“Amazing Bachelor/Bachelorette Parties at Loews!” 5 of 5 stars

4th Night Free
Ranked #35 of 205 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Columbus, Ohio
“Amazing Bachelor/Bachelorette Parties at Loews!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2012

I don't even know where to begin! My fiance and I celebrated our joint bachelor/bachelorette parties at Loews Miami Beach and it was the most amazing 3-day weekend ever. The weather was crummy (rained the entire time) BUT this hotel is what made up for it all.

Reservations: I can't thank Kathy from Reservations (x5035) enough for her awesome help. We originally had reservations at FB but I heard that Loews was better/closer to the action... so with less than 1 month before our trip, she helped us book the last Bayview Suite available and booked 5 additional deluxe rooms all next to each other on the 18th floor so our large group of 14 guests could be close together. Then 2 weeks after we booked, I noticed the rates dropped so I called Kathy again and she reduced all the rates and we still managed to have resort credits as well!

Check-in: Christine & Kate helped me at check-in. We had people flying in from all over the country and each person checked in with zero troubles. They helped us figure out all of our resort credits and spent alot of time with us. Best of all, they surprised the boys with a bucket of Heiniken and nacho chips one day... and then surprised the girls with buckets of Champagne and chocolates/fruits the next day. Each surprise came with a personalized note from Christine and it was so sincere and thoughtful. They really went above and beyond because they felt the rain might ruin our trip.

Rooms: Our bayview suite was amazing! Totally worth the extra cash. I recommend this group for those traveling with families or for reunions. It served as the main party room/meeting place. The furnished balcony was HUGE with amazing views of the ocean and downtown Miami. It had a full bathroom, kitchenette, fridge, micro, sink, and dining room table for 8. Plus it had a pullout sofa sleeper. The rest of the deluxe rooms were equally impressive with modern decor and alot of SPACE. I find that most SoBe hotel rooms are on the small side but we had some rooms with 2 couples staying it in and it worked out just perfectly. The maid service was excellent and available 24/7. If you leave your door ajar/cracked for too long, security will come up and check that everything is OK. This became kind of annoying since we were running in/out of each other's rooms all the time BUT it is for safety reasons so no arguments here.

Room Service: Best room service prices I've seen in a loooong time. Food always came within 35 minutes. Most importantly, excellent food.

Pool/ocean: I personally did not take advantage of this because of the bad weather BUT my friends did go in the hot tub and pool when it was raining and they had a blast. They had the facilities all to themselves with no complaints.

Breakfast: The buffet is expensive ($29 pp) so we all ordered ala carte. Our waitress was adorable and the food was great. For me and my fiance, with coffee/OJs and 2 nicely portioned meals, our total with tip was $51. They even had gluten-free selections for me (Celiacs) which is rare!

Conceirge: Love these guys!! Thanks to George and David for their superior professionalism and help. I talked to them literally everyday to help us plan where to have every meal, again due to the bad weather we had to plan extra stuff. Their suggestions were top notch and we loved everywhere we went!

Spa: The spa might have been the only issue as my friend got a $100 shellac pedicure and it was ruined after she put her shoes on 4 hours later. She had to spend another $50 at an alternate salon to get it fixed. The spa was also booked solid for Sat/Sun so I couldn't go. It is a clean/nice space though.

General: Overall the property is beautiful, well-located, and run by experts in the hospitality industry. They have a low associate turnover I heard... makes me believe they have happy people working here which is very refreshing! I will *always* stay at Loews when I make my annual trip to SoBe :) THANKS to Christine, Kate, George, David & everyone else who made our trip extra special! Keep up the great work.

Room Tip: Definitely splurge for a suite on a higher floor. The views are awesome and the extra space is pric...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
smurov, Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post about your stay. We love that we are your hotel of choice for annual trips to South Beach and we look forward welcoming you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (667)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

The entire staff I came in contact with were courteous and very professional. They were quick to follow up on our requests.

• Stayed April 2012
Thanks for your post. At Loews Miami Beach Hotel, offering the BEST service possible is our number one goal and we are thrilled that we achieved that with you during your visit.
Lake Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

The pool area was beautiful among the general ambiance of the Loews Miami, I found the staff to be very friendly and eager to help. Great location, right in the heart of South Beach. We were here for my husbands company incentives trip. We really enjoyed the Everglades Tour, although it felt rushed, should have been a few hours longer. The Catamaran was relaxing and lasted an appropriate amount of time. The cons, no fridge in room to store drinks or leftover food and why on earth does it cost $30 plus dollars to rent a beach chair and umbrella each day? if you are a guest, they should be first come, first serve at no cost. We had to go to Walgreens to buy a fan due to thin walls. Tried to get one from Front Desk but they were never available, if you desire a fan to sleep with call ahead to try and reserve one for your room. Loew's did a great job trying to place me with one but they were clearly on high demand. Overall the beauty of the Loews blew me away but there is definitely room for improvement.

I did receive a massage at the Spa, very over priced. Good massage, very friendly.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for posting! We are glad you enjoyed the hotel, the ambiance and great location. We hope you’ll come back and visit us again in the future.
Mississauga, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

We found the hotel to be wonderful. It is a large, resort hotel right on the beach. The beach in South Beach is very large, however, we did not use the beach, only for walks. The pool at the hotel is large and has live music playing on the weekend.

There is always things to do in South Beach. There are some great restaurants and if you are up to it, some great nightlife. There is a wonderful boardwalk that stretches for miles.

I found the hotel to be wonderful but the rate seems high, but I guess that is relative to the nieghbourhood with the Ritz Carlton and W Hotel just down the street.

Room Tip: The rooms are all very nice. You will enjoy their high quality bed.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
smurov, Manager at Loews Miami Beach Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2012
We are so glad you had a nice time and enjoyed the hotel and the surrounding area. We hope your travels bring you back to South Beach and our hotel again in the near future.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

After being recommended to stay here by friends with kids, we booked the St Moritz Suite and were expecting great things as I had recently had an operation and wanted to relax. The first room they showed us was on the 2nd floor over looking a dirty roof and the traffic could be heard, the kids pull out bed area was tiny as well - not great at nearly $750 per night. They kindly moved us to the 12th floor to a slightly bigger room which was slightly tatty and that's where the problems started. The bath and sink was full of black hair (I was later told this def wouldn't happen again), they only gave us 1 child bed, they lost a package left for us and the safe was broken. It took up most of our first afternoon to fix this .

We went to the pool to try relax but there was incessant drilling coming fromt he builders building the new cabanas. A small detail they didn't tell us about at all before we arrived or on arrival. I complained and got a $100 food voucher, not much considering it went on the whole stay except the weekend when it rained.

The next morning I got to the pool at 845am to get beds and the drilling started at 9am and lasted the whole day. The next day my wife secured beds at the same time and someone stole them and we were shifted to the back of the astro turf away from the pool making it hard to watch our kids. If you want a relaxing pool side holiday, don't come here.
To quote, "The location, in our historic St. Moritz Spa Tower, all but guarantees your stay will be peaceful, quiet and absolutely relaxing". I was not feeling at all relaxed or being treated like a VIP despite the half hearted attempts of Carly my VIP co-ordinator.

The wifi was terrible at the pool and in the lobby and was very frustrating for all of us and acknowledged by the staff I asked as being broken for months. After I established I had wifi included in my room which they failed to tell me at checkin, I tried to connect but couldn't and had to spend some time with an IT support services company to get me on. This would have avoided us having to go downstairs all the time to do all our online tasks.

On the plus side, my children loved the kids club and the staff there were great, the free sushi lessons we had at Sushi Sobe was fun for all of us, esp the kids. The beach is beautiful but expensive so be prepared and the location is perfect to access the hustle of South Beach.

After much feedback from me to Carly and the Duty Manager Sandra, they took a few hundred dollars off the bill. Unfortunately they did not go far enough to appease mine or my wife's frustrations or for me to ever go back there or probably stay at any Loews hotel again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
We were very sorry to hear about the issues that arose during your recent stay. The hotel is in the final stages of builing the new cabana area and apologizes for any disruptions that might have caused. We would love to further discuss your experience, please email us at miamicustomerservice.com and one of our managers will get back in touch with you directly.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

Was on a cooperate incentive trip, so the company picked up the tab for everything for 5 days. Had a great time, food was excellent, staff was very friendly. Within a couple blocks of Ocean Boulevard for great restaraunts and shopping.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for writing about your recent stay. We do have an amazing location and we are happy you were able to check out some of the shopping and restaurants in the area. We hope you’ll come back again soon for another visit.
Portsmouth, NH
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2012 via mobile

Flew into Miami for a brief girls' weekend and spent two nights at the Loews. What was lacking? Let's begin with no in-room safe, no free wifi, no mini fridge, and daily fitness room charge. Our suite was at least 450.00 a night so it was not as though we were on a modest travel budget. Business hotels provides these things for free- why can't a pricey beachfront hotel that charges an 18% surcharge on every beverage order. I hope the management considers the modern traveler who takes many trips a year and expects certain modern, albeit modest, services.
Great location-absolutely. Lovely pool and nice access to beach. On any return trips, I will look at other options.

Stayed April 2012
We are very disappointed to hear about your recent stay. Loews Miami Beach Hotel does have in-room safes in all of our guestrooms, small refrigerators are available upon request and there is complimentary wifi in all public areas of the hotel including the swimming pool. We do have an additional fee for the fitness center as that is an offering from our partners at Elemis Spa. The 18% automatic service on food and beverage is a standard in almost all restaurants and bars in the Miami Beach Destination. Please contact us at miamicustomerservice@loewshotels.com if you would like to further discuss.