“At more than $300 a night you are expecting a good experience” 3 of 5 stars

Eat, Drink. Our Treat!
Ranked #36 of 201 hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Miami Springs, Florida
“At more than $300 a night you are expecting a good experience”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

My mom wanted to have a nice birthday weekend near home , so we decided why not stay at Lowes , after paying more than $1000 for the weekend , I can say I would've rather stayed elsewhere.. We ordered room service for breakfast lunch and dinner for two days.. My mom's chicken was raw , we let room service know and asked if we could take it back to cook , to wait another two hours .. My mom's appetite was already lost.. The sushi and breakfast was ok. Overall the location , yes you are next to the beach and the staff is nice and if you have a dog they give you treats and even have their own room service menu :) , but the rooms are normal the view is ok , and the food is not the best... Not worth what you pay for ..

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

3,175 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (508)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Pickering, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

Stayed here for 4 nights in December 2012. The service staff in this hotel are over and above any I have ever encountered during my travels. From the doorman, the front desk, pool staff, waiters, even security staff.... everyone was so friendly, helpful, generous and pleasant. They all went out of their way to make our stay extra-special. Many times I was even addressed by name! I was so impressed that they took the time to try remember a guests' name!
We had a couple minor room issues (mold on the shower curtain, damp comforter on the bed), but they were corrected immediately and the staff apologized profusely. They even took the time to call the room later to ensure the issues were taken care of adequately.
The pools are open 24hrs a day - which is a great bonus. To come back after a long, late dinner and be able to relax in the hot tub.
This was my 5th visit to South Beach, and I can say for sure that I will not stay anywhere else next time I am in town. Only Loews Miami Beach for me. It is was really that amazing.

Room Tip: Ocean view with a balcony was lovely
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
LoewsMiamiBeach, Guest Relations Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear JohnandEmily_10,

Thank you for your recent visit and for your review! We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and are delighted to hear that you will be joining the Loews Miami Beach family as a repeat guest in the future.

The caliber of our staff and the quality of service they provide to our guests is incredible indeed. It is our priority to exceed any and all guest expectations by delivering exceptional service, and we are glad that you had the chance to experience the genuine Loews hospitality.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.
Plymouth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights and found it was a great place for kids! The pool was great, food was excellent. The hotel is on south beach with a long boardwalk to walk/ run on. As with anything Miami everything is expensive but I did feel we received a good value.

• Stayed December 2012
Basel, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012 via mobile

Stayed for a few days on work trip in Oct 2012. Pool and service around it are great. Beach access is perfect and the rooms are big and clean. Steps away from Lincoln Road. Would come back for a longer, relaxing visit if I could.

• Stayed October 2012
San Francisco, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I traveled with a bunch of my friends and we were lucky enough to stay in this hotel. All the staff knew our names and were eager to help us with anything. The doorman was exceptionally knowledgeable on things to do and was a great source of information for us. Anything he didn't know, he took the time to discuss and confirm with others.

The hotel is incredibly well-maintained and grounds manicured. The pools are no exception. The only issue I have is actually with GUESTS. Please, DO NOT bathe your child in the pool. A man was changing his infant daughter's diaper, and took her (stark naked) into the pool and visibly began washing her private areas. Grotesque.

The room was clean but small. I am used to sharing a Queen-sized bed with someone else but these beds were smaller, probably full-size, not queen. We had a great view of the city and the beach. This hotel is truly oceanfront and really well-located.

Highly recommend this hotel to all sorts of travelers.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with friends
New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The Loews Miami Beach is in a great section and rooms overlook the beach. I was staying in the 2nd building, which clearly is a bit older and in need of a refresh.

My biggest complaint, though, was about the WiFi.

I was at the hotel on business (for a conference). I had a free hour, so thought that I'd grab a little pool time. The pool WiFi was unusable and that location seemed to get no signal from either AT&T or Verizon, so to access my email I had to leave the pool and return to my room. When I asked the staff around the pool, they just nodded, saying "yeah, the wifi's no good here". To me, that's simply unacceptable. WiFi was also a challenge in and around the meeting rooms.

Overall, the staff and service were great and this could be a great hotel. But the rooms need a refresh (at least in the 2nd building) and a very modest investment could solve the WiFi issues. Until that's done, I won't return.

Room Tip: Ask to stay in the main building.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
West Orange, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

I checked in with my wife and four--year-old son on Sunday 12/16 and we checked out on Thurs. 12/20. This was a great week to come because, until Thurs., the hotel was only about a third full and everything was reasonably priced to reflect that it was a slow week. We had originally booked our room in July and got a rate of $298/night. A few days before we left, the hotel's Facebook page was running an offer of $249/night plus free valet parking. We called the hotel and were able to change our reservation to the lower rate. Because we are "blue" members of the hotel's loyalty program, we also got a free upgrade to an ocean view room (really great view), early check in, late check out, free Wi-Fi in the room, and free use of the gym.

We also decided to try the new Soak cabanas at the pool because they were only $300/day (compared with the usual rate of $700-$800/ day) and we got a $100/day food and beverage credit. The cabanas are definitely worth it. They are a stone's throw from the pool. Each cabana is air conditioned, has its own big bathroom with a shower, a big flat screen TV, a DVD player, a mini-fridge, a wrap around couch with big comfortable pillows, drawers for a change of clothes, shelves for toys and other personal items, a small safe for storing valuables, an I-Pad with games and movies for the kids, an I-Phone docking station, and lots of extra outlets for your other electronics. Right outside the cabana, you also get three big beach lounge chairs (one in the shade under the overhanging entrance to the cabana and two in the sun with umbrella) and one small chair. The cabana also has its own door and privacy curtain. There are stairs that lead up to a private roof top sun deck for all the cabanas. Each cabana gets two more big beach loungers and separate couch and table set up with umbrella for eating and sleeping. There is also a separate hot tub for just the cabana owners. You also get a free "set up" on the beach of two big lounge chairs (normally $50).

The cabanas were definitely worth it. They eliminated the need to return to the room for anything and are open from 9 am to 6 pm. The cabana staff (Kate, Devereaux, Dana, and Vernanda) took care of our every need and anticipated needs we did didn't even know we had.

Our only complaint was that, on Tuesday and Wednesday, they were doing construction in the cabana area that caused two of the three entrances/exits to the cabana area to be blocked off and created a lot of distracting noise. When we checked out on Thursday, I asked the front desk agent (Kayla) if the hotel could comp us for the cabana fee for one of the two days we had the construction. She could not have been more understanding and professional in dealing with us. If it were up to her, I think she would have granted our request, but she had to clear it with her manager, who agreed to comp us for only 50% of the cabana fee for one day. Given that we come to this hotel on a regular basis, that we had paid for the cabanas for four days and that we were only asking the hotel to comp us the cabana fee for one of the two construction days, I thought the manager was being a little shortsighted. With the exception of that one customer service hiccup, this was a perfect vacation week for us.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Loews Miami Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!