounded by how perfect each and every staff member I encountered, no matter what the capacity, was. We were treated like queens for 4 days straight. Staff members remembered us and also remembered requests we had all 4 days - down to the drink we ordered by the pool and the fact we wanted to be in the sun!

I will recommend this hotel to anyone I know looking for a Miami Beach hotel and can't wait to get back myself!!

• Stayed February 2013
Dear Lindz6380,

A ladies weekend is always fun, especially at Loews when you are surrounded by all of the exciting things South Beach has to offer! It is our pleasure to engage our guests and treat them like the kings, queens, princes and princesses they are. The genuine Loews hospitality shines through our team in the way they interact and offer exceptional quality service to our guests.

You mentioned that you joined us recently on trip with your girlfriends. Coincidentally, every year we have an official Girlfriends Getaway Weekend which includes free fitness classes, happy hours, poolside makeovers, exclusive shopping and nightlife excursions and more. This year it falls on April 26-28, 2013 and will be the girls event of a lifetime. We truly hope you will consider stealing away for another "girls' getaway" and experience the ultimate in luxury vacationing at Loews Miami Beach. We hope to see you there!
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

Five days, four nights of delightful family fun at this very well appointed hotel in the heart of South Beach, Florida. With the weather on our side, it made for as close to perfect an escape as it gets, from a chilly midwest winter. Our two bedroom suite's contemporary decor seemed stark initially, but actually proved to have a subtle, luxurious quality in terms of the remarkably comfortable beds and living room furniture. The gorgeous art glass bowls and vases dotted about the living room added extra ambiance. Especially loved the wall color of warm taupe. Small, but adequate, ocean view terraces presented views of the pool and ocean. Caveat, be prepared for the constant, pulsating music floating up from below. Restaurant food was tasty but the excrutiatingly loud, early evening live music kept us away from more than one dinner there with our three small boys. We ordered lunch every day at the pool and that worked well for us, did room service breakfast, dinners were along Lincoln Mall each evening. Requested a separate small fridge for kid's juices. Bathrooms could use more hooks for hanging wet bathing suits and such, shelves needed on the side of the sink area to keep small hands away from forbidden items. A very kid friendly hotel with many planned games around the pool and a kids camp offered (we did not choose, so can't comment on this). Good kid's menu. Entire staff on their toes every minute, actually seem to like working there! P.S. 20% gratuity added to food and beverage automatically.

Room Tip: Can't go wrong with an ocean view, the higher the better! We were on the tenth floor, ocean fron...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear travelchat,

South Beach is a fantastic winter vacation spot. With our generally consistent 80 degree weather, uniquely local flair and warm sandy beaches, we couldn't imagine relaxing any other way. Your review of your recent experience at the Loews Miami Beach provides us with great insight into how our guests feel about everything from the weather, the rooms, the quality of service and more. Your detailed evaluation is very much appreciated, as it helps us to note every aspect that made your stay that much more personal and exciting. We are constantly looking for new ways to delight our guests and improve in general. Your feedback provides us with that ability.

Thank you so much for the kind review and we hope to be welcoming you and your family back again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This hotel is a great example of what customer service should be. We were greated by friendly valet/bellman staff, had a quick check in, and when taken to our room we were upgraded to an ocean view with balcony. Billy the bellman was such a great first impression of the hotel. He is friendly, informative and helpful! We were visiting for a girls weekend and enjoyed every moment at the hotel. Beds are comfortable, room is clean, view is spectacular. This hotel is great for both fun partying and families! I will definitely return!
A HUGE thank you to Billy for taking SUCH great care of us!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Sean C, Hotel Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Melissa K,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Your feedback helps us to keep up with the things that make our guests happy and returning. Billy truly exemplifies the genuine Loews hospitality, and we appreciate you making note of that in your review. As much as we praise our staff for their exceptional service and dedication, hearing it first hand from a satisfied customer makes it that much better.

We take all of our guests needs and expectations seriously, so we are glad to hear that all of your needs were met in your recent stay. Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I had a great time at this hotel! The service was excellent. We never had to ask for anything extra for the room and the bellman "Billy" took very good care of us! If you go to this hotel make sure you ask for Billy as your bellman :)

Room Tip: Get a balcony! w/ ocean view or partial
Dear Kimberly H,

We love hearing guests feedback about their stay with us, and are just as thrilled to hear that your experience was nothing less than exceptional. Providing a warm welcome and high-quality service is what we pride ourselves on here at the Loews Miami Beach, and the fact that Billy was a prime example of this makes us happy and extremely proud of what a great team we have. We will be sure to pass on your praise to Billy.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to having you back again soon.
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I come down to Miami every January/February and usually stay the Ritz. The prices for advanced booking at Loews were too good to pass up, so we decided to give the hotel a chance. We arrived very late Thursday evening due to a delay with our flight, but upon check-in found that we were given a great room on the 16th floor with a balcony as requested. We were close to the beach side of the hotel with an unbelievable view of both the ocean and the city. There was a piece of cake waiting for me in the room wishing me a happy birthday, a nice touch. As many have said, eating and drinking at the hotel is expensive, they charge for beach chairs, but all of this is well known information going in, so for me there is no reason to complain. My wife enjoyed a great massage at the spa and we enjoyed our time at the beach on Friday.

Saturday we had a reservation at SOAK for a daybed, which is the experience that almost ruined what seemed like was going to be a perfect stay at Loews. SOAK is advertised as an exclusive area of the pool. Per the Loews website “SOAK at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, offers the ultimate, exclusive luxury experience for guests wanting something a little special during their vacation. “ The daybed experience per the site is described as follows: Personalized SOAK Butler Service, Exclusive & designated area Jacuzzi exclusive for the cabana and day bed area, Expanded food menu, wine list offerings and bottle service, Daily amenities, such as; Mojito cart, smoothies, Fruit cart, hourly poolside pampering and more, and Welcome amenity. Furthermore, my reservation email stated “No pets are allowed in the SOAK area. “ Well pretty much all of the above turned out not to be true. Our personalized “butler” came to our bed maybe at best once every 30-40 minutes, really not any better service then we would have received in the regular pool area. The exclusive Jacuzzi constantly had people from the regular pool area coming in because there was no one manning the front of SOAK. They would just walk in and help themselves to the Jacuzzi and would crowd it so that my wife and I had no desire to use it. The mojito cart was non-existent as well as any sort of hourly poolside pampering, expanded food menu, smoothies or fruit cart. We did receive a tray of yogurt upon arrival, but that was it. The most aggravating part of the experience is when the check came. When I reserved the daybed, I was never informed of an additional service charge, nor was there any mention in it in my email confirmation. I assumed that the $149 I paid for the bed was the service charge and any tip would be for orders placed with my “butler”. However when I received my check, I was given two checks one for the daybed and one for my food & drink, each with a 20% service charge on top. Not only that, but upon reservation I explicitly asked what came with the daybed and was told all the descriptive information I mentioned above and that the “welcome amenity” referenced above was a complimentary round of drinks. When I mentioned this to my server, she looked at me like I was crazy and said they never provide that. She attempted to speak to her manager, but the response came back the same and furthermore she said the manager implied I was confused by the advertising of mojito carts that are only for cabanas, yet the website clearly states its a daybed amenity as well. Finally, despite the stated no pet policy the staff there happily welcomed a couple with two dogs to a daybed. So fun and very relaxing to hear yapping dogs next to you. I can absolutely say that SOAK does not deserve a penny of any guest staying at Loews Miami.

Lesson learned. Although I loved my room and the hotel staff was truly customer service oriented and very friendly, the pool staff and the staff at SOAK ruined my experience. A big part of a beach vacation is time at the pool and Loews needs to realize this and fix SOAK or otherwise don’t advertise for what’s it not. Anyone who has spent time at a cabana at another high end Miami beach hotel or in Vegas will immediately know that SOAK is a fraud. I was so angered by my experience at SOAK, I will not likely stay at this Loews again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sean C, Hotel Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear alamerican,

We are so glad to hear that your stay and birthday were an all over successful experience. We pride ourselves on acknowledging special occasions for our guests by providing unique welcome amenities and personalized service to make your stay extra special. We appreciate your feedback regarding your SOAK Day Bed experience. We opened SOAK in July after a $2.1 Million dollar construction and pride ourselves on having the only two-story, exclusive, ocean-front, private cabana and day bed experience in Miami Beach. Our cabanas and day beds have recieved excellent responses so far from the vast majority of guests and outstanding press coverage as well. Not only do our cabanas offer the ultimate in relaxation, but they also serve as a mutli-purpose venue that can be used for business events, weddings, private parties and more.

While I am disappointed to hear that we failed to fulfill the pampering services that we showcase for our guests, please be assured that I will look into all aspects of your recent SOAK experience personally. Please feel free to contact me directly to further discuss this service encounter. I thank you again for taking the time to inform us of your experience and hope that this will not deter you from joining us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Billy AKA "Billy the Bellman" was amazing! His customer service and knowledge of the area made our girls weekend top notch! Loews was an awesome hotel experience with great amenities and hospitality! Worth the money, you definitely get what you pay for! Ready to plan my next trip ASAP!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Sean C, Hotel Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Heather C,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay. We are thrilled that you had such a warm welcome and that Billy took great care of your group. We pride ourselves on having the best team in South Beach! Our team is dedicated to providing the AND MORE experience and exceeding expectations.

Knowing that you are eager to plan your next trip just days after your last reminds us that we are doing everything we can to make the true Loews hospitality shine. Since you mentioned that you were here on a girls weekend, I wanted to inform you of our annual "Girlfriends Getaway". This year it will be on April 26-28th and is a weekend full of fun events, outings, shopping, and more. We hope you will consider it for your next trip to South Beach.

Been to Loews Miami Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!