“Cabana on the beach a must!!!....” 4 of 5 stars

Free Beverages!
Ranked #35 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Toronto, Canada
“Cabana on the beach a must!!!....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012 via mobile

Great pricing so the value was definitely on point. And we got a chance to rent a cabana which we used the first day for a couple of hours in the evening and then all day the next day. Doing absolutely NOTHING except sunning ourselfs, listening to our music and enjoying a splash in the ocean every once in a while. Great visit!!! I'm not sure how long the renovated look has been implemented at this hotel but every dollar spent was worth it. The lobby and accompanying restaurant look fantastic and the room was very comfortable. Upgraded for just $60 per night to an ocean view so no complaints there. Staff were very attentive and personable. We opted for the beach instead of the pool because it was very crowded. The pool is definitely a better option for those with children. Otherwise a cabana or umbrella on the beach is the only way to go!!!

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
smurov, Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent visit. We love that you had such a great time and enjoyed the hotel, the destination; even the weather was perfect for you. We hope your travels bring you back to South Beach and our hotel again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (567)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Brussels
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

I visited this hotel last year and loved it.
So I decided to come back this year accompanied by my kids and husband.
I was terribly disappointed.
The lobby is so terribly cold or even freezing that when you walk back to your room from being outside in the warm, the difference in temperature is so huge that you can fall sick...and my 4yearvold son did fall sick...so sick that he spent the following 5days in bed and on medication twice a day.
So if you're travelling with young children or people who fall easily sick then please don't go here!!!

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

This was by far our best hotel stay ever. As a tradition, we go to Loews for birthdays with my boyfriend. We booked a regular king room but upon arrival, the girl at the check in counter spoke to her manager and they put us in a king suite. The girls name was Christine and from the moment I began talking to her, she was nothing but kind and professional. Just like any popular hotel, the lobby had a good amount of traffic in it and they were busy but you would never be able to tell because she was so upbeat and energetic. Christine had wonderful things to say about Loews when I asked how she liked working there, it is always refreshing to meet people who genuinely love what they do and respect the company that they work for. Before check in, I had called and told them it was my boyfriends birthday weekend and and that we are loyal customers, thinking they would do something nice for him. Sure enough, our loyalty to the company paid off. There was a nice bottle of Pinot Noir and a birthday note waiting for him in the room. The whole experience was just wonderful, by far the best quality of service that we have ever gotten at any hotel. We ordered room service and were pleasantly surprised at the speed of the delivery and the quality of the food. The bed was super comfortable as well and we got a great night of sleep. We will be back very soon.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
smurov, Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you for your continued loyalty to the Loews Miami Beach Hotel, it is much appreciated. We are happy to hear you had a wonderful time once again. We are looking forward to your next visit.
Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

our experience did not match the pictures shown on hotel web.
had the feeling to be in a 3 stars hotel.
furniture in the room seemed to come from ikea, nice fresh colours but really nothing special. we faced noice issue from the maids. when cleaning room they open/close evey room something like every minute and the door closing is extremely strong.
swimming pool area very dirty. with jetlag we were at 8:00 at the pool which was already dirty, that means that the area is not clean at the end of the day at all..... picture of the pool is idyllic on the web, but i reality no way to swim due to number of people in.
deluxe room, in fact standard room are facing city, and view is very very depressive.
partial view is not really better as you are faxing next huge building with a small view on ocean if room located on really upper floor.
do not go to starbuck coffee inside the hotel which almost triple price( usd 6.25 for espresso i.o. usd 2.50 at the starbuck 5 minutes walking).
activity center closed for the kids.... stayed july 2012.

really a middle class hotel.

Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
San Clemente, California, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my best friend for a girls trip. It was awesome. The room was really small and expensive considering. The spa was nothing special, although they hired good masseuses. The reason i would stay here again is because the pool is steps from south beach. Private entrance to keep non guests out. The pool service was great - love the pool drinks in tropical places. I will also say I was really impressed that the hotel let me check in really early; I flew in fom LA on a red eye and the hotel gave me my room way before check in. I would stay there just for that.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

I'm LOVING Loews!!! I stayed there for my birthday weekend. The service is excellent! The rooms are spacious and nicely decorated. I had a city view on the 18th floor. It was a stunning view and the first morning I woke up to a beautiful rainbow. (I'll attach that picture). I loved the bathroom. Spacious also. I love the beach so I had plans on laying on the beach all day. Well, we had no clue that the pool was where it was happening. We got to the pool late (about 10:30 am) on the first day and ALL of the chairs were taken around the pool. These people don't play. However the lovely staff started placing lounge chairs on a turf area just past the bar. No we didn't have a pool view and didn't have an umbrella (which we needed because it was HOT), but we enjoyed it nonetheless. The 2nd day we planned accordingly and got a hot spot by 8:30am. The pool has an itinerary and I loved the smoothies, pretzels, frozen grapes, Evian mist, etc...going on all day! I mean it gets hot and then the next thing you know, someone is spraying Evian Mist on you....right on time! The food and drinks were very, very good. Pricey, but good! I don't mind paying if it's worth it and it was ALL worth it. The valet people were so friendly. When we checked out they gave us all waters. I mean, it's the little things. Another thing... the lobby smelled WONDERFUL every day! I know they were pumping Febreeze or something in the vents and I THOROUGHLY enjoyed that. There's nothing like walking in the lobby and just being lulled in by a lovely scent! This hotel is in a great location. We walked to Ocean every night, walked up and down Lincoln... I mean it was just a wonderful time! Oh, the pool stays open all night long so there would be a few people there late into the night. Lots of fun. If you like excellent accomodations and premier service, then Loews is for you! I normally HATE hotels but I LOVED Loews! Sometimes you just have to pay for service!

Room Tip: It appeared that the "beach view" would be looking next door to the next hotel. I say do t...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for two nights to celebrate our "Babymoon". The hotel is not cheap, but the service is superior, everyone is friendly and helpful, and we felt quite pampered. Located on the edge of ocean drive, just far enough away from the nightlife for some peace and quiet, but close enough that a quick walk puts you in the center of everything.
I absolutely loved the way the staff helped me find pool chairs, and then came around with complimentary smoothies, frozen grapes, and evian misting.
There is no resort fee at this hotel, but there is a 20% service charge tacked onto everything, even the cup of coffee I grabbed in the lobby one morning.
My only knock is the 30$ a day fee to use the refrigerator (for which you need a key) that is in your room. For over 400 dollars a night I should be able to save leftovers and beverages in a refrigerator at no extra cost.
Other than that, we had a fabulous experience and will stay here again and again when we visit Miami!

• Stayed July 2012
smurov, Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for your post about your recent stay. Our daily poolside pampering at the pool and beach is something guests really enjoy and we are thrilled you did too.

Been to Loews Miami Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!