“Beautiful, but lots of little costs every way you turn” 4 of 5 stars

4th Night Free
Ranked #40 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Ambler, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful, but lots of little costs every way you turn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012 via mobile

Beautiful hotel and property. Got a great deal on room from Expedia. Was disappointed to see it was hard to get a chair at the pool. We were on the lawn facing a wall. Beach was beautiful. Costs $10/chair and $18 an umbrella at the beach per day. Gym also costs $10

Would rather pay a little more for the room and have that stuff included

• Stayed December 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (678)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Miami Springs, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

My mom wanted to have a nice birthday weekend near home , so we decided why not stay at Lowes , after paying more than $1000 for the weekend , I can say I would've rather stayed elsewhere.. We ordered room service for breakfast lunch and dinner for two days.. My mom's chicken was raw , we let room service know and asked if we could take it back to cook , to wait another two hours .. My mom's appetite was already lost.. The sushi and breakfast was ok. Overall the location , yes you are next to the beach and the staff is nice and if you have a dog they give you treats and even have their own room service menu :) , but the rooms are normal the view is ok , and the food is not the best... Not worth what you pay for ..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Pickering, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights in December 2012. The service staff in this hotel are over and above any I have ever encountered during my travels. From the doorman, the front desk, pool staff, waiters, even security staff.... everyone was so friendly, helpful, generous and pleasant. They all went out of their way to make our stay extra-special. Many times I was even addressed by name! I was so impressed that they took the time to try remember a guests' name!
We had a couple minor room issues (mold on the shower curtain, damp comforter on the bed), but they were corrected immediately and the staff apologized profusely. They even took the time to call the room later to ensure the issues were taken care of adequately.
The pools are open 24hrs a day - which is a great bonus. To come back after a long, late dinner and be able to relax in the hot tub.
This was my 5th visit to South Beach, and I can say for sure that I will not stay anywhere else next time I am in town. Only Loews Miami Beach for me. It is was really that amazing.

Room Tip: Ocean view with a balcony was lovely
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
LoewsMiamiBeach, Guest Relations Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear JohnandEmily_10,

Thank you for your recent visit and for your review! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and are delighted to hear that you will be joining the Loews Miami Beach family as a repeat guest in the future.

The caliber of our staff and the quality of service they provide to our guests is incredible indeed. It is our priority to exceed any and all guest expectations by delivering exceptional service, and we are glad that you had the chance to experience the genuine Loews hospitality.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.
Plymouth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and found it was a great place for kids! The pool was great, food was excellent. The hotel is on south beach with a long boardwalk to walk/ run on. As with anything Miami everything is expensive but I did feel we received a good value.

• Stayed December 2012
Basel, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Stayed for a few days on work trip in Oct 2012. Pool and service around it are great. Beach access is perfect and the rooms are big and clean. Steps away from Lincoln Road. Would come back for a longer, relaxing visit if I could.

• Stayed October 2012
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I traveled with a bunch of my friends and we were lucky enough to stay in this hotel. All the staff knew our names and were eager to help us with anything. The doorman was exceptionally knowledgeable on things to do and was a great source of information for us. Anything he didn't know, he took the time to discuss and confirm with others.

The hotel is incredibly well-maintained and grounds manicured. The pools are no exception. The only issue I have is actually with GUESTS. Please, DO NOT bathe your child in the pool. A man was changing his infant daughter's diaper, and took her (stark naked) into the pool and visibly began washing her private areas. Grotesque.

The room was clean but small. I am used to sharing a Queen-sized bed with someone else but these beds were smaller, probably full-size, not queen. We had a great view of the city and the beach. This hotel is truly oceanfront and really well-located.

Highly recommend this hotel to all sorts of travelers.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The Loews Miami Beach is in a great section and rooms overlook the beach. I was staying in the 2nd building, which clearly is a bit older and in need of a refresh.

My biggest complaint, though, was about the WiFi.

I was at the hotel on business (for a conference). I had a free hour, so thought that I'd grab a little pool time. The pool WiFi was unusable and that location seemed to get no signal from either AT&T or Verizon, so to access my email I had to leave the pool and return to my room. When I asked the staff around the pool, they just nodded, saying "yeah, the wifi's no good here". To me, that's simply unacceptable. WiFi was also a challenge in and around the meeting rooms.

Overall, the staff and service were great and this could be a great hotel. But the rooms need a refresh (at least in the 2nd building) and a very modest investment could solve the WiFi issues. Until that's done, I won't return.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the main building.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business