“Excellent service and clean, modern lines” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Beverages!
Ranked #35 of 203 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Excellent service and clean, modern lines”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

The Loews is ideally located in the heart of Miami Beach. Just half a block from Lincoln Road, a short walk from Ocean Drive, and right on the water with a terrific pool and beach set up.

The hotel lobby and facilities are clean and modern. The staff is friendly, attentive and professional. We were there on a very busy weekend and always received top-flight service.

The rooms are well decorated in a modern style, with a mid-century influence. Bathrooms are clean and the fog less mirror was a nice touch. The counter space in our bathroom was lacking, making it impossible to get ready at the same time.

The pool was busy, but we had no problem getting seats and always had prompt service. Cold towel handouts and frozen grapes were a nice bonus. The staff seems keenly interested in making sure you are having a pleasant stay. Another nice thing about the pool is that it has a wading area for kids, which is nice for them and the parents and nice for everyone else (because it keeps the kids in one area if you want to avoid that scene.). No club or hip hop music at this pool. Mellow, but surpringly good live music, coupled with a Bob Marley heavy IPod mix during set breaks.

We would certainly stay at the Loews again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
smurov, Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, June 1, 2012
Thank you for the wonderful comments about the hotel, especially in regard to the pool service. Service is our number one priority and we will make sure we share your post with our pool and recreation team, who will be thrilled with this feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (567)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

Overall average experience. Location in very good and the room was very nice too ( we had a family site in the st moritz building). What this hotel lacks completely is a decent restaurant. Pool Food is poor and breakfast is better at petrol stations along motorways: plastic and paper cutlery are just the icing on the cake. One day i ordered a cesar salad at the pool and found some waste paper in it (somebodyelses receipt had been tossed in my salad instead of the garbege). They did not charge for it, but still you do not pay 950 a day to deal with this. Overall the looks of the place is nice, the crowd quite mixed: a lot of families with kids make you feel less guilty when your kids are noisy. Too bad the service and quality of food you expect from such a place is just not there. Still the room was spotless and comfortable.

Room Tip: Go in the st moritz building. Have been told the main building is much cheaper because it is older t...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Granby, Quebec, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

We spent the weekend and it was beautiful....even if it cost me 10$ for a coffee and a yogurt!!

The site is exceptionally beautiful, and hop and skip away from the bustle of South Beach. The rooms were very nice.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your post! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope your travels bring you back to South Beach and our hotel again soon.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

My bf and I stayed here back in Sep 2011 for 5 nights.

The pool/beach area is beautiful, the hotel ground is very well maintained. The cool towers/sun lotions that server brings you at the pool is a nice touch to the good service they provide.

Our room wasn't ready for 4 hours (we arrived at around 12), so they were very literal about their 4pm check-in policy

I booked a "partial-ocean view room" and we were given a room in the St. Mortiz's tower. It was very nice and clean, with comfy king-size bed and a GREAT view (overseeing the entire pool and the ocean).

We tried the hotel restaurant for dinner one night and it wasn't bad neither was it impressive. The service was great though. The cute ice-cream/dessert shop was very lovely and enjoyable to take a break from the heat.

wireless in the lobby was great, we normally spent 30min - 1hr a day sitting in the lobby with our coffee and surfed the net.

Lastly -- things are expensive in the hotel (meals, coffee, dessert, room service) but then, EVERYTHING in SB is expensive so I can't complain too much. If you are relatively well-off and want a nice, modern hotel with good service, Loews will probably live up to your expectations.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for posting comments about your last visit to the hotel. We really appreciate it and are thrilled you had a great stay. We hope to welcome you back again soon.
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Great Hotel tough to beat in terms of quality, staff, food etc. However, the service charges are ridiculous under no circumstances should I order Sushi from my room then walk down to pick it up and be charged a service fee of $7 for what? I go to the wonderful ice cream shop order some ice cream and I get charged a service fee?? I was charged 117 for parking for 3 nights which is about the norm in MIA ($39pn)- But I just checked my CC statement and noticed an additional charge for 39...I'll have to look into that. The walls are extremely thin, our neighbors were early risers so the 6am showers were very disturbing ex after late nights. btw The lobster omelet was to die for little pricey but well worth it! Would I stay here again? Absolutely would I buy anything on premise absolutely not! Your even tagg for Fuji water $6 dollars per bottle if you dare consume! I recommend going to the Walgreens at the corner and getting the same exact water for $2 dollars. Same for liquor just cross the street. It looks like the hotel mgr only responds to favorable comments but I hope he reads this one and address these ridiculous nickel and diming practices on going at the Lowes Miami.

Room Tip: Ocean views are phenomial
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Port Gentil, Gabon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

Hotel is nice, well located. Rooms are a bit small and with a child no intimicy possible for a couple; basically the child bed was a folding sofa 20cm from the king size bed!
Also since the sofa is always opened you ended up with very small space in the room.In the bathroom there is a curtain in the shower, I say that because I really don't like curtain in hotel 's shower. A part from this the breakfast in the restaurant can be very suprising in terms of price: more than 100 usd for 2 adults and a 3 years old child!!! That was a shock for us! The reason of this is that there are continental and american breakfast. Apparently we took both of them, we did not realize the continental was on one table and the american was another table...
The swimming pool full of children, we took this hotel because it is family friendly but it was just a bit too much and we did not enjoyed the swimmimg pool.
Conclusion, hotel is fine, weel located, not as far as the W hotel ( which is much better but a bit far from center, lincoln,...), a bit expensive for the quality and very noisy around the swimming pool in summer. And be carrefull, the spa and fitness are not free you must pay to use one of the running machine!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

The room was average and the bed was comfortable. Despite the bed, it was next to impossible to sleep due to my neighbor's phone conversation. She wasn't speaking all that loud but I could pick up enough to drive me crazy. Called the front desk twice and they said they would send security up to the room and offered to move me. I accepted but never heard back. I guess my exhaustion got the best of me or security got to her. The next thing I heard was the wake up call.

When I checked out and shared my experience with the front desk, I was asked if there were a connecting door between the rooms; there was and to her credit she admitted that was the problem. So...if you are planning a trip, make sure there's no connecting door

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Been to Loews Miami Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!