“Great times!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #29 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Great times!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This hotel is a great example of what customer service should be. We were greated by friendly valet/bellman staff, had a quick check in, and when taken to our room we were upgraded to an ocean view with balcony. Billy the bellman was such a great first impression of the hotel. He is friendly, informative and helpful! We were visiting for a girls weekend and enjoyed every moment at the hotel. Beds are comfortable, room is clean, view is spectacular. This hotel is great for both fun partying and families! I will definitely return!
A HUGE thank you to Billy for taking SUCH great care of us!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Sean C, Hotel Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 15, 2013
Dear Melissa K,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. Your feedback helps us to keep up with the things that make our guests happy and returning. Billy truly exemplifies the genuine Loews hospitality, and we appreciate you making note of that in your review. As much as we praise our staff for their exceptional service and dedication, hearing it first hand from a satisfied customer makes it that much better.

We take all of our guests needs and expectations seriously, so we are glad to hear that all of your needs were met in your recent stay. Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (633)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

I had a great time at this hotel! The service was excellent. We never had to ask for anything extra for the room and the bellman "Billy" took very good care of us! If you go to this hotel make sure you ask for Billy as your bellman :)

Room Tip: Get a balcony! w/ ocean view or partial
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Sean C, Hotel Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear Kimberly H,

We love hearing guests feedback about their stay with us, and are just as thrilled to hear that your experience was nothing less than exceptional. Providing a warm welcome and high-quality service is what we pride ourselves on here at the Loews Miami Beach, and the fact that Billy was a prime example of this makes us happy and extremely proud of what a great team we have. We will be sure to pass on your praise to Billy.

Thank you again for your feedback and we look forward to having you back again soon.
Arlington, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

My wife and I come down to Miami every January/February and usually stay the Ritz. The prices for advanced booking at Loews were too good to pass up, so we decided to give the hotel a chance. We arrived very late Thursday evening due to a delay with our flight, but upon check-in found that we were given a great room on the 16th floor with a balcony as requested. We were close to the beach side of the hotel with an unbelievable view of both the ocean and the city. There was a piece of cake waiting for me in the room wishing me a happy birthday, a nice touch. As many have said, eating and drinking at the hotel is expensive, they charge for beach chairs, but all of this is well known information going in, so for me there is no reason to complain. My wife enjoyed a great massage at the spa and we enjoyed our time at the beach on Friday.

Saturday we had a reservation at SOAK for a daybed, which is the experience that almost ruined what seemed like was going to be a perfect stay at Loews. SOAK is advertised as an exclusive area of the pool. Per the Loews website “SOAK at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, offers the ultimate, exclusive luxury experience for guests wanting something a little special during their vacation. “ The daybed experience per the site is described as follows: Personalized SOAK Butler Service, Exclusive & designated area Jacuzzi exclusive for the cabana and day bed area, Expanded food menu, wine list offerings and bottle service, Daily amenities, such as; Mojito cart, smoothies, Fruit cart, hourly poolside pampering and more, and Welcome amenity. Furthermore, my reservation email stated “No pets are allowed in the SOAK area. “ Well pretty much all of the above turned out not to be true. Our personalized “butler” came to our bed maybe at best once every 30-40 minutes, really not any better service then we would have received in the regular pool area. The exclusive Jacuzzi constantly had people from the regular pool area coming in because there was no one manning the front of SOAK. They would just walk in and help themselves to the Jacuzzi and would crowd it so that my wife and I had no desire to use it. The mojito cart was non-existent as well as any sort of hourly poolside pampering, expanded food menu, smoothies or fruit cart. We did receive a tray of yogurt upon arrival, but that was it. The most aggravating part of the experience is when the check came. When I reserved the daybed, I was never informed of an additional service charge, nor was there any mention in it in my email confirmation. I assumed that the $149 I paid for the bed was the service charge and any tip would be for orders placed with my “butler”. However when I received my check, I was given two checks one for the daybed and one for my food & drink, each with a 20% service charge on top. Not only that, but upon reservation I explicitly asked what came with the daybed and was told all the descriptive information I mentioned above and that the “welcome amenity” referenced above was a complimentary round of drinks. When I mentioned this to my server, she looked at me like I was crazy and said they never provide that. She attempted to speak to her manager, but the response came back the same and furthermore she said the manager implied I was confused by the advertising of mojito carts that are only for cabanas, yet the website clearly states its a daybed amenity as well. Finally, despite the stated no pet policy the staff there happily welcomed a couple with two dogs to a daybed. So fun and very relaxing to hear yapping dogs next to you. I can absolutely say that SOAK does not deserve a penny of any guest staying at Loews Miami.

Lesson learned. Although I loved my room and the hotel staff was truly customer service oriented and very friendly, the pool staff and the staff at SOAK ruined my experience. A big part of a beach vacation is time at the pool and Loews needs to realize this and fix SOAK or otherwise don’t advertise for what’s it not. Anyone who has spent time at a cabana at another high end Miami beach hotel or in Vegas will immediately know that SOAK is a fraud. I was so angered by my experience at SOAK, I will not likely stay at this Loews again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sean C, Hotel Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Dear alamerican,

We are so glad to hear that your stay and birthday were an all over successful experience. We pride ourselves on acknowledging special occasions for our guests by providing unique welcome amenities and personalized service to make your stay extra special. We appreciate your feedback regarding your SOAK Day Bed experience. We opened SOAK in July after a $2.1 Million dollar construction and pride ourselves on having the only two-story, exclusive, ocean-front, private cabana and day bed experience in Miami Beach. Our cabanas and day beds have recieved excellent responses so far from the vast majority of guests and outstanding press coverage as well. Not only do our cabanas offer the ultimate in relaxation, but they also serve as a mutli-purpose venue that can be used for business events, weddings, private parties and more.

While I am disappointed to hear that we failed to fulfill the pampering services that we showcase for our guests, please be assured that I will look into all aspects of your recent SOAK experience personally. Please feel free to contact me directly to further discuss this service encounter. I thank you again for taking the time to inform us of your experience and hope that this will not deter you from joining us again.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Billy AKA "Billy the Bellman" was amazing! His customer service and knowledge of the area made our girls weekend top notch! Loews was an awesome hotel experience with great amenities and hospitality! Worth the money, you definitely get what you pay for! Ready to plan my next trip ASAP!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Sean C, Hotel Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Heather C,

Thank you for sharing your experience during your recent stay. We are thrilled that you had such a warm welcome and that Billy took great care of your group. We pride ourselves on having the best team in South Beach! Our team is dedicated to providing the AND MORE experience and exceeding expectations.

Knowing that you are eager to plan your next trip just days after your last reminds us that we are doing everything we can to make the true Loews hospitality shine. Since you mentioned that you were here on a girls weekend, I wanted to inform you of our annual "Girlfriends Getaway". This year it will be on April 26-28th and is a weekend full of fun events, outings, shopping, and more. We hope you will consider it for your next trip to South Beach.

Guildford, England
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We love or is it loved this hotel, it seemed to embody the spirit of South Beach. Never mind the prices, the racket of charging 20% service charge then leaving a blank on the bill for additional service charge, the band that regularly drowns out all conversation in the Hemisphere Bar, it was just great to be there. On this visit the romantic mist was rudely and frankly shockingly dispelled. We had several weeks ealier reserves a luxury room with sea view and paid $349.17 icluding taxes etc. We checked in tired after a long journey, the check in clerk repeated luxury room twin beds, the usual package of loyalty goodies and told us it was a really great room on the 15 floor. It was dark and so we left our luggage in our room and went to the hotel bar for some sushi. When we returned I noticed that I couldn't see the sea but it was dark. The next morning I saw we has no sea view, no shower in fact it wasn't a luxury room at all. I complained and a supervisor told us We had had been downgraded into a standard room. So the check in clerk had deliberately misled us or had been negligent to an astonishing degree. They had however charged us for a luxury room and only offered to put matters right when I demanded a refund of the difference. Obviously I can't prove it but I believe my wife and I were deliberately misled and overcharged. To think that staff at Loews would behave like this is incredible. Such was there contrition on being caught I we were offered a free breakfast, we very politely declined. I should have said stuff it. So For the first time ever I'm going to downmarket them in every category, this sort of dishonesty is unforgivable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear jcallcutt,

We appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and are glad you took the time to express your concerns with your recent stay so that we may work to better assist you in the future. Delivering exceptional service is our top priority and we would like to apologize if the service provided to you during any point in your stay was anything less than that.

In regards to the automatic service charge on all bills, 20% is typical in South Beach at fine and luxury dining venues, as the standard of service provided in these outlets is high quality and more intimate than would be at a fast food restaurant. Now in terms of the room, I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. Our check-in process is designed to give the customer precisely what it is they have booked and try to exceed any and all expectations. In review of your account, I do see that you booked a Partial Ocean view, Luxury category room with two double beds. I do see there was a request to be in the main tower and also to be nearby, if not adjoining, to another room. I also see that you arrived around 8pm and that the check-in process took no more than 5 minutes. That being said, I apologize that you did not receive the room you booked, this is infact a misstep on our part. I am happy to hear that our team offered a few options in terms of compensation, providing you with $30 off your nightly rate and a breakfast voucher, however I would like to personally extend an additional offer to you.

While you mentioned that your previous stays with us were great, we hope that your recent experience has not affected your decision to join us again in the future. Should you decide to return to the Loews, please contact my assistant Alejandra at aamaya@loewshotels.com to receive a complimentary upgrade certificate to be used at your next stay. Thank you again for your feedback, we hope to see you soon.
Eastern PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

This is a fantastic hotel. Great service, great pool, great room. Decor is fresh and inviting. Pool and hot tub are terrific. Now the bad. Food is overpriced. Drinks are overpriced. Beach amenities (chair, umbrella, cabana) are overpriced. Pay for Internet, pay for gym and pay for valet parking. Rooms are pricey to begin with but plan on adding another 50% above that for the other stuff. If you can get past the fees this is one of the most beautiful spots on Miami beach.

Dear Padoc72,

Your feedback provides us with the insight needed to continuously work to provide the best quality of service to all of our guests. Thank you for taking time out of your day to give us your opinion on your most recent stay here at Loews. You mentioned that there are a lot of little things that you have to pay for at the hotel that are not included in the room rate. Typically, other hotels that offer complimentary internet and gym access do this because in addition to their standard occupancy, state and local taxes, they charge a resort fee as well. Here, at the Loews Miami Beach Hotel, we do not charge a resort fee, because not all guests plan to use the internet or gym, etc. thus they shouldn't be automatically charged for it. We pride ourselves on giving our guests options, as opposed to rolling in added fees.

Thank you again for your feedback, it is very important to us. We hope you will join us again soon.
Caracas, Venezuela
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Hotel is centrally located in Miami Beach within walking distance of Lincoln Road (which has seen better days), fast food chains, a number of small restaurants and shopping area. The hotel general areas are well laid, such as pool, fitness room, spa and also excellent meeting and conference facilities which appear to be extensively used.
Room assigned faced NorthEast with a small but very pleasant balcony which allowed an unobstructed view of the beach and ocean. The furniture appeared to be in good shape and the bed mattress was quite comfortable; bathroom was standard with average fixtures.
As in most hotels nowadays, access to the Internet is heavily levied; after battling for 3 days with constant interruptions that required the outside service provider intervention, the fees were waived.
Coffee, tea and bar area was pleasant with an outstanding service but with stiff prices.
Parking fees are simply obscene in Miami Beach and the hotel fully partners with the concept.
The reception assistants were generally very pleasant with one exception. Concierge was not very helpful. Room make up was slow but promptly serviced once reported. Rest of the staff, porters and valets service were helpful and excellent.

Room Tip: Request rooms with ocean views
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Kh445,

We appreciate your review of the hotel and are happy to hear that you enjoyed the property, its close proximity to all that South Beach has to offer, our staff and the general warmth and quality service that is standard at the Loews. We feel our employees best represent what it is we offer at our hotel, that is a four-diamond and MORE attitude towards exceeding guest expectations. Thank you for informing us of your troubles with the internet connection. The appropriate department has been notified and will be sure to investigate and rectify the situation. Your feedback is what keeps us on our toes, constantly looking for new ways to enhance the guest experience, so again we would like to thank you for your review of the hotel and for sharing your experience with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Been to Loews Miami Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!